1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fixtures 2019/20

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Jun 19, 2019.

1. brb

brb CR250

By this time tomorrow we will know the fixtures for next season;

Any preferences on who you fancy and when?

Be nice to start off at home, wouldn't mind an early season home game against Ipswich. Always nice to catch some of the big boys early as they are still adapting to the lower league, generally works in our favour.

If we get any early batterings, generally it's a sign of who will be up there come end of season, I only have to give Wolves as an example of that, even Leyton Orient until things went pear shape financially.

Sunderland will have adapted and will need to be avoided like the plague. Really don't fancy taking an early battering to destroy the moral of the new team.

Looking through the teams, I feel the league this season will be easier than last.

Away grounds, I wouldn't mind a trip to Lincoln City, don't think I've done them before (or I've forgotten!). So will need to avoid a Tuesday night fixture....yeah you know, it's nailed on now!

Anyway, over to you lads, yeas and nays...

2. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Asl as the away games I want to do are on Saturdays then I never really mind when we play people lol. Fixtures aren't that big of a thing for me particularly.

3. brb

brb CR250

State of that wording mate, you've been hanging around me too long <laugh>

4. The Gills PegLeg

I clearly hit the sauce earlier than usual <doh>

5. brb

brb CR250

I did think that was the case, but I didn't want to appear rude in saying so <laugh>

The Gills PegLeg likes this.
  6. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Well - the fixtures seem to have fallen fairly conveniently with the rest of my commitments during the season - with quite a few coinciding when I am due in Medway, visiting family ( thus saving on duplicating a 100 mile trip ).

I might be grateful for some savings on my fuel bill -- I have been looking at some of the ticket prices for away games - especially at Ipswich and Sunderland. The Sunderland tickets are reasonable at £ 20 for adults & £7.50 for under 16s.
    I sincerely hope that the Ipswich prices, on their Official site, have yet to reflect that they are now in League 1. They currently quote £30 for adults , and £8 for under 19s -- although in the Lower tier these prices are £25 & £8 respectively.

The Ipswich prices for Home fans are shown as high as £58...... Even if these were for last season, in the Championship, they seem a bit steep. Could Gills fans be expected to pay a huge hike in ticket prices if we get promotion ?................. we did -- the prices went up 33% overnight when were in the Championship. It makes you understand why people would rather pay ( a lot less ) for Sky & BT , for a whole month of ALL sport. ( my 2 year deal for ALL Sky sports channels is only £17 a month )

brb likes this.
  7. brb

brb CR250

I don't think the opening fixtures have been very kind to us but as grumpygit would remind me we have to play everyone twice.

Couldn't really get much tougher than Doncaster away on the opening game, then in the EFL Newport County who will be up for the shock. Tough start for Steve Evans and will be a real test.

8. The Gills PegLeg

Newport will see the return of Michael Flynn to Priestfield who I always enjoyed watching for us. Also would hope that the two clubs could do something in memory of Justin Edinburgh as having managed both clubs, it would be a nice touch.

brb likes this.