1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

For sale. Part 47

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Somebodys pinched my sombrero, Dec 3, 2018.

1. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

Says The Sun .................... so it must be true.

Captainchaos. likes this.
  2. Captainchaos.

Captainchaos. Well-Known Member

My point is were doing well and could end up wasting money and getting worse. You need mega millions to do better than mid table

3. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

We really are not 'doing well' .................. we are scrapping by because we have an above average manager that is getting a tune out of a squad that has seen under investment year on year. If Ashley stays then Rafa goes and if you think that his replacement will have us 'doing well' you are bonkers ..................... Steve Bruce will not get a mid table finish with our squad, especially since it will be minus the current loan signings .............. plus whoever we sell at the end of the season so that Ashley can squirrel a bit more cash away.

In fact having reviewed your posts again i am going to presume trolling is your motivation.

4. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Exactly this.

Ashley has shown on numerous occassions that Is only ambition for the club is staying in the Premier League and reaping the financial dividends that come from that. He is not going to invest in improving the club (facilities, commercial, academies etc). He will only put money into the playing staff to keep us in the division and no more.

Where does that leave us? Sure we get to watch PL football but we are never going to win anything.

It was actually more dissappointing to see us not try to push on after a great finish to last year than getting relegated previously. That feeling is what we have to look forward to every year until we get new owners.

And yes they might be worse than him but at least it creates an element of uncertainty and excitement that we don’t have at the moment.

5. JakartaToon

JakartaToon Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I don't think he is trolling - I think its just the reduction in expectation that comes from having Ashley as an owner. We have become used to being in a relegation scrap so anything outside those places is considered doing well.

We are being outperformed by Brighton, Bournemouth and Watford. It says a lot about how far we have slipped since Ashley took over.

And okay we were in a bit of a mess then and the first relegation was probably inevitable but since then its all been a result of a lack of ambition by the owner that has started rubbing off on the fans.

Oh hold it - it was Chaos - he is trolling.

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
    Captainchaos. and Judge Death like this.
  6. Prince Isak (GG)

Prince Isak (GG) Well-Known Member

Winning something is not really something we are used too. I watch football to be entertained. The football we play is about getting results and thats crap.

7. cronemeister

cronemeister Well-Known Member

I just hope to god that Bruce and Hughes are installed somewhere long before the season is out. The thought of any of those ****ers taking over fills me with absolute dread! As long as that fat waste of ****ing air is in charge we are not an attractive proposition to anyone with an inkling of ambition. Only a journeyman with absolutely nothing to lose or prove would take this job.

JakartaToon likes this.
  8. Captainchaos.

That is your opinion

My opinion whether you agree or not doesn't make me a troll!

Look at clubs like Leeds

We finished 10th last season and were making money , so he's doing well.

West ham have spent a fortune they sent far ahead of us .

If he was to stay and give rafa some money that would suffice.

These people arnt rich enough to do better

On another note .... which other posts ??

Last edited: Dec 16, 2018
  9. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member

I'd not be bothered about Ashley staying if he:

1) Allowed the club to make as much as it should commercially from sponsorship
    2) Employed some competence at board room level to maximise that revenue, and who were then allowed control over payments for transfers so we had the same flexibility in buying as we do in selling
    3) Allowed and perhaps even paid out of his own significantly deep pockets for training/youth facilities.

None of the above will happen under Ashley, so relegation is always very probable/round the corner. Similarly, Rafa will not stay under Ashley's regime, so things will get significantly worse if Ashley stays.

10. daztoc

daztoc Well-Known Member

That is your opinion - Indeed it is.

My opinion whether you agree or not doesn't make me a troll! - No but to suddenly have an about face and go from everything being **** to Ashely is doing a great job suggests otherwise. But if you genuinely believe that Mike Ashley is doing a great job running this football club, then please accept my apologies!!

Look at clubs like Leeds - Leeds were ****ed financially long before they were taken over. Completely different set of circumstances and not relevant in any way.

We finished 10th last season and were making money , so he's doing well. - Ashley is making money and taking it out of the club, so yes, HE is doing very well. Meanwhile the training ground, stadium etc etc continues to crumble. And last seasons 10 spot finish was not down to Mike Ashley long term planning and vision for the club ................... it was down primarily to the manager, who will not be with us next season if Ashley remains the owner. Like i said, lets see if Steve Bruce can get that finish next season with this squad.

West ham have spent a fortune they sent far ahead of us - So we should spend **** all because most clubs have outspent us but some are lower than us in the league?

If he was to stay and give rafa some money that would suffice. - Why would Ashley suddenly give Rafa money now when history quite clearly demonstrates that he will not do that? For those that have not noticed, Mike Ashley does not give a flying **** about NUFC. He is a cancer that has repeatedly shamed our club and milked it for every last penny that he can ................. but yeah, he's doing a cracking job.

These people arn't rich enough to do better - How do you know that? Because the Chronical and The Sun said so? The fact is we really do not know for absolute certain who is in for the club and what financial backing they may or may not have.

On another note .... which other posts ?? - Most of them. You have spent the last few month, nay years telling us all how ****e it is and now suddenly Ashley is doing a great job.

I don't generally 'do' internet arguing ............... it is pointless and petty, so we will just have to agree to disagree fella and leave it at that.

11. Captainchaos.

I get that but I fear some fans are going to expect too much from a takeover. It's possible we could spent money and still get relegated.

In my opinion yo compete for top 8 we'd have to spend hundreds of millions on a constant basis to get back there ..

It is possible we could spend a few quid and have a few good seasons, but ultimately without consistent investment in all areas including wages we'd be doing well to better 10th place.

12. Captainchaos.

I get that but I fear some fans are going to expect too much from a takeover. It's possible we could spent money and still get relegated.

In my opinion yo compete for top 8 we'd have to spend hundreds of millions on a constant basis to get back there ..

It is possible we could spend a few quid and have a few good seasons, but ultimately without consistent investment in all areas including wages we'd be doing well to better 10th place.

Warmir Pouchov likes this.
  13. Captainchaos.

Lol I'm not colour blind mate .

I think you need a cup of horlicks and a little lie down .

Who was arguing ? You jumped started being insulting because I said I think Ashley doing well .. look how well we are doing compared with others that spend more ? That's my point. If we spend money we might still get relegated QPR springs to mind . Right now I'd be more happy if he bought us a striker an attacking midfielder and a Proper player in the middle and a left back that's all we need to compete. God knows what a new buyer will do....

JakartaToon likes this.
  14. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Active Member

I wonder if that fat c*nt Ashley will try and make it part of any sale agreement that he can keep his grotty eyesore SD logo all over the stadium?

JakartaToon and Dorty Dogbreath like this.
  15. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

Almost certain he will.
    He wants SD back so wants his billboards.

16. Captainchaos.

It will be up because it's not being sold ...

17. Gordonthetoony

Gordonthetoony Well-Known Member

The fat one is hoping to get Debenhams on the cheap offering a loan but then will attempt to buy all their assests at knock down price. I think he is also trying to get SD back into his own private company, not listed then on Stock Exchange. God help us.

Sheikh_of_Araby likes this.
  18. Albert's Chip Shop

Albert's Chip Shop Top Grafter
    Forum Moderator

19. Captainchaos.

20. Lord Jonjomort

Lord Jonjomort Well-Known Member