1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread Franks 1st game, frankly bloody awful.

Discussion in 'Chelsea' started by Chelsea Pensioner, Apr 10, 2023.

1. Chelsea Pensioner

Chelsea Pensioner Well-Known Member

Seems Frank hasn't watched many Chelsea Games, otherwise he wouldn't start Sterling ,who was atrocious, Havertz who was his usual headless chicken, Cuccarella who was like a flat tyre,and James as a right back , totally wasted. So unbalanced, so turgid and disjointed was this dumb 4-3-3 line up, we were reduced to a rabble before half time. Enzo went missing, chasing shadows all game. He must be thinking he was crazy to join this ****box team. Felix was left alone all game again, bet he can't wait to get away from us, Kovacic never got going, all in all the worst performance all season. On comes Pulisic who loses every ball he touches, nothing new there, Mudryk who did zero again. Only Gallagher looked interested, and therein lies the problem
    Even our good players have lost the will to win in this dreadful Mickey Mouse Club environment.

God save us if Frank learns nothing from this debacle and plays the duds against Real.
    Chalobah is miles better than Koulibaly and maybe even Fofana who again did very little to suggest he's special. Cuckoo is just not up to this level.However none are close to the dreadful Sterling, what a fraud, what a bludger, what a has been. How smart were City to rid themselves of this phoney.

We are a rabble of overrated, overpaid gutless wonders who won't even fight on the field. Too easy, take the 250Gs a week and let someone else do the work.
    Great work Boehly.
    Both my best mates , 30 year Chelsea supporters, turned off at half time and say they won't watch any more games this year. I will to see whether we get dropped from the PL.
    When you can't beat Wolves, with your 3rd manager in a year, and half a Billion pounds spent on Players, you are doing something seriously wrong.
    Most worrying is Frank is lauding Sterling as something special and the Player to lead us into the future. Much as I like Frank, that's just ridiculous.

Last edited: Apr 10, 2023
  2. Chelsea Pensioner

I suppose after such a damning post I should put my head on the block.
    So here's my selection for Real, based on nothing but watching pitiful performances for months from players who are supposed to be good, but aren't.

Goal Kepa
    Back 3 Chalobah Silva (if fit) or Koulibaly Fofana.
    Wing Backs James Chilwell
    Mids Enzo Kante (if fit) or Kovacic
    Front 3 Havertz Aubamayang Felix

No Sterling PLEASE, no Mount, no Mudryk, no Cuckoo, no Pulisic, not even as subs.
    Subs Gallagher, Hall, Chuck, Fofana (the striker), RLC ,

3. Naas Blue

Naas Blue Well-Known Member

Auba not in Champs League squad.

4. Chelsea Pensioner

Cause he's not, another balls up. Oh well Havertz usually steps up for CL matches. Fingers crossed

5. Chelsea Pensioner

Auba on 1 leg would be better than Sterling, what a hopeless player he's become. Our worst by some way against Real. Apart from one minute of excitement, which Courtois snuffed out, he was useless. I counted him losing ball 1st touch, 1st pass or 1st opponent he faced 4 times in a row. He stood back, stopped running and backpassed all game long until Frank hooked him off. Let's hope he's top of the sale list ASAP. Aside from his sending off Chilwell also had a lousy game too often failing to run or pass forward when we had our only success with quick counters. The rest played as well as possible, tried hard, got monstered for some time before the subs brought energy and fight. our midfield did pretty well, Kante ran out of puff after a great show. Oh for a striker, any striker who can run defenders and open up the goals. Without, we keep meeting a wall time after time.
    2-0 might be too far to come back from, but we were significantly better than our recent past games.