1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fixture List

Discussion in 'Bristol Rovers' started by Captain Jack Sparrow, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Here are our fixtures for the 2019/20 season. What do you guys think? I am a bit pissed off to be honest. Away first game of the season. Away last game of the season. And away on New Years Day. That's kind of the EFL isn't it <grr>

please log in to view this image

2. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

And the Gills away to finish things off at 12.00 noon................Nice !!

3. Gastronomic

Gastronomic Well-Known Member

August and September don't look too bad. When was the last time we won an opener?

4. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Darlington at Feethams wasn't it ? or at least that's as long ago as it feels !

Gastronomic likes this.
  5. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I am still in shock that we don't face the Posh until nearly xmas <yikes>

6. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

I doubt we will win this time as well. Blackpool have sorted their off the field matters and have sold a hell of a lot of season tickets. Meaning they will have some funds to spend to strengthen their squad. They signed 1 of our targets too Ryan Edwards. It's a tough opener.

7. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Just been flipping through the BEP's back pages and this will be the fourth opening game of the season on the trot played away from home after losing the previous three ! In fact the last success story on the road for the first encounter was at Kingstonian in 2011.

8. Captain Jack Sparrow

Forum Moderator

Blame the balloon fiesta for the start of the season always being away games for us.
    The balloon fiesta now always pick the weekend of game week 2 of the football season.
    City cannot play at home when the balloon fiesta is on. So game week 2 City will be away and Rovers have to play at home that weekend.
    So if Rovers are at home game week 2 because of the balloon fiesta, that means Rovers will be away on game week 1 and City get to start the season at home.
    Its like the balloon fiesta does it on purpose. But usually we finish the season at home to make up for it. But this season we end it away from home too. Not really fair.

9. Delsy

Delsy Active Member

Going back a few seasons now we played Northampton Town as our first home game on the same weekend as the Balloon fiesta losing one nil to the 'Tool's' bullet header and having a liking for a few sherberts after the game I caught the 10.30 bus home from Bristol City Centre. I arrived home at 01.15am on the Sunday morning after sitting on a packed and stinking bus for three hours all due to the inadequacies and incompetence of the Fiestas organising team with regards to their on site parking and general exit procedures. I said after that experience that I would never again go to a Rovers home game on Balloon Fiesta weekend and I wont, so it is going to be the newly promoted Trannies for my first game this coming season.