1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Football earatage

Discussion in 'Manchester United' started by SIR_KENNY_KLOPP_KING, Mar 16, 2018.

1. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

I'm just trying to cut him a tiny little bit of slack!!

gav81 likes this.
  2. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

But the absolute truth is that van Gaal set us back a decade.

3. gav81

gav81 Active Member

<laugh>

How? I think signings like Rojo, Shaw, Blind, Bastion, Depay, Martial were not that bad. Not to mention blooding Rashford in the first team. Finished level on points with City. It was a good enough platform to add £300 million to.

4. Chief

Chief Northern Simpleton
    Forum Moderator

That's ignoring all the complete failures though.

There's only really Martial anywhere near the first team, Blind, Rojo and Herrera are more or less no longer in the picture and Shaw had the final nail belted into his coffin at the weekend.

They all probably fall into the new manager 'not fancying them' category rather than them being actual bad signings but that's his prerogative I guess.

I'm not really excusing Mourinho, I agree completely he should be doing better, but the 'legacy' van Gaal left has taken some getting over. His football was way beyond worse than Mourinho's, by a stretch.

5. gav81

gav81 Active Member

Both awful in their own way. Van Gaal football sent me to sleep in boredom. Mourinho football has me leaving the room in frustration.

6. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

That's an odd bunch, I rate Herrera and can't believe he's been frozen out by Jose as he always looked hard working and has quality on the ball, Blind and Rojo are decent players but it seems Jose either likes you or doesn't. Martial seems to only play now and then and he tends to score when he does play.