1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Friday 22nd. September 2017

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Sep 21, 2017.

1. attivo

attivo Well-Known Member

Friday's Meetings

Newbury
    Flat 8 Races 1:20-5:05p.m.
    Downpatrick
    N/H 7 Races 1:45-5:00p.m.
    Newton Abbot
    N/H 7 Races 2:00-5:15p.m.
    Newcastle(E)
    A/W 8 Races 5:45-9:15p.m.
    Dundalk(E)
    A/W 7 Races 6:00-9:00p.m.
    Ayr
    Abandoned

Racecards
    At The Races
    Racing Post Bloodstock
    Sporting Life

Good Luck <ok>

Last edited: Sep 22, 2017
  2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Off to Newton Abbot tomorrow so any tips will be most welcome....

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.
  3. smokethedeadbadger

smokethedeadbadger Well-Known Member

Not one to get too carried away with because there's been more bad runs than good ones but Water Willow in the 4:10 has shown enough in a couple of its runs to suggest it has a race in it. I would have preferred and was expecting double figure odds to make it an attractive each way option but only around 7s at the moment. Four places on offer so still some value each way if you're that way inclined given the short(ish) price.

Hope you have a great day

redcgull likes this.
  4. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Have a great day Red. Gamain @7s in the 3.40 would be my pick getting nearly a stone off the jolly and with form on easy ground. I also think Nicholls will win the opener, which is hardly earth shattering news, but with the second fav. Has to give away weight but has experience over the larger obstacles which the odds on fav doesn't and again appreciates ease in the ground. Enjoy.

5. stick

stick Bumper King

oops, I was going to put up KALMBEFORTHESTORM in that race at 16/1. 4 runners with the two leading protagonists very iffy customers. This fella returns from a long lay off but if straight has been giving a very nice chance by the handicapper.

LOVE THE LEADER 9/1 should go well in the 4:10

Last edited: Sep 21, 2017
    redcgull and floridaspearl like this.
  6. gazboy

gazboy Well-Known Member

Back the favourites <badger><badger><badger>

redcgull likes this.
  7. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

Iniesta for fob in the 4.10. Pretty skinny price and good jockey on board.

redcgull likes this.
  8. Ron

Ron Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Have a great day red

redcgull likes this.
  9. floridaspearl

floridaspearl Well-Known Member

I also fancy Calin du brizais for Nigel hawke with a 3lb claimer up top a cd winner.

redcgull likes this.
  10. woolcombe-folly007

woolcombe-folly007 Well-Known Member

Away from Newton Abbot but really like SECOND THOUGHT- 4.00 NEWBURY 11/4 - form is rock solid racked up 4 wins on the trot over the AW including a win over 6f at the All Weather championships. He was then chucked in the deep end in a grade 2 back in may against Harry Angel who he finished second to. Has been given a break since then but is a major step down in class from that and the step back up in trip to 7f will only suit him.

11. redcgull

Cheers guys... Just looking at the cards now while tucking into a full english... The suns out, its hopefully going to be a dry day, and my other half will probably pick a 33/1 shot winner against my none...!!

floridaspearl likes this.
  12. redcgull

Ha, your not joking looking at the opening 2 races...!! The missus wants to know why only 2 runners in the opener... Ive told her to back both, set the day off with a winner...

13. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

On the Sports News on Radio 5 this morning, the only mention for horse racing was that Nina Carberry had won on her comeback ride after the birth of her daughter. Startling news: woman has baby and can still ride horse. Surely that has never happened before...

No mention of the fact that the Ayr Gold Cup meeting has been abandoned. I guess the BBC do not do racing anymore but in the interests of sexual equality, they have to mention Carberry after the latest episode in the England Women’s Football saga. Next time a famous male jockey becomes a dad, will that be news?

14. stick

stick Bumper King

What a ridiculous comment QM. It is slightly different a woman becoming a mother as opposed to a man becoming a father. Maybe the next time a male jockey manages to **** out a football and then ride a winner a few months later it will make the news.
    I think it is very newsworthy...especially as I had a very nice bet on it (cue cindi)

15. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

There is nothing ridiculous about it at all.

Millions of women have children every year and go back to work but that does not make the news. If the horse had been beaten, would it have got a mention? Would they have said her career is over because having a baby means that she cannot ride horses anymore?

Well done on finding the winner! <laugh>

16. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

Cor blimey there appears to be a wadge of tips in the 4.10 at God’s own racecourse today and guess where my best advice is contained within – yes, troops, the 4.10 at Newton Abbot!

One I’ve put up before. BARNEY FROM TYANEE. Not named after me but he has shown glimpses to suggest he is better than a 102 rated performer. His best form was over a similar trip, at Lingers Park in January, and on that effort he commands maximum respect. Runs today off exactly the same perch as at Lingers Park so has proved he is more than capable off such an impost. His small yard had a winner at the course last week and it wouldn’t surprise me if old boy Barney supplied them with another this afternoon. A current quote of 14/1 appears more than fair, methinks.

Good luck all.

17. Sir Barney Chuckles

Sir Barney Chuckles Who Dares Wins

While I’m on does anyone know what, typically, is the perch that an animal needs to be on to creep into the foot of the weights re the Cesarewitch???

18. PNkt

PNkt Well-Known Member

VERACIOUS in the 4.35 at Newbury is interesting. A Cheveley Parl homebred daughter of Frankel and Infallible (making her a half-sister to G2 winner Mutakkayef), she is being thrown into this Conditions Race first time out.

It's not like there aren't any other suitable Maiden/Novice Stakes to run her in (there are 7f Fillies Maidens/Novices at Kempton and Newmarket next week for example), so she must be showing something at home to be considered capable of taking on more experienced rivals.

19. stick

stick Bumper King

But millions of women are not in a career as demanding as being a jockey are they.....
    I remember similar but more vociferous support when Jess Ennis returned after a baby...and Paula Radcliffe.

20. stick

stick Bumper King

It varies each year Barney but somewhere in the high eighties is usually good enough

Sir Barney Chuckles likes this.