1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FPP to take full control

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by Whiteleas Wanderer, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

I don't think he'll be panicking provided football is played in some form by september. As the good article on ALS said (posted a couple of pages back) the club is not a financial mess to the degree people think on terms of p&l.

But I do agree there is little chance of someone buying us for £35m+ as things stand. I still can't understand why FPP didn't buy us for £15m and them have Donald write off the debt though. That would seem a good option for them, albeit a bad one for the club.

None of this stacks up really, it will be very interesting to hear him defend this.

2. ISOE II

ISOE II Well-Known Member

http://wisemensay.co.uk/the-truth-will-out/ So I’ll go with these lads ahead of ALS. RAWA et al. They seem to have some interesting information that various people who have been scrutinising events appear to be unaware of. :-(

Blond Bombshell, Chip, DH4 and 4 others like this.
  3. alan reed

alan reed Well-Known Member

and so say all of us.

4. kingkeane

kingkeane Well-Known Member

therein lies the problem... the uncertainty. Almost Everything has dropped in price, including the the football club. Who is going to buy a club with no income except for tv revenue in league one which is minuscule compared to the prem or championship. We’ve got 13 players due to leave the club. Where’s the cash coming from to pay existing and new players wages and fees? Our keeper hasn’t been offered a new contract. We’ve flogged our brightest academy prospect for 200k. Scary times. I’d be gobsmacked if anyone on here wasn’t worried and thinking it will all blow over.

Blond Bombshell, Huds0n, DH4 and 3 others like this.
  5. Kittenmittons

Kittenmittons Well-Known Member

It is worrying. The problem is that it worries us more than I suspect it worries our owner...

6. John 11:35

John 11:35 Well-Known Member

Short was pretty dishonest himself. Instead of leaving the club debt free like he said, he used parachute payments to paper over a £20m loan then left it for the chuckle brothers to sort out.

The sooner these clowns bankrupt themselves or sell the club the better

7. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Pretty sure Donald will be wanting to drop the club like a hot potato and get the **** out of town.

If he plans to dig his heels in and stay on long term then he's either stupid, which he isn't, or he can afford to pay his way out of trouble, which I doubt.

8. Guinness Guzzler

Guinness Guzzler Well-Known Member

His arse isn't dropping. I'd say a sale is less likely after Covid, not more

Billy Batts likes this.
  9. Billy Batts

Billy Batts Well-Known Member

Anybody who saw stid2 and his handling of the Grigg situation knows that this dunce couldn't negotiate his way out of a paper bag.

10. Dave_39

Dave_39 Well-Known Member

this sadly we stuck with the twat

11. John 11:35

John 11:35 Well-Known Member

Anyone with an ounce of sense would realise they’re going to take a hit but Stew wants a profit and a place at the table.

He’s in love with the idea of owning a big club with the very real possibility he’ll make it into a much smaller one with his utter buffoonery.

Smug in Boots likes this.
  12. The Norton Cat

The Norton Cat Well-Known Member

I think he's passed the point of no return this time. Seems like he's lost the fanbase. Whoever leaked this information has done well because I imagine that the kind of murky accounting that everyone is having a hissy fit about goes on at many clubs but no one bats an eyelid. In reality, it's not about that at all though. Donald is paying the price for:
    1. Not getting us promoted
    2. Not being a billionaire
    3. Being southern

13. Wayne the Punk

Wayne the Punk Well-Known Member

I would love to have a game of cards with Stuart Donald, after watching his skills with the Griggs transfer, I would be set up for life. How the **** has our club got into this ****ing mess?

Billy Batts and Smug in Boots like this.
  14. Wayne the Punk

What a ****ing stupid post, its down to the fact they bought us cheap and want the parachute payments rolled into their profit, they should be wearing ****ing masks

15. The Norton Cat

Don't get yourself worked up love. You wouldn't give a **** what they wanted to do if we'd been promoted and were doing well in the Championship.

16. Wayne the Punk

You dont know me, pussy, so dont make any ****ing assumptions

Sunderpitt and The Norton Cat like this.
  17. Evil Jimmy Krankie

Evil Jimmy Krankie Well-Known Member

Definitely for not getting us promoted although with all the rhetoric he and Methven came out with when they first took over the club is it any surprise?
    Not being a billionaire. All any fan wants is their team to win. Not every team can be owned by one. We were and look where that got us.
    As for his southerness I really don’t think anyone who supports the club could give a crap about where he came from or what he sounded like as long as he ran the club well and ethically.

18. The Norton Cat

As soon as we didn't get promoted the pressure was on him. People have been clamouring for another billionaire since one came sniffing round. As for his geographical origins, maybe not but people have made a big deal of him looking, speaking and acting like David Brent and I've seen him referred to as Cockney (which he isn't) on several occasions. I still think if we were doing better, none of this financial stuff would be a problem.

Owld Feller likes this.
  19. Wayne the Punk

But, I am not sure if you have noticed this.The team is poor, piss poor, we are in division 3, not looking like getting promoted, and owned by someone who looks like he hasnt been honest with supporters, and trying to rip at least £20million out of the club

Huds0n likes this.
  20. rooch 3

rooch 3 Well-Known Member

Off to a good start mate!