1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Friday 23rd. Feb. 2018

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Feb 22, 2018.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Friday's Meetings

Warwick

N/H 7 Races 1:50-5:10p.m.
    Exeter
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:20p.m.
    Lingfield
    A/W 6 Races 2:10-5:00p.m.
    Dundalk(E)
    A/W 8 Races 5:30-9:00p.m.
    Wolverhampton(E)
    A/W 6 Races 5:45-8:15p.m.

Racecards
    At The Races

Racing Post
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

2. stick

stick Bumper King

Looking to kick the day off on the right note again and the horse for the job is surely;

MOTUEKA 13/2 Exeter 2:00

Went in my tracker on seasonal debut when just touched off by Landin. I thought compensation was just around the corner but his two runs since have been less than spectacular. He is now in a handicap though and off a mark of 116, the aforementioned Landin is worth 124 so I reckon if Motueka runs up to his form he is around 8lbs well in.
    The other big factor for me is that Dickie Johnson has been absent for his last two runs and this tricky character is likely to go better for the master horseman.
    I cannot see the 13/2 being around for long as he is up at 4's in other places and a best 5/1 with proper bookies.

3. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

3.40 Exeter Whatsthatallabout ... 7-1 with PP & Betfair, 8 runners for the thieves :)

Was progressive in 2016 and has clearly had problems - recent wind op attests to something, but been dropped 5lb from her last but one run and she looks primed for this one if all is well <ok> There are some decent animals in opposition, but I'm happy enough with her chances..

lamby and Ekbalco99 like this.
  4. Ekbalco99

Ekbalco99 Well-Known Member

The big plus for this horse is that it shares its name with one of my favorite New Zealand hops ... what could possibly go wrong ??

StretchForTheLine likes this.
  5. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

3.30 Warwick- Calipto- 4/1

The Hobbs horse is definitely worth taking on in this race - the stable are in dire form. My selection altho been disappointing this season has had a small break. He does have some extremely good form to his name, Beaten about 6l in the grand annual last year, went off fav for a novice chase a couple of years ago won by Tea For Two and ran ok then just weakened last time out. He is extremely well handicapped off a mak of 131 8lbs lower than at Cheltenham last March- and will love the ground too! This will be the day he’s back in the winners enclosure

6. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

I'm sure Stick has one for the bumper at Warwick but with such a short price favourite in the race i'm taking it on and looking for one at a decent price. Megaboost at 16/1 is having my few quid ew

7. stick

stick Bumper King

I love taking on the shorties smoke and this isn't one of Hendo's better bumper tracks but this lass is a full sister to DARLAN no less and it speaks volumes to me that McManus took the decision to send it to Seven Barrows. Pauling does send his better bumpers here and his one is attracting minor support, I am unimpressed by the pedigree though.

Daddy Pig and smokethedeadbadger like this.
  8. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

The mares chase at Warwick looks a bit tasty. The two at the top of the market will probably fight out the finish. Sparkling river is a tough cookie but the man of the moment runs the gutsy socksy. Barring a saddle slip, socksy should prevail.

Ekbalco99 likes this.
  9. floridaspearl

Dell arca and drumlee sunset catch my eye and the jockey booking has made my mind up.

10. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

indeed florida , i assume leighton had the choice between Blameitallonmyroots and the wadham horse phoenicana, he's opted for the sherwood beast , but brian hughes is on lucy wadham horse , we saw that combo on Shanroe Santos the other day , yard won it last year , so i'm doing a r/f wth fergals and lucy's , and an exotic trio with sherwoods !!! oh and backing Phoenicana in a single !

11. rudebwoy

rudebwoy Well-Known Member

Dawson City 14/1 in the devon slog , he's this price because he's moody , on a good day will be placed at least , has been in the frame 14 /24 races , a good stat , thornton who knows and wins on him back in the saddle , heavy ground suits , i think he's a value bet !! good luck

attivo and Hawkward like this.
  12. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

You not worried about backing the Hobbs yard he has be extremely quiet this season!

13. NDS

NDS Well-Known Member

Dan Skelton sends one all the way to Warwick today ( 12 mile ) and assuming the ground dries
    a little would see it go close 3.30 Cobra De Mai.

That's my lot for today now for a round of golf, good luck all.

14. stick

stick Bumper King

I would be more worried if you or Alex Hammond tip it <laugh><laugh><laugh>

15. floridaspearl

So just most of the field then

rudebwoy likes this.
  16. redcat1

redcat1 Well-Known Member

Another Story Dundalk 6:30 10/1 E/W Punt

17. stick

stick Bumper King

I can throw a bit of light on these arrangements which may help for future analysis etc.
    Oliver Sherwood pays Leighton Aspell a retainer and has first claim on his services.

Hughes has a really interesting book of rides for various trainers today.

18. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

We patent and acca in first three races at Jebel Ali:

Busker 12/1
    Hawker 9/2
    Mizbah 4/1

19. Pilgrim

Pilgrim Well-Known Member

Exeter 16,50

If Thomas Patrick can with the distance perhaps repeat victory, in his debut over fences he jumped well and finished strong. 7/2 with R. Johnson again.

20. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Quite a nice juvenile hurdle at Warwick today with a smattering of Triumph / Fred Winter entries running. One I liked for tomorrow's Adonis, but running here instead, is Richard Spencer's Thistimenextyear. Spence doesn't have many NH runners but his 5 runners this season have finished 3-1-1-3-6 and Thistimenextyear showed a level of ability on the flat, winning a Lingfield maiden over 12 furlongs on soft and achieving a rating of 80. I think he could outrun his odds of 16/1 (Ladbrokes, Coral) today and he rates a nice e/w bet.