1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Free travel to all away games...

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by originallambrettaman, Jan 5, 2023.

1. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Even more buses!

2. Cityzen

Cityzen Well-Known Member

Coaches can cost £1,000;and upwards for longer trips. So with 50 people on a bus that would be 20 buses so it is easy to get to that figure.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  3. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Sure, if that many people use the bus, I don't know. Anyone know how many buses went to Birmingham and Wigan? Thing is UP said the cost is £200k. Is that for the season or the remaining 9 games? Is it £200k accrued since no-one knows what the actual takeup might be? Is it really £200k?
    Anyway, if Tufan is off, as some think, his wages'll cover all of it with change. :emoticon-0100-smile

4. johnbo

johnbo Well-Known Member

I think around 17/18 went to Birmingham and 28 to Wigan

5. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Just heard it's Sheff U on the train, strikes permitting, had this trouble last season too. Yes Ric I'm very tempted to take advantage. Need to speak to other like minded souls because there's noting worse then going on TT by yourself as I did to QPR, along with a couple of dozen 18 year olds all pissed up on one can of cider, between them.

GLP, HHH, petersaxton and 2 others like this.
  6. Cityzen

I am not bothered. It is a generous gesture by the owner. Other clubs wouldn’t be saying things like a transfer will cover the cost or even discussing it other than to praise the owner.A transfer may not happen. He could reinvest any money in a transfer in a new player.
    As we had 2,500 at Wigan I would say looking at our away attendances for similar distance, and bearing a lot of people were back at work last Tuesday, that over 1,000 went on the free buses which would be 20 or more. I may be wrong of course and the majority made their own way there and paid for travel themselves. Though I doubt it.

7. originalminority

originalminority Well-Known Member

Agree but free club travel does present an economic challenge to our independents like Simon, Botanic, Bruce, Mannix and Cockney Jacko etc.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  8. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

Blimey, that is a lot of buses!

johnbo likes this.
  9. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

I travel alone myself sometimes and I agree,it can be tedious!!

There's usually a load of 18 year old's on my trains,you can see them tutting away when I crack open another can of cider every 20 minutes...The look on their faces when that coincides with a visit to the toilet at similar intervals,priceless!

10. Tickton Tiger.

Tickton Tiger. Well-Known Member

Why should my comments keep me out of Supporters meetings? Have I ever posted anything that isn't true, or as I see it? Ticket sales for Fulham are disappointing considering the efforts the club have gone through to make it affordable. If I think they are disappointing at this stage what do you think the club make of it? As for the cost of the coach hire. People were enquiring, and if you've ever booked a 54 seater yourself it's not hard to work out, therefore it's not as though it's classified information or anything. it is great gesture by the club. As are the price of the tickets for the Fulham game. I just wish we were talking about a sell out and not about being disappointed with the take up.

TwoWrights likes this.

11. Plum

Plum Well-Known Member

How things get blown up! I'm not bothered either. Ric wondered where the money was coming from, I wondered if it really mattered in the bigger picture. However I'm pretty sure the cost has been discussed within the club and properly accounted for.

12. Ric Glasgow

Ric Glasgow Well-Known Member

Spot on!! I could walk half a mile from my home this Saturday to Broadwood Stadium and freeze my nuts off watching Clyde v Kelty Hearts...The cost,£17!!

I can't understand why there's not a bigger interest in the Fulham game @ £10 a pop.

Tickton Tiger. likes this.
  13. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

It's a great gesture. However, living miles from Hull I can't take advantage of it. Free travel to home games would be significantly more useful for me.

14. Cityzen

If I lived in Hull prefer a trip on one of those, especially Bruce’s as I know him and people who go with him, as the football is just part of a day out with plenty of beers and not a straight there and back job. Like we used to do years ago where we met the coach at midnight or, if the police spotted it and told the driver we weren’t stopping, in another town. Had great nights out in various place we wouldn’t have been otherwise. Derby, Grantham, King’s Lynn….

15. Wessie Exile

Wessie Exile Well-Known Member

And national express and megabus assume everyone wants to go to Leeds from Hull in the morning and back on a night. Absolutely naff all from them to get me to Hull in time for a game, and back afterwards

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  16. Cityzen

Can get to Hull but even getting back to nearby Brid can be a problem. No chance for a midweek game as last train is 21.30.

Ric Glasgow likes this.
  17. Anal Frank Fingers

Anal Frank Fingers Well-Known Member

Maybe it includes the value of the lost payments from away fans who normally pay for their travel. I'm surprised the sum is so low to be honest.

18. Cityzen

28 coaches will have been 25,000 or so. Add on lost profits from the coaches they normally run and it soon adds up.
    A great gesture by our owner.

19. AlRawdah

AlRawdah Well-Known Member

I believe there were 43 coaches at Wigan. That’s at least £25,000 outlay, maybe as much as £40,000. Though Acklams are a canny operator and will perhaps seek some a sponsorship space for a reduced price.

20. balkan tiger

balkan tiger Well-Known Member

Just a speculative guess as to why the club would want to exclude you from the supporters meetings on the grounds that you have a family member working there. Could they think you may leak information, you could do that anyway. Seems odd though.