1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Formula 1 Gran Premio de España Santander 2012 Chat and Predictions

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by u408379965, May 8, 2012.

?

Who will be victorious in Spain?

Poll closed May 10, 2012.
  1. Sebastian Vettel

23.3%
  2. Lewis Hamilton

46.7%
  3. Mark Webber

6.7%
  4. Jenson Button

13.3%
  5. Fernando Alonso

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Nico Rosberg

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Kimi Raikkonen

6.7%
  8. Romain Grosjean

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  9. Sergio Perez

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  10. Paul di Resta

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  11. Bruno Senna

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  12. Kamui Kobayashi

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  13. Jean Eric Vergne

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  14. Michael Schumacher

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  15. Other (Please state)

3.3%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yeah Buttons tyres wore earlier and worse despite pitting quite a few laps later. In the end Jenson was dropping back by a second a lap. Seriously impressive stuff by Hamilton.

2. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

This was easily Hamilton's best race of the season, raced fast while not destroying his tyres and pulled off some good controlled overtakes; outraced Button in every single way yesterday

3. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Yep, I'm a big JB fan but he was put to shame by the excellent and controlled drive of Lewis!

4. cosicave

cosicave Well-Known Member

You've rather generously left out a few others.
    For instance, how about Coulthard at Spa, before marching through the crowded pit-lane like a half-crazed thug, or prize-fighter intent on hitting his victim (again)?

I have said it since he first came under the poisonous wing of Briatore: Schamucher is a law unto himself. Since then, he has continued to make up his own rules of conduct as well as combat. Unfortunately, this disgraceful lack of respect, with a 50:50
    mix of unbelievable arrogance, has actually been admired by a lot of people!

As a racer, he has disgraced the sport way beyond any who went before (including Senna). Time and again he takes liberties with the lives of others, completely ignoring the protocols of motor racing. Time and again he blames his plentiful, unfortunate victims. He is not fit to be on track.
    He is not fit to be part of motor racing.

Lest it be about to be said, I do not 'hate' him at all; but I readily state that I do not like his antics within the profession, which at times he has disgraced…

5. McFerrari

McFerrari Member

I genuinely don't get why people resort to hating drivers particularly drivers amongst the true greats like Schumacher. I used to not like Alonso but the last few years have made me respect him immensely into one of the sportsmen out there who I respect so much. So much that I would love to see him win a 3rd world title. But all this uncalled for dislike and hatred of a driver and never having a good word to say about them is so tacky, tasteless and petulant. What's the point in wasting your time hating on certain drivers when you could just admire them all for having the most unique statuses and skill in sport - being a Formula One driver. There ain't enough drivers out there to show your dislike for so why don't we just show them all a bit of love!

And EternalMSC as a huge Michael Schumacher fan, and possibly along with Roger Federer the finest sportsman I have ever witnessed in my life, it is tough seeing him not finish races here and there this season. He qualified excellently at the start of the season and was terribly unlucky to retire from two races. For sure he's not the driver he was. No one will be at 43 years of age and 3 seasons spent away from the sport but he is still a worthy driver capable of showing us flashes of his brilliance. Yes he is a controversial figure within the sport but tell me which sport doesn't have them? His return to the sport will only be viewed as an epilogue to his great career but when he does leave F1 again, he will still be and always will be the driver who revolutionised the sport with previously unseen fitness levels and his unparalleled skill to garner resources around him to produce one of the most dominant and unstoppable forces ever seen in sport. Just an absolute pleasure for this sport and millions of us around the world to have witnessed.

6. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Very well put McFerrari. Couldn't agree more!

7. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

It is just tedious, petty and childish, I am heart-fully pleased that another member of the forum has noticed that hate towards any kind of driver is not tolerable.
    The fact of the matter is we still have 15 races left, and one of them is Spa, I have hope for him there.
    On another note, I have also enjoyed watching the recent vlog from Nico, where he has know changed his thoughts on the tyres, how predictable.

8. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

Can everyone now be nice to Lewis as well please?

No nasty comments about cheating, can't preserve his tyres, is a danger to others, dating dolly birds etc etc or any other unprovoked digs.

Thank you all kindly

ASC.

9. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

Why can't we enjoy the demise of a person who dragged the sport through the mud? A person whose skill with a contract and manipulation of his team were his major skill set, why shouldn't we enjoy watching him fail against a rather mediocre team mate? He has no class and no humility, and an abundance of arrogance and conceit, his words and actions after he made yet another rookie mistake into the back of Senna and caused the crash were indicative of Schumachers feelings towrds his competitors, the 'backmarker' he hit had 7 times the points and racing for position, and the hypocrisy of 'he made a move' from a bloke who forced etiquette to be written into law.

If he deserves it, he'll get it.

10. allsaintchris.

This.

11. RoadRunner

RoadRunner Well-Known Member

Did Pic serve his penalty before he retired and if not, does anyone know if it will carry on to Monaco?

12. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

good question. He had a bad race didnt he, and guess who had him in the sweeps =/

13. allsaintchris.

not sure. if not it would convert into a grid penalty i think. hardly seems worth it for them!

14. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

I have always backed Lewis as an exceptional driver in recent F1 history, Qualifying and Race performances alike. When I have ever put him down ASC?
    I find faults in him yes, there are faults in every driver. But to repeatedly drag a drivers name into the gutter, over and over, because of your personal issues.
    No.
    There is a problem in a person, if all they can do is find faults and no positives. A second agenda.

15. allsaintchris.

Manny, it is not personal against you. But if you are asking the forum to lay off your driver then it should apply to all drivers and abided by everyone. Unworkable?

16. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

I think he served it but if he hadn't I don't believe it would carry over to Monaco, no.

17. Masanari

Masanari Active Member

I sympathise with you that a driver you like a lot is doing badly but it is nothing personal against you. And I am sure people would not be criticising Schumacher over and over if he was not driving badly over and over again, it also does not help that he does not even seem interested in acknowledging his mistakes let alone showing any remorse for them.

18. genjigonzales

genjigonzales Active Member

The problem with Schumacher is that he's been around so long and achieved so much that almost anything that happens now can be compared to something he did, or caused, or was good at or bad at.

I can understand Manny's objection on one level, when Schumacher's misdeeds are brought up for almost no reason in a thread and, to be fair, I don't think Manny objects (or often objects) when the discussion is provoked by or is about Schumacher. It's not personal, though, and no one needs to react to criticisms of a driver. Take offence when somebody insults you but criticising a driver is aimed at the driver, not at you, no matter how ardently you admire him. It seems to me that some people identify too personally with their idols and seek to quash any reference to their past in present discussions.

I can also understand Manny's exasperation when these criticisms get trotted out sometimes without any relevance to the discussion, especially since he's tried many different ways to improve respect for Schumacher, including a number of positive and inspiring threads (don't do that again, Manny :)) but a forum is for sharing opinions; changing opinions is rare and unusual and it's best to skip over posts you don't like if they're not directly addressing you.

If this is the case then, Manny, it's not your problem. Rise above it.

19. Delete Me

Delete Me Well-Known Member

The only advice I can give to you Manny is that it will be impossible to shut up every doubter around. Both Lewis, Schumacher and Seb had their rough race weekends in Spain, 1 proved people wrong that he can overtake like the rest of them, the other proved the other people he can conserve tyres like the best of them the other is struggling a bit, so what! I just dont see how either of these three can "prove" anymore what they have already done in the past and present.

Unless Lewis 0 stops and wins the GP people will keep bringing up situations of tyre conservation which is impossible, same with Seb, the bar is set that he has to start at the back, overtake everybody, get penalised and then do it over again in just 1 GP. Schumacher has been required by doubters to go out and win another 5 world championships with Mercedes to "prove" his talent, yet ignoring what happend in the past and what he achieved.

All situations are pretty much impossible and I have more chance winning the euromillions 10 times, then all of that happening I mentioned above.

Bitches are gona bitch, Lewis can conserve, Vettel can race and Schumacher can win, **** the doubters that set bar too high, lets see them do it then if they think they're so **** hot!

20. allsaintchris.

There will always be doubters. Some will hang on to things that happened in the past and refuse to accept that those impressions/views should change.

As you say, lots said Seb couldn't overtake, following incidents up to the end of the 2010 season, yet he has shown now that he is perfectly capable of overtaking.

Lewis could never preserve his tyres, or so some said, and yet he is now on a par with Button, who lots think is the tyre master, and Lewis is now making his tyres last longer.

Views do change and what happened in the past should be forgotten where it is clear that views people had from back then are no longer justified.

Schumacher has proved that he can still hack it at the front when on a level playing fie.......................... hmm.