1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FRANCE 2016 - WALES

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by DragonPhilljack, May 13, 2016.

1. seabreeze

seabreeze Well-Known Member

To me , they had to pick at least 2 players from the semi finalists which to me is a laugh .
    All players on the team are from the final 4 .....I mean really !

DragonPhilljack likes this.
  2. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Trouble with that game was that Allen was along side Andy King who was woeful and dissappeared for most of the game, how can you expect Allen to hold the midfield on his own? So I for one would give him a pass on the game, and it's clear to me that Ramsey and Allen have a good understanding how things work, where king was poor, no wonder he only had 8 starts for Leicester last season. ........ <ok>

3. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I thought you didn't watch the tournament Roof, so how would you know if right or wrong in their selection. saying that it does smack of picking semi finalists.

swanseaandproud likes this.
  4. seabreeze

I watched more than I was going to , mostly replays though . 12 teams had no one make the team .
    Bale had 3 goals and didn't make the team and Allen made it without a goal or assist ...

5. Kifflom!

Kifflom! Well-Known Member

The point on King may be accurate but doesn't explain why Allen couldn't string two passes together, lost the ball all the time and was generally woeful in that game.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2016
    seabreeze likes this.
  6. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

Joe was one of our stand out players for Wales....It's not about scoring goals at all, Its how you have made a contribution towards getting the team to the Semi's and Joe has been outstanding throughout the tournament.

7. seabreeze

Ramsey and Bale for me if it had to be two players from Wales ... by a long shot . But these " All Star " teams are trade offs and weighing how many from where .
    Morata scores 3 goals in 4 games for Spain and doesn't get a sniff . Ronaldo wouldn't have been a pick of mine either .
    4 picks from Portugal , a team that won 1 game out of 7 in regulation time . This whole " Euro " team is a joke IMO.

DragonPhilljack, Jager and Kifflom! like this.
  8. Kifflom!

I tend to agree. I mean, the Portuguese goalkeeper? Really? Allen was NOT "good throughout the tournament" he was good for a large part of the Tournament and ****e in the last game. Stop whitewashing it.

9. Jager

Jager Well-Known Member

Except for that pass that lead to the goal for Belgium ;)

10. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

You should add in your opinion Aussie and that's all.......Experts thought different but their opinion is the one they have come up with and i agree with Allen being selected.....I would have chosen Bale over Ronando but again that is my opinion......So nobody is whitewashing anything.....

11. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I seem to remember not a bad ball through to Ramsey for his goal I think against Russia or is that not an assist.

12. seabreeze

Sorry ......you are probably right ... but Allen was anything but super the last 2 games and when Ramsey wasn't around , Allen was perticularlly bad .

mustyfrog likes this.
  13. Kifflom!

14. ValleyGraduate12

ValleyGraduate12 Aberdude's Puppet
    Forum Moderator

Anything but super? He dominated the midfield against Belgium <laugh>

trundles left foot likes this.
  15. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

When you have someone of Ramsey's quality alongside you, you know that you can give a quick pass through the channels, you also know where he is likely to be to receive the quick ball, but when you have Andy king alongside you who doesn't read the game half as well as Ramsey, then you end up holding the ball far longer than you should, making you vulnerable to the 50/50 tackle, and that's what Joe unfortunately had to deal with which brought unnecessary pressure and increased passing errors, you are only as good as the players around you, that's why I gave him a pass on the Portugal game, I'm pleased he made the UEFA Tournament team................<ok>

seabreeze likes this.