1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Formation for villa/tottenham

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by speedy, Feb 2, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TomTom94

TomTom94 Well-Known Member

Best has played well with Ba all season, it's only when he's been playing with Shola that people have started complaining.

If we chuck Cisse in immediately, what message does that send to the rest of the team? What does it say to him?
    So no, I am not an advocate of giving Cisse an immediate start. He should have to displace Best first.

2. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Play both. Its what we bought Cisse for and Shola/Best had their chance to impress over the last few weeks and blew it with sub standard performances. I like Best but he has not been at his best since he got injured. Shola has been terrible for years and should not even be at the club.

Get them in, the longer they play together the better they'll get. We can only gain by playing them give we've been handicapping ourselves for weeks with Shola.

3. Theoski09

Theoski09 Member

Based on the last few games:

-------Krul---------
    Simp-Will-Colo-Sant
    HBA-Ray-Guth-Jona
    ----Ba---Cisse-----

Bring Obertan on as an impact sub in the 2nd half. Along with Best, if he is fit....

4. expat_mag

expat_mag Member

I'm really worried about the high line we've been playing... Villa can counter-attack pretty well. I just hope that Pardew saw what we saw during the Blackburn game and gets it sorted out. Pretty worried about losing this one if we stick with it...

As for the formation. I would love to see a nice 4-4-2 with the Demba's up front.

5. nufc1991

nufc1991 Member

Here's a little extract from Pardew interview today:

Having the two come back has buoyed everybody. There was a different feeling around the training ground this morning.

“It’s not impossible that they could be on the bench, as they’ve had a long journey, but I haven’t decided yet.

“But when you get two really good players back, it gives you belief as a player.”

Surely he is playing games here? I can understand Cisse on the bench, but not starting Demba would be a terrible move considering how lacklustre we have looked in front of goal recently. he's only winding us up isn't he?

6. Eat Sleep Watch F1 Repeat

Perhaps he gave a cheeky wink after. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.