1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Foreign Tycoon investment ?

Discussion in 'Norwich City' started by DUNCAN DONUTS, May 27, 2022.

1. DUNCAN DONUTS

DUNCAN DONUTS SOCIAL JUSTICE WARRIOR

Last edited: May 27, 2022
  2. SuffolkCanary

SuffolkCanary Well-Known Member

3. Rowdy

Rowdy Active Member

Any investment would be decent. Might allow us to spend a little more if we go up. Not silly money, but more than we did, on (hopefully) higher quality. We could have got more bang for our buck last season but the recruitment was trash. We needed more strength in depth as we ended up with 3/4 kids on the bench :/

Canary Rob likes this.
  4. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

An "ITK" writes...

"Ok. It’s all true obviously.
    They were at the Spurs game.
    It’s all really delicate stage.
    This news shouldn’t have got out.

Local journos are spot on apart from one major point and both my sources are adamant.

It’s not investment, it’s a takeover."

"Bonus ball. Lotus should be signing on for two more years shirt sponsorship."

5. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

Interesting. If we did get some money I wonder how we should spend it. The American's always want to make money out of their investments so I imagine Carrow Road would be rebranded as advertising for them. 2 decent CMs and someone to feed Pukki and that would be what we need on the pitch.

Rowdy likes this.
  6. carrowcanario

carrowcanario Well-Known Member

Doesn't make sense. If you don't want the news to get out, you don't go to the game.

7. SuffolkCanary

Sounds like speculation, no one really wants the news about a deal to come out before the deal has concluded, so that’s a fairly obvious thing to say.
    I would imagine a them coming in as majority shareholders with Delia retaining minority shareholding for a couple of years to help guide the new investors.

Canary Rob likes this.
  8. SuffolkCanary

I’m shamelessly stealing this from someone on Twitter but they could be on to something.

17th June
    3 weeks away
    NCFC’s 120th Birthday
    New club crest becomes officially in use

Start of a new era of ownership?

9. Rowdy

Rowdy Active Member

By all accounts Brewer's fans like him, but suggest he wont be spending silly money. They say he is all about getting good people in to run the club, which is exciting in itself. One suggested that of 30+ owners, there are only a handful they would rather have and that they have been doing well with him as owner.

I dont think any of us expects someone to come in and spend hundreds of millions, but if we can raise the wage bill and improve recruitment we will be going in the right direction.

zogean_king likes this.
  10. DUNCAN DONUTS

I would consider selling to a consortium headed by a Jewish Millionaire New York Sports ball franchise owner .
    As selling our soul , I doubt that Delia takes a penny from the club to enrich herself.

A foreign Franchise will be looking at Norwich city FC and their assets as an investment to make money from .

Perhaps if we were in the Premier League and promises were made to throw a few hundred million on players but in the FFP governed Championship that isn't possible.

Br careful what you wish for

11. Rowdy

Rowdy Active Member

It would still be possible for us to sign better quality than we have previously and expand our scouting network to find Emi style bargains. No-one is wishing to sell our soul. Everyone wants us to be able to show ambition without risking financial oblivion. That is where we are atm. We have to sell our best players because we cant affort to up the wage bill. With investment, we might be able to compete at least a little more and keep/attract better players.

SuffolkCanary likes this.
  12. DUNCAN DONUTS

It's obvious that more money thrown at the club would be good .

An Arab Sheikh that treats the club as a status symbol toy like the Man City owners , they don't care how much money they waste .
    Even if they win every trophy going every season they will still haemorrhage money.

The guy sniffing around us is more like the Manchester United Glazer family.

They have other sports franchises and don't care about Manchester United other than money .

The Glazers even bought the club with loans they secured by putting Old Trafford as collateral.

Attannasio isn't a Norwich fan he doesn't give a **** about our club he and his associates see the Premier league as a cash cow and they can get even richer if they tap into it .

Much like the Pozo family that own Watford as one of their sports franchises, selling players and enriching themselves is the entire point behind the project.

13. zogean_king

zogean_king Well-Known Member

I think they will buy a stake in the club in exchange for some dosh and a hefty sponsorship of the stadium.... there is my prediction (if anything happens)

14. RiverEndRick

RiverEndRick Well-Known Member

Responded to this on the PL Season thread:

This is a positive development to my mind. More investment improves our incremental development club plan. We're not yet Fulham spending big money to carry on being a yo-yo club, so we need to follow the moneyball model to find key players like Pukki and Buendia instead of spraying money around like we did last summer. It's time to stop trying to become the next ManCity and develop a strategy to find a successful structure for both the Championship and the PL. Evolution not revolution, IMO.

Attannasio isn't much like the Glazers in that he and his family have been very hands on with the Milwaukee Brewers. That is hopefully why they might be interested in City and it's family style orientation.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
  15. wi-exile

wi-exile Active Member

I’ve already got the T-shirt, can’t wait for the Pukki bobble head.
    upload_2022-5-28_8-43-10.jpeg

zogean_king likes this.
  16. DUNCAN DONUTS

Not sure how "hands on" Mr Attanasio would be as he already has a baseball team and part owns an Ice hockey team too the Admirals .

I can't see him wanting to throw money at Norwich city without making money from us .

At least Delia isn't siphoning money out of the club as a businesswoman, these guys would .

17. wi-exile

wi-exile Active Member

I never thought I’d see NCFC mentioned on the local Milwaukee news show, with a picture of Delia.

RiverEndRick likes this.
  18. Golden Eadie 2

Golden Eadie 2 Well-Known Member

What a ludicrous statement to make. Do you know his background? Have you had dealings with him? Do you know of his possible business plan for the club? Do you know what his possible parameters are? You are just fishing for a response hoping for touches on the like button from like minded morons. Yes DD, I just called you a moron.
    Edit:- I have, over the years, been a fairly moderate voice on this site, but I do have a mind of my own and am able to use it to reply to posts I find less than tolerabe. Sorry for any offense DD.

Last edited: May 28, 2022
    zogean_king and SuffolkCanary like this.
  19. DUNCAN DONUTS

Gosh

kenneth-williams-comedy.gif

20. Rowdy

Rowdy Active Member

If money is going to be siphoned out of the club, first we would need to be worth something. Surely he would have to speculate to accumulate? He would need to give Delia et al some promises before she would sell up or accept investment. There is very little money in being a Championship team.

CanaryChris likes this.