1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

First season in the Championship

Discussion in 'Blackburn Rovers' started by happyal, May 31, 2012.

1. happyal

happyal Active Member

OK, we are now in the Championship, what does everyone think is a realistic aim for Blackburn next season?

The way that I see it, Kean will still be manager, he seems to have fallen out with most of our first team squad, or else they will not consider playing in the championship. Our squad will be significantly weakened. Venky’s don’t seem to want to invest much into the squad, so there will be minimal chance for us to bring in proven players.

Now will all this in mind, I would consider mid table to be a successful season for us next year. I don’t think there is any chance wee will bounce straight back up to the Premiership, if anything we are more likely to slip out of the championship. I would be happy without any dramas, and a nice safe mid table finish.

What does everyone else think? Were do you think Blackburn will fit into the Championship?

2. Bzzz

Bzzz Active Member

aim for 6th, doubt the venkys will invest

3. happyal

happyal Active Member

Yes, 6th would be very nice. At this stadge if you offered me 6th right now, I'd bite your hand off.

But with the news that's coming out of Ewood doesn't sound great. I honestly think we'll struggle next season and mid table would be a good result.

4. Murdoc

Murdoc Well-Known Member

From an honest opinion, the news coming out which rumours a lot of players not wanting to play for Kean, depending on the players you sign, you'll struggle to be a main force this Season.

5. SuffolkRoyal

SuffolkRoyal Member

The Championship is a very tough division, particularly for relegated teams. Not many bounce straight back.

Given Rovers current predicament, their owners and their manager, I can't see them going up at the first attempt. Mid table would be a realistic aim.

6. roscafre

roscafre Active Member

As a Fulham fan,and like most others around me,we are gutted to have lost Danny Murphy,
    apart from being a great player and inspiration,we was hoping he would go on to our management squad.
    I think you have aquired a great gem.
    In 9 months time we will both know how its panned out for our two clubs.

7. happyal

happyal Active Member

Hi Roscafre, Thanks, it's certainly the only bit of good news we Blackburn fans have had for a while.

Hope it works out for both of use next season.

8. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

i put a fiver on you to win the league everyone thinks im mad. Shame about best

9. happyal

happyal Active Member

I think you're mad, we haven't got any defence at the moment.

10. BushBaby

BushBaby Active Member

Just signed Etuhu sounds like your building a good team, you still have dann even tho he was **** last season....

11. yanto1927

yanto1927 Member

Relegation ....AGAIN...PMSL !!!!<party>