1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Daily Racing Thread Friday 15th. March 2019

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by attivo, Mar 14, 2019.

1. stick

stick Bumper King

Didn’t look good for Invitation Only

2. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

Happy for connections, must be a great feeling for them, especially with all of the 2nd's etc... Thought there were some big run races from a host of them with Native River showing great guts and determination especially given the start, Dicky pushing from almost the first jump. Bristol De Mai ran a cracker, as did Aniable Fly, but give credit to Al Boum Photo who along with BDM going into the last looked the one's to beat...

Good race, even if it didn't feature the main protagonists... Thoughts go with Invitation Only, didn't look good...<rose>

bayernkenny likes this.
  3. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Got doc appointment, back later, internet back just as I'm off out says it all really.

Really hope Invitation Only will be ok ... was in my tracker 3 years ago - things haven't really panned out for him but please, please, let him be ok

Hazel something next

Later

redcgull likes this.
  4. jumpsfan

jumpsfan Well-Known Member

foxhunters chase

BALNASLOW is one of my favourite hunter chasers,and though hes getting on a bit,has not a bad record in this race,even though he wasnt at his best so far this season.but it wouldnt surpirse me,were he to run well today,at big odds..

5. Chaninbar

Chaninbar The Crafty Cockney

Mr Philip Rowley. The Shropshire P2P maestro.

redcgull and rudebwoy like this.
  6. redcgull

redcgull Well-Known Member

One of my better fancies for the race, get in Hazel Hill...<cracker><cheers><ok>

7. motucker

motucker Member

Not another muddle winner been told double up with costal cyclone 6:00 Chelmsford

8. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

A bit underwhelmed today but I suppose that had to happen after the great scenes yesterday. The sad deaths, particularly Sir Erec’s, makes it a pretty somber day. I’ll watch the last 2 races but feel I’ll need a break from racing for a while - especially with the flat season coming.

9. stick

stick Bumper King

I would love to see the Foxtrot horse win this, he is such a beauty too.

10. bayernkenny

bayernkenny Well-Known Member

Sorta how I feel about the Champion's League. I suppose I will however 'lend' my allegiance to Manchester City; reasons below:

1. Many years ago we met a family in a caravan park close to Poulton-le-Fylde who had links with 'City'. In fact two smashing older guys used to visit us every two years with tickets for the Scotland - England game at the dump known as Hampden Park.
    2. Heart of Midlothian sold a great left back, Arthur Mann, to 'City'.
    3. They play in sky blue.
    4. They are NOT Manchester United.

I suspect Aintree and Punchestown might alter your perspective!

OddDog likes this.

11. stick

stick Bumper King

Some training performance by Ben Case there. I have backed that horse twice in this race previously....not today!

12. OddDog

OddDog Mild mannered janitor
    Staff Member

Placepot will be paying a fortune again

13. Brough Tiger

Brough Tiger Well-Known Member

8/1 3rd and 33/1 4th for me in the grand annual. Pretty much sums up my festival as far as the handicaps are concerned - hit the crossbar a few times without ever getting the winner!

I initially drew up my shortlist for the Grand Annual by looking at horses that ran in it last year (its an angle for this race that i really like) and Croco Bay wasn't on there as he didn't run in it. Turns out he has ran in it twice before though, just not last year! <doh>

14. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Back ..... any news of Invitation?

15. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Nap looked good for the place money but unseated rider at the last:emoticon-0121-angry

16. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Sadly was put to sleep

17. Reebok

Reebok YTS Mod
    Staff Member

Thanks. Sickening to hear, he was a fav of mine, although his limitations were sadly not top, top drawer, he still was a trier.
    RIP <peacedove>

Grade One likes this.
  18. Denny4

Denny4 Active Member

What a great week of racing we've had. Betting wise I'm down just over £300 on the week but have loved every minute of it. Frodon battling it out and winning his race like a true warrior was the highlight for me. Low points obviously losing the horses, it's never nice to see but does unfortunately come with the territory. Other low points have been the starters, do my nut in, pissed with power and the bans of the jockeys. I 100% agree with what AP was saying on ITV and can understand his anger. I still haven't found a winner in the Gold Cup, maybe next year, who knows? Finally before I rant too much I just want to say what a pleasure it has been reading the forum and interacting with other members. The knowledge and tipping on here is outstanding and with this being my first Cheltenham as a forum member you guys have set the bar pretty high for future festivals. Tomorrow's cards as always the day after Cheltenham look massively underwhelming

CaptainPops, stick, Ron and 7 others like this.
  19. NassauBoard

NassauBoard Well-Known Member

When are Southwell racing again?

Ron and QuarterMoonII like this.
  20. QuarterMoonII

QuarterMoonII Economist

Delighted that you had a good week, even though you did not enjoy financial success (my norm). I think I will be giving it a miss for the next five years as I normally only manage a winner or two a year and this year I have had four or five winners and have the weekend beer money sorted and more.

The starts have been an absolute joke. On the first day you would think that they would have learned after the first couple of false starts. Why is the starter having them line up half a furlong from the start? Get them ten yards from the tape, tell them to take a turn, walk in and let them go. Just because there are twenty horses not six should make no difference – the jockeys are supposed to be horsemen in control of their mounts.

I have previously had Gold Cup winners but I knew it would be Mullins year this year because he has had so many hotly-fancied ones come second and this year he had several with good but not great chances – I just picked the wrong one. Glad he finally won one – not that he needs the money and he has to give the trophy back next year!

Denny4 likes this.