1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Transfer Rumours French striker Modeste on the radar?

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Mar 17, 2016.

1. Qatartiger Cambridgetiger

Qatartiger Cambridgetiger Well-Known Member

Still makes me giggle ...

DMD and HHH like this.
  2. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

I'd say he was quality, yeah. Well he was before we got him anyway.

3. Evington

Evington Well-Known Member

Another waste of money then

4. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

Proschwitz, Sagbo, Diomande? I'd just give the foreign market a huge miss. Every striker we have signed from overseas has inadvertently been ****. Hernandez aside, but he is a £10m pound player playing in the Championship, so he really should be tearing this league apart.

5. SydneyTiger14

SydneyTiger14 Well-Known Member

Screams the next Prozzie/Sagbo/Diomande.

6. Steven Toast

Steven Toast Well-Known Member

Thing is though, we miss out on these English targets, so what are we left with? We have no choice but to look abroad. The 'foreign market' is enormous, it's essentially any player outside of the UK, so to avoid them all would be mental. Again, Gedo came from abroad and his goals helped get us promoted last time. Look at players like Mahrez, Knockaert, Vydra and Ighalo, all very good players and all came from abroad. The problem doesn't lie with the player's ability, it's the way we are conditioning these lads. They're fine, then they magically turn **** when they sign for us. How would you account for it? Proschwitz wasn't a last minute signing, he was obviously scouted having scored 17 goals in the previous season for Paderborn, other clubs were probably chasing him as well. We are the problem, it's us. James Beattie was released from the Swansea coaching staff, he knew how to score a goal, get him in if it'll help. Kevin Davies is also available. I don't know the answer, but something has to give. You're right, our record of strikers under Brucey has largely been appaling, so we should be asking him the question (or getting Burnsy to), who's coaching the strikers?

You can't blame the club for looking at strikers that are scoring goals in other leagues, it's obvious that they're going to be in demand. If we were chasing a striker who'd scored 1 in 21 I'd question it, but you can't honestly say we should stop looking at players scoring in other leagues?

7. GLP

GLP Well-Known Member

It is probably as much who is scouting and recommending the club players from abroad. I'd still rather give it a miss on the basis that we simply don't seem to be very good at unearthing talented players abroad. Our track record is appalling.

I think the English league is unique in the English style, whatever that is? A lot of foreign imports seem to require a lot of time adjusting to the pace and physical nature of our game, some never adapt. Which are the players we seem to sign!!

We need at this point in time a traditional English centre forward. There's a player Burnley nicked from right under our noses who would have been perfect. Failing that Lambert on loan would be a safe bet. Given our recent forays into the foreign market for a striker, I would at this point much rather sign an English has been than a foreign never will be.

8. WhittlingStick

WhittlingStick Well-Known Member

Even if we signed Grey and both his legs fell off we would still be in a auto spot,

We seem to have the knack of signing strikers with promise but fail to deliver or we miss out on players we all know can do it and go on to prove it again and again.