1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FM 2012 Demo - Back of the Net!

Discussion in 'Charlton' started by The Kish, Oct 9, 2011.

1. South_Coast_Addick

Firstly I'm not taking any Russian money (as I firmly believe that that is cheating!)

After recovering from my hangover I decided to reject Stoke as they nearly got relegated last year and have an ageing squad, I've decided to try and build a squad capable of promotion with a shoestring budget (although sell scharner gave me 150k to spend) So far I have bought in David fox (dm - norwich), Slory (wide mid from Wigan) and Kalas (young CB on loan from Chelsea - who we have an agreement with) with Hamer and a few other squad players leaving, I think I am going to have to trim the wage bill and get a couple of experienced players in for cheap if I want to achieve anything this season.

2. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

JONATHAN P ACWORTH New Member

yes why have they got more dosh than english clubs its not cheating as still having their players but nicking their cash saves you less stress and u have a bank account of say 60mil so u could get rid of all the **** like francis and doc for 20m each-surely better than 250k play with

3. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Why not take man city's money? Bit confused with the russian obsession.

4. Eastbourne Addick

Started new carear with eastbourne borough
    decided on no cheating and watch every game
    WOn BSS with a record transfer of £250
    then sold all the deadwood
    now top after 2 games in BSP to be fair they were agianst Blyth and Alfreton

5. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

How can playing the game with £60m in the bank not be cheating, if everybody else is making do with £250k? Jon, why not try playing the game properly?

6. South_Coast_Addick

Of course its cheating - it removes the challenge of managing clubs with their own limitations. If you're gonna do it you may as well just start as Man City and have all of the money that goes with it. But those who do do it will have their own opinions but you have to realize that buy giving yourself a massive financial advantage over other clubs you are taking a lot of the challenge out of the game.

7. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

i supose it is cheating a bit in way so anyway what ive done on my one is nick all russian clubs money dont forget their some big clubs out in russia with pot loads of cash u still keep all english clubs and spanish clubs its making the game easier and you can then buy all the decent players on the transfer list way i look at it what do the russians know about footy anyway so if u pinch each clubs dosh in prem in russia should end up with around 100mil imagine what u could buy for charlton with that,ive already got now 18mil bank accout in wellings one and 21m in charltons one as i said with welling sitting top with just thrashed dover 16-1 with cumbers scoring 8 a good striker is couagou the x ipswich forward whos now scored in 6 games so far with welling 12 goals banging them in so to speak so yes its definetly worth doing if want have a srtress feel game 250k is a joke to start with

8. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

its fun though seing charlton and welling top

9. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

for welling ive signed

ricketts
    schulz
    sinclair
    sinclair]
    dobie#
    boylan
    couagou
    huntley gk
    iperkin i think hes called x swan def so far getting man of match every game
    booker x bristol city right back
    i jot the others down when go on it next and do charltons as well

10. deleted.....

deleted..... Well-Known Member

but the game is about managing the club with restricted finances, who would go to a real match if Charlton started with 15 players and the opposition with 11? Nobody. That's why we support Charlton and not Chelsea, the fact that you are never sure what will happen next!

11. CAFC Room101

CAFC Room101 Member

Just starting my 4th season now, guided Charlton to a comfortable 9th place season in my first season in the premiership. Pardew meanwhile is out of work after successfully guiding stoke to the championship. Palace finished last season mid table in league 1. England have just dropped to 36th in the world rankings thanks to Cappellos successor Stuart Pearce who for some reason still hasn't been saked. And Finally charlton fans will be looking forward to seeing David Villa up front, although I am somewhat annoyed season tickets remained at 12000ish.

Also just been offered and accepted the job of manager of Egypt (bit of a curve ball) so that should be a laugh, I don't normally take take international jobs even the England one.

12. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

just put charlton top after a 2-1 win vs tranmere i find if u play wide shoot on site play out of defence and use flanks ,get stuck in and hassell oppsition this will get u results.I play a 4-42 diamond with solly in front of defence and grant from southend in front with williamson on the wing and pugh on the other flank ive also got noseworthy ,doyley and novak in the team

13. CAFC Room101

CAFC Room101 Member

Hows everyone else doing? Still got the enthusiasm SuperC after your unfortunate data error?

14. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

Lost a little bit- I was loving that game with my two man team! Still playing as spurs, trying to win the league in the first season.

I signed baines in the summer, agreed a 20mil move for tevez in october(went through in jan), then the board gave me another £24 mil as we were in a good financial situation and I was exceeding expectations- so I signed lavezzi from Napoli! I'm 3rd at the moment.. 3 points off top (citeh), level with utd in second, but arsenal are 2 points behind us with a game in hand.

That said, it all means very little compared to my CAFC game :(

15. JapanAddick

JapanAddick Member

I am now in my 10th season, having won League One at the first attempt, with a runner-up position in the JLPT. Two years later I had won the Championship, and have not looked back with 6 and a bit seasons back in the big time. I am currently top after 5 games, including a 3-1 win at Old Trafford.

In the 2020/2021 season we got to the Champions League Final, losing to Valencia on pens. I beat Barcelona 2-1 at the Valley in the group stages, with some bloke called Messi scoring for them :cheesy::cheesy::cheesy:

I havn't cheated, although I edited the game so that Powell was ass. manager when I took over so that he was still at the club when I took over. Waggy, Morrison and BWP all played the odd game in my first two prem seasons, with the only regular in my prem team from the current squad being Solly.

Quite a few regens in my squad now, including a German wizzkid Florent Backer, who has averaged 7.8(!) in his 3.5 seasons so far.

Real life players that currently play for me are Ruben Rochina, Daniel Sturridge, Josh McEachran, Luca Antonelli (Italy), Hamdan Al-Kamali (UAE) and Scott Dann.

Valley is now a 45k stadium, and things are looking good!

Will upload a screenshot or two, especially the Barcelona result as its halarious to see.

Btw I play the following formation, its the dogsballs as they say

------CF------
    -WL--AM--WR
    ----DM-PM---
    LB-CB-CB-RB

Its all about pace, determination and wingers that can finish :D

COYR!

16. JONATHAN P ACWORTH

just lost my first game after 11 matches 1-0 home to sheff united still top though welling just won vs tonbridge in cuup play dartford fa cup

17. SuperChrissyisfantasticPardswasatrocious

I use that formation, JA. Blooming' love it. Maybe different to yours but I have the wingers set to "defensive wingers". Perfectly suited to bale in my game.

To make the formation work it's important to have a defensive midfielder to have high creativity. Gago was amazing in that role in my CAFC game.

18. jeffers'ears

jeffers'ears Member

Currently in season 3 with West Ham, first season stormed the Championship losing only 3 times. Second season came 13th in prem (joint 10th with 3 other teams but worst goal difference). Coming to the end of the third season and we are 6th, regular team looks like this; Green; Naughton, Stearman, Tomkins, Bridge; Adam Johnson, Collison, Noble, Cleverley, Downing; Cole. Naughton cost 4m, Stearman cost 1.8m, Bridge was a free transfer, Johnson cost 3.5m, Cleverley cost 7m and Downing is on loan. So far turned down job offers from Osuana, Chelsea and Everton because of my highly promising youth team.

19. Whats up Doc

Whats up Doc Well-Known Member

Finished 3rd with St Mirren 1st season, Hasselbaink getting 25 goals (top scorer in league), Ipswich then bidded 800k for him which triggered his contract clause :( in Septeber now with my only striker in McShane out for 3 months. Had Metalist in the 4th Qualifying Round, lost 3-0 away and 2-0 at home, the European dream is over :(

3 games into the season, lost 6-0 away to Rangers, (early sending off and 2 own goals), won 1-0 at Hearts with an injury time winner and drew 0-0 at home to Dundee Utd with 9 men. Struggling to score goals as I'm sure you've noticed.

20. CAFC Room101

CAFC Room101 Member

Impressive JA. I also use a similar formation but generally with a DM instead of an AM although i do mix it up a bit. Sounds like when Chrissy retires with us a top premiership club there will be pleanty of us to fill his boots haha.

Finished my 4th season, 6th places. not too shabby would have been able to nick a top 4 place but for a horrible run just after january.

So 5th season so far, undefeated however not all is rosey in the premier league played 6 won 1 drawn 5. Somehow drew 1-1 with sunderland when I had 74% possession! Still pleanty of time to start winning just rather frustrating. It's also the first season where (so far) I've spent less than I've recieved as I sold of two of my first teamers for a combined £15.25M and replaced them with better players for £5M. Average age is 22 so lets see what you can win with kids, last season i got to the league and cup semi's so hoping for a final at least this season.