1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forest v Blades (Oli McBurnie & Billy Sharp)

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Taffvalerowdy, May 18, 2022.

1. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

2. Taffvalerowdy

3. Taffvalerowdy

4. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

5. Taffvalerowdy

6. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Why are we seeing so much of this at the moment ?

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  7. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

Because it's being allowed to happen and idiots take that as a green light. Morons are incapable of controlling their own behaviour so it should be controlled for them. Unless this is clamped down on then it may become a common occurrence.

8. LIBERTARIAN

LIBERTARIAN Well-Known Member

Well, when the " idiots " and " morons ", both elected and unelected, who run the country, behave the way they do, it's a bit rich to condemn high jinks on a football pitch.
    I don't condone the behaviour, but I can see where it comes from.

The man who attacked Sharp has been promptly dealt with, but compare what has happened to him with what happened to Dianne Abbott's son, who attacked NHS staff and two police officers, including biting one.
    Initially, nothing happened. No reporting of the incidents. Nothing on ANY media outlet. No police action.
    Abbott clearly brought her position and influence to bear, and the incidents would have gone unheralded, except that someone found out about it, and tweeted accordingly. The s..t hit the fan, and we all knew about it. Disgraceful behaviour by those who tried to cover it up.

The recent incidents don't surprise me. What does surprise me is that there aren't more of them.

We get the world we deserve.

daimungeezer and Taffvalerowdy like this.
  9. daimungeezer

daimungeezer Well-Known Member

The Abbot's son situation is, unfortunately, indicative of the decline in moral standards in general. When the people "at the top" blatantly follow whatever their greed dictates then you know society is nosediving. Not even an attempt at a facade of decency.

However, I would not trivialise "high jinks on a football pitch" either. "I can see" why a man might marry his donkey but it's still not acceptable. They're all furry and soft and a fella could get perty lonely after dark <laugh> Everyone must take responsibility for their own actions, irrespective of a mob situation.

Sadly, to have the motivation needed to become a leader, to be in a position to influence for good, requires a personal greed. Usually this is financial or for power or ego, very rarely to tackle injustice (these days especially). If the general populace are looking at these clowns and can no longer see any flaws or even be arsed to object to their actions then that's a problem. I'm not absolving anyone on grounds of stupidity or for acting badly because their leaders do.

Indeed. I think Humanity peaked sometime in the last century. It was definitely before "smart" phones. Although social media could just be highlighting the fact the human race is de-evolving, rather than actually being a factor.