1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Forest Green now managerless.

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by GreatWesternGas, May 11, 2022.

1. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

Apparently today, after much media speculation, FGR's manager lRob Edwards left the club and joined Watford as manager. It appears that the negotiations between Mr Edwards and Watford were carried out in secret, without FGR's knowledge, which is indicative of how underhand and sneaky certain aspects of football can be. FGR have been quite dignified and magnaminous in their public statement, which is credit to them. Personally I have never been a fan of FGR or their owner, but I do think they didn't deserve to be disrespected by either Watford or Rob Edwards like they have been, and just shows how the moneybags teams view us lesser mortals further down the pyramid!

Last edited: May 11, 2022
    Bluebaldee likes this.
  2. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

When FGR are doing well and Watford have lost more than they have won in the first 12 / 14 games, the supporters can cheer when he becomes the latest manager casualty at Watford and is looking for employment

3. GreatWesternGas

GreatWesternGas Well-Known Member

You're probably right but I don't suppose he will give a toss with the payoff he'll get. Seems to me he's gone for the big bucks and will end up winning whatever happens or however long he lasts there. Part of me can understand it if the opportunity comes knocking, although he must have been on a fairly decent screw at FGR, but I guess you can always put profit before doing the right thing at times.

4. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I wonder how the released players feel, they might have had a chance of a new contract with a different manager, or are they players he wants to sign on a free for Watford

5. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git

Clubs change managers all the time but the way Edwards and Watford have conducted themselves is underhand.

I believe that Edwards will regret this move for two reasons - the Pozzo family which owns Watford change managers more often than they change their underwear and FGR is a club on the up and I don’t think Watford is.

I have a soft spot for FGR as I live 10 mins drive from the ground, one of my sons is a fan and I have a lot of empathy for what Dale Vince is trying to do.

I’m sure they’ll be fine in L1 with a new manager (except when we play them!).

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  6. RedorDead

RedorDead Well-Known Member

7. Bluebaldee

Bluebaldee Total Git