1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FM2017

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by old timer, Oct 19, 2016.

1. old timer

old timer Well-Known Member

I assume Gassyade is enjoying FM17 so much as he is not responding to the requests on the qualities of the game

2. The Great Gashead

The Great Gashead Active Member

lol I'm here. There isn't much difference to FM2016. Game is still very buggy (as expected) to the point where you can have 3 games in 3 days!
    £25,000 transfer kitty to start (Al Quadi is there but isn't splashing the cash) You can now add extra staff members. Hamer is not a good bloke to negotiate with so don't ask to upgrade youth facilities. Advantage we have all loanees showing. Visually looks more in depth but at best it's a lick of paint with a few new parts in training. Seems to be more tactic oriented and takes a bit of time to find a few bits.

old timer likes this.
  3. old timer

Thanks Gassyade get fit soon the Mem needs your vocal chords to stand along side the faithful to increase the volume of support

4. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

The Bristol Post thought it was a good idea to run a simulator to see how both Bristol clubs would in the same league. They put City into League 1 using the editor. Well City with all their current players - including Tammy Abraham, and the millions they have available to them would OBVIOUSLY smash league 1.

City ended champions and Rovers ended bottom.

They took great delight in making an actual article about it.

I swear this rag is getting worse and worse.

Here it is if you fancy reading it amongst the many pop up adverts! http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/footba...n-league-one/story-29861857-detail/story.html

5. old timer

The evil post don't seem to like us do they

Captain Jack Sparrow likes this.
  6. old timer

Could be tempted to pay and download the editor and reduce the city stats that should naff them off when they get relegated without any effort

7. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I have always got the editor for free!

8. old timer

Lucky you CJS

9. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I didnt mean it in a way that I was showing off or anything <laugh> I have only ever known it to be free. I was just surprised when I read you will buy the editor <ok>

10. old timer

That wasn't a dig CJS
    When I go to the start of the game I have a line that says downloads so I clicked on it and found the link that was quoted in your? earlier post and it asked for payment, and as it is the 2016 game I didn't bother

11. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I know it wasnt a dig my friend <ok>

12. old timer

CJS I have down loaded the editor but where do I find it on the game

13. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

You go into the editor and edit what you want and make sure you save all the changes. Then when you load the game itself to the start page where you got the options to start new game or load saved game etc. If you got a saved game, you cant load the editor to it. You can only load the editor to a new game. Somewhere on that start page screen where you can start a new game or load saved game, you will have an option where to start a new game using the editor. Im not sure where it will be on the new game as I dont have it <ok>

14. old timer

Thanks for your help CJS I will look for that on the beginning of the game

Last edited: Nov 11, 2016
  15. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I just tried it to direct you correctly but mine is 2015 so may look different in your 2017 game.

After you have done and saved all your editing...

Click on new career game which gives you options to do a challenge or classic game or full game.
    Click on full game which will open a box which asks you what database to pick from. You can then select editor.

Hope that helps <ok>

old timer likes this.
  16. old timer

GassyAde I bumped into Steve Hamer after the Central league match on Tuesday and suggested to him that he might like to contact Siga about his lack of interest in developing the youth facilities at the club on FM2017. when he asked why I informed him that he told me to get with managing the club as I was the new manager. He queried that it was him that we dealt with and informed him that in the game all requests to the board went through him and he said the company who produced it was Siga. got the impression he wasn't pleased

The Great Gashead likes this.
  17. Gasheadseamge79

Gasheadseamge79 Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I've been using formations by this person http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/share-download-fm-17-tactics/361153-zyndars-tactic-workshop-2-3-strikers-formations.html

I've managed to finish 2nd in the Bundesliga with little Darmstadt and 3rd in La Liga with tiny little Eibar currently using the GENESIS AP tactic from this list with Parma who I've gain promotion back to Serie A with winning the Coppa Italia along the way :emoticon-0148-yes:

Since playing FM12 Ive got all my tactics/formation from the same site
    http://www.fm-base.co.uk/forum/football-manager-2017-tactics/

18. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I use the same formation all the time as it works. 442 in a diamond shape midfield. I set full backs to attack so they get forward a lot and act as a winger. I sign full backs who have pace, stamina and who can cross. Using wingers while using full backs set to attack often puts 2 wingers each side and is a waste of 2 players. So a diamond midfield allows the middle to be more packed and the full backs push forward as wingers. I sign two CB's who are tall both 6f 5in or taller and set corners to near post on both sides. The amount of goals my 2 CB's get at corners is unreal. I sign a defensive midfielder who is good at composure, passing, pace, tackling, teamwork and long shots. I keep a lot of clean sheets. I always have a right footer and left footer up fron. The right footer on the left side and the left footer on the right side. They both score goals galore. If I play 2 right or 2 left footers, only 1 scores and the other scores now and then. The attacking mid must have composure, flair, pace, finishing and teamwork so they not greedy. They get tons of assists and some goals too. My 2 CM's must have great passing, tackling and pace and I set up both to support. This set up never fails for me :)

19. old timer

CJS who have you signed ?

20. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

No one. I dont have FM2017. I use the above tactics on 2015 game and previous seasons <ok>