1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

For Fox sake - Lovell -It's YOUR fault.

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by alwaysright, Feb 10, 2019.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Lovell has blamed the fans ( more than once ), when the team has lost this season.
    Lovell has blamed the players ( more than once ), when the team have lost this season.
    Has Lovell blamed himself (even once ), when the team has lost this season.
    Has Lovell ( many more than just once ), only just stood on the touchline - not (apparently) doing any coaching ( unless it was by telepathy ).

I understand what Lovell is saying - when he blames the players for not sticking to 'the Plan'..... BUT - his job is to 'manage' the team - to be Head coach.
    Lovell needs to convey his displeasure to the players, if they consistently 'do their own thing.' He needs to be barking his orders etc etc - not standing, dumb-struck, with arms folded or in pockets.

..... and - by the way Mr.Lovell - by now absolving yourself of any responsibility - by saying it is the fault of the players- would you care to explain why you have claimed that defeats have been the fault of the fans - as I have previously stated - we too are not allowed on the pitch.------- DO YOUR job ( if you have a clue - which - with not including players like Oldaker, is debatable ).

Mr.Lovell - your tactics are producing dreadful football - with inevitable defeats - prior to inevitable relegation. It is driving away more fans each week - soon you will have only the stray fox to blame. ( that'll be a new one - even for you )

2. brb

brb CR250

What's funny is we have all these young swift players now in the team, yet the fastest moving player on the pitch, was the oldest boy of all, young Barry Fuller.

3. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

I believe he did blame himself around the time he sent some players home but only the once. Recently Mr Lovell did a phone in with Radio Kent and it was raised to him was a sports psychologist required to get their heads right. He swerved the question and stated if we keep doing the same good things in training then the results will come.

Now I'm no expert but isn't the definition of insanity constantly doing the same thing over and over again but expecting different results? I certainly don't want to see Mr Lovell go but questions now do need to be made about his decision making recently and also with our current league position it's not healthy.

Last edited: Feb 12, 2019
    alwaysright likes this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

His team.
    His training.
    His tactics.

Sorry SL but it's time you did take responsibility.

alwaysright likes this.