1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Friday 4th. August 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Aug 3, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Friday's Meetings

Bangor-on-Dee
    N/H 7 Races 1:30-4:50p.m.
    Thirsk
    Flat 8 Races 1:40-5:35p.m.
    Glorious Goodwood
    Flat 7 Races 1:50-5:15p.m.
    Galway Festival(E)
    Mixed 7 Races 5:10-8:25p.m.
    Newmarket(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:20-8:30p.m.
    Bath(E)
    Flat 6 Races 5:30-8:10p.m.
    Musselburgh(E)
    Flat 7 Races 5:40-8:50p.m.

Racecards

At The Races
    Racing Post Bloodstock
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

stick likes this.
  2. stick

stick Bumper King

WITHERNSEA 20/1 GOODWOOD 3:00
    Will love the conditions and go off at half the price.

NB; All advices given are purely the opinions of the writer and not a foregone conclusion. Before parting with your own hard earned money you should do your own research and decide what is the best course of action to take. Any complaints about the accuracy of the information given should be reported back to someone who gives a ****.

3. Bostonbob

Bostonbob Well-Known Member

4. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

<laugh>

5. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

<laugh> I found this quote recently, it amused me and sums up your point reasonably well:

Behold! The field in which I grow my ****s. Lay thine eyes upon it and thou shalt see that it is barren.

Good luck all tomorrow.

stick likes this.
  6. Freddo

Freddo New Member

Off on my Yearly trip to thirsk tomorrow. Anyone have any pointers as i am a bit of novice and normally dont end up winning at all

7. stick

stick Bumper King

Are you looking for SOUND ADVICE

8. stick

stick Bumper King

Yankee at Galway tomorrow;
    Roachdale House 5:10
    On Fiddlers Green 6;15
    Whiskey Sour 6;50
    Digeanta 8;25

Any chance my emerald isle cousins?

9. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

See of Green in the lucky last is worth a look. Enjoy your day

10. Davidquinn

Davidquinn Active Member

WILD APPROACH - Goodwood - 4:40 - 16/1

Worth a little punt each way on this one with paddys paying 4 places. Beat Absolute Blast recently in a Group 3 in Germany which is pretty good form, dropped back in trip now and will definitely see it out, likes a bit of cut, trainer does alright with the horses he brings over. Spencer on board a hold up horse that will be staying on at the finish, what can go wrong.

TOMYRIS - Goodwood - 4:40 - 8/1

Happy to throw a couple of darts at this one what with the four places and 15 runners. Totally get why many have plumped for this one in the comp, form behind Winter last time can't be knocked, form before that (especially on soft) enough to go very close here also.

Last edited: Aug 4, 2017

11. Davidquinn

Davidquinn Active Member

Creek Walk in the 5pm is evens currently but I'd have it as a 1/2 shot, should be classes above these

12. SaveTheHumans

SaveTheHumans Well-Known Member

They all appear to have some chance stick. Wide open handicaps and I don't think you could rule any of them out with great certainty.

Rennetti should prove difficult to beat in that Digeanta race over the trip I feel. He's raced well on the flat over shorter distances and tonight I think he could prove too strong up at over 1m 6f. Willie probably had it in mind from a while back. Whiskey Sour will likely try make all over a trip short of what he needs but has obvious claims, Mawanny is the one I like in it, ground suits and travels sweetly around midfield...could prove hard to beat if finding up the hill tonight.

The first two have patchy profiles, they will have to put back to back wins together which they have never managed before, they're in great order though and have very good chances at rewarding odds.

Your first two have great each way claims and the the ones on the flat should run very close to winning. GL.

stick likes this.
  13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

I will assume that Timeform’s top-rated in the King George Stakes is going to be the three year old Battaash, a facile winner at Sandown over the minimum trip last time. Just the small problem of the Sandown sprint course being mostly uphill and the ground that day was as hard as a road. Profitable has his ground but has not won in five. I like Marsha but she was behind Profitable at Ascot and she was behind Take Cover and Washington Dc in a blanket finish to this last year. Two or three of the others are the usual suspects, so glad the ground saved me from having to figure this one out...

News elsewhere revolves around one of the gaffer’s syndicate horses – he has even taken the day to go to Thirsk to see it run. I speak, of course, of DYNA MIGHT in the 3:55 at the North Yorkshire course.

She ran a reasonable race last time but they are pretty convinced that she did not stay the extra trip. Bad news is that the winner that day, Sheriff Garrett is here too; the good news is that he has been hiked 7lbs and now has to give her weight. The trainer reports that she has been working well, there is no rain in the forecast and the current going is okay so they are hoping for a good showing in a moderate race.

Looking at the form myself, the main danger looks like Vindicator, still a maiden but fourth over a furlong further last time out. There is precious little else form to go on but it is not impossible that top weight Fire Leopard could be one that O’Meara has got a lenient handicap mark by doing the minimum in three maiden races.

14. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Marsha is top rated QM Free race card here
    Top 3
    upload_2017-8-4_14-19-21.png

15. robbie

robbie Well-Known Member

Smallish e/w on Wasington DC in the 3.35, nowt else today.

16. Ste D

Ste D Well-Known Member

Been told these two have an ew chance at nice prices; form isn't great though so small wager.
    6.50 Tara Dylan 14/1
    7.55 Bella Nua 28/1

17. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As the ground doesn't seem to be having much effect on the results I suspect the sprint will be won by one of those 3 Timeform top rated above. My selection Ardad was based on horses needing it soft. Another one down the pan then.

Wish I'd ignored the ground today. I think the wind is drying out the ground

18. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

FFS all mine start going backwards as soon as they get inside the last furlong or 2. Whilst my grandson cheers on the one he picked, Master of the World. It's a very bad afternoon <doh>. Rapidly losing all interest

19. stick

stick Bumper King

Place money, happy with that.

Ekbalco99 and karlos5001 like this.
  20. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Those chalk Sussex Downs will be drying out as they do not retain the water like the clay soils elsewhere.

Retire, Ron, and leave picking your selections to your grandson. <laugh>

Ron likes this.