1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Flat Horses To Follow [2019]

Discussion in 'Horse Racing' started by Grade One, Mar 31, 2019.

1. Grade One

Grade One Well-Known Member

Does run [2.35]

Win bet at 7-4 [Bet 365]

2. Grendel

Grendel Well-Known Member

Nausha was very skinny in the end and appeared to run quite poorly but the ATR race report states that the bit went through her mouth two furlongs from home. It looked a two horse race coming in with Rainbow Heart looking the other filly to consider. A bit surprising that the winner was 20/1 and that the first two home were rated 83 and 82 by the official handicapper coming into the race. I did see someone putting Nausha up for the Oaks at 25/1 last month but I was far from sure she would get the trip. She was pushed out to 50/1 for the Oaks after her defeat.

There is a race at Sandown on Friday where Varian has a couple of fillies entered up and there are some well bred ones from big yards. No less than six of those entered are by Sea The Stars. John Gosden has one of them called Fanny Logan and she was only just touched off at Yarmouth last October, with the pair more than four lengths clear. No jockey booked for Fanny Logan but Gosden has Oisin Murphy jocked up on Sparkle Roll. The grey Kingman filly looked sluggish when beaten favourite on debut but performed much better in an impressive enough win next time. She did flash her tail that day but gave the impression that she was likely to stay 12F and she seems to have been nibbled in the Oaks betting this past few weeks. She holds an Oaks entry and with that race on the 31st May this year it's not far off really.

Grade One likes this.
  3. Grade One

Yes explains why Nausha ran so free. If money talked before the race she was the winner, so have to forgive this performance and see what happens next time.

4. Grade One

...and next time Nausha has Won the Musidora today @ 14-1:emoticon-0150-hands

Bustino74 likes this.
  5. Grade One

Getchagetchagetcha

Runs at Leicester today [3.30]

Small win bet at 6-1 [BOG]

Grendel, Bustino74 and rudebwoy like this.
  6. Grade One

Won<cheers>

rudebwoy likes this.
  7. Grendel

I got my Derby money back on Space Blues when he stepped up to Handicap company for the first time. He then moved up to Listed class and won a shade cosily by a neck at Epsom. The SP was only 6/5 that time though.

Space Blues is now officially rated 110 and that is not bad after beginning the season with a RPR of 90. The trouble now is both that high Handicap mark and the fact that he seems a 7F horse. Those factors will make life awkward for him. I just wonder if he may try a mile again? It would offer more options but he has looked a short runner so far.

Grade One likes this.
  8. MCK1

MCK1 Active Member

Grendel, would the Jersey stakes next week not be the natural next step for your Space Blues?

Grendel likes this.
  9. Grade One

Big price again for her in the big French race today (3.05)

Small each way at 16-1

10. Grade One

Unplaced

11. Grade One

Getchagetchagetcha runs in the Group 3 on Thursday,and if the forecast rain comes the current 33-1 looks big each way

12. Grendel

Sorry, just seen this reply.

Yes, the Jersey is a good stepping stone. I am a little wary as to whether he needs to improve another 5 lbs or so for that race though, so I didn't play at the opening 7/2, particularly with rain a possible factor making stamina a question mark. Longer term I wouldn't be sure which targets await but a Jersey win in testing ground could give encouragement for a tilt at mile races.

13. Grendel

Space Blues should have won the Jersey I feel. He was held up and then had a job getting a clear run, as he was closing he was again denied a clear passage. Once he did get out I thought he would get there but he was pipped a head by a 25/1 Fahey runner who had been more miss than hit so far. Not sure where next for Space Blues but he beat Urban Icon by further than he had at Epsom and I think he would have won the Jersey with a clear run.

14. Grade One

Not disgraced at Royal Ascot and he gets his favoured soft ground tomorrow at Goodwood [3.40]

Each Way chance at least, and currently 14-1

15. Grade One

Only 4th, but promised much better as one of the last horses off the bridle. But started hanging and race was over

16. Grade One

First time cheekpieces at Leicester tomorrow [3.25]

Win bet at 10-3 [Bet 365]