1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fox News?

Discussion in 'International Cricket' started by BillysStatue, Apr 5, 2013.

1. BillysStatue

BillysStatue Well-Known Member

If you haven't heard of them, there is an American TV News Channel, owned by Rupert Murdoch, called Fox News. Their big marketing blurb is that they are "Fair and Balanced", and they plug this statement relentlessly. Now, the reason why they plug this is because they are anything but. You see, Fox News is renowned for being totally unfair and one sided, they political mouthpiece for the Republican party. All you hear from them is anti Democtratic party "news and discussions", and a constant attack on Pres Obama. Have a look and you will quickly see what I mean.

The reason I am posting this is because I recently put up a thread on this part of Not606 giving my point of view on the absolute debacle of a Test series in New Zealand where we were badly shown up by one of the minnows in world cricket. I did not hide my disappointment at what went wrong, cited our demolition at the hands of South Africa as a good place to look and learn, and also the loss of a winning mentality. Surely winning just four of our last twelve Test matches simply isn't good enough?

Lo and behold, someone clearly is a sore loser, because my thread has been removed, which is not very nice. Can't have every discussion go your way, can you? Now before the "malware rollback" stuff gets trundled out, I have other threads posted same time that are still on these boards, and so on and so on. So my question is this - has the International Cricket section of Not606 been bought out by Fox News?

2. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Epic Thread :)

3. The-Don

The-Don Well-Known Member

Man U are ****

4. stopmeandslapme

stopmeandslapme Well-Known Member

There is no moderator on the cricket forum, I'd guess you're only likely to have your post pulled if someone complains about it.