1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

First post

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by SaintStu, Apr 5, 2011.

1. SaintStu

SaintStu Well-Known Member

Just saying hi.
    As I live in deepest darkest Somerset now I don't go to many games, but I have been to the last three matches played against Exeter including that great boxing day game where the stadium was filled to the rafters.
    COYS

2. KingslandSFC

KingslandSFC Active Member

Welcome to not606 - SaintStu

Like your pic!

Make sure you let your friends know about NOT606!

Any problems me and Beddytare are Mod's for the Saints Board ... just drop us a private message. Happy to help!

3. Beddy

Beddy Plays the percentage

Well congratulations SaintStu....... Welcome to the site ......glad to have you. We look forward to your contributions to the site.... If either Kingsland or myself can be of any help at any time just give us a Pm and we will do what we can.... Remember do tell your friends about the site it doesn't matter who they support just tell them to give us a try....<ok>

4. ChilcoSaint

ChilcoSaint What a disgrace
    Forum Moderator

Welcome from another Somerset Saint Stu!

5. SFC4BAG

SFC4BAG Well-Known Member

Welcom SS. The more the merrier. Just in time for the end of season festivities.

6. bristolsaint

bristolsaint Member

Hi from another Somerset Saint. I'm in Portishead now but the moniker's stuck.

Whereabouts are you?

I can only get to a few games too. A 250 mile round trip to a home game with petrol at £1.35 a litre is prohibitive.

7. fran-MLs little camera

fran-MLs little camera Well-Known Member

Somerset's only about an inch away on my map! Why not get in touch with others locally, pick a good match and share expenses. I'm sure you'd have a great time (providing we win!).

8. Schrodinger's Cat

Schrodinger's Cat Well-Known Member

Hi all you Somerset Saints out there - I grew up about 3 miles from you Chilco, in Holcombe but been in Wiltshire about 11 years now.

9. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

Hey there Optimistic! I hope you don't get too much grief from all the Swindon fans in Devizes, at least they're keeping quiet on the boards this season...

10. Schrodinger's Cat

I work in Swindon, half my colleagues are ST holders, so no I don't get much grief from them now, funnily enough. They've been pretty noisy up till recently, but the bacon rolls are on them now

<party>

(any excuse to use the party icon)

11. ChilcoSaint

Forum Moderator

2-0 at the whistle, sounded pretty comfortable, just hope Dale Stephens is OK.

Party on!

<party><party>

12. SaintStu

Thanks for the warm welcome.
    I live just outside Taunton, close to the Devon border, but work in Exeter.
    I suppose there is little excuse not to go to the away games at Exeter,Bristol and Yeovil but hopefully we won't be going there much longer.

13. Beddy

Trouble is it will give you even further to travel. Still when we do get promoted at as guess you will be closer to the midland clubs.....or will it be the same distance as us (coventry 150miles WBA 142 N Forest 161) etc

14. North Hants Saint

North Hants Saint Active Member

You live in Somerset and you're Sig is : 'St.Mary's Born and Bred' ...shouldn't it be Born and INBRED for your neck of the woods? <laugh>

Sorry couldn't resist.

15. Schrodinger's Cat

Very good SL. :emoticon-0100-smile

Somerset blood is quality stuff though - I was shipped into Wiltshire to improve the breed as it was getting a tad.....friendly in places and needed something from the deep end of the genepool.

I've heard that Hampshire has similar problems so I may have to keep moving south :emoticon-0105-wink:

16. Beddy

I might have to get my Enford buddies on to you is all I can say.........Somerset saying they can improve the breed of a Wilty not a chance......<laugh>

17. Schrodinger's Cat

:emoticon-0102-bigsm Beddytare, my next door neighbour actually drives a tractor, and parks it on the drive outside the house. I couldn't believe it when I moved from Somerset, and found that Wiltshire was even more rural!

18. Beddy

I could use some of the local language from Enford....trouble is I wouldn't know how to spell it to get the right phrase and accent over......<laugh> Wiltshire is a beautiful county and mostly rural. When as a boy we were always driving the tractor home and parking by the side of the road outside the house.....lets face it where else you gone a park it....in the field? No use out there <laugh>The village Bobby bless him used to catch us on a regular basis. In the end we used to race him, he on his bike we on the tractor. Trouble is he used to win every time <laugh> Heady days. My first time of being caught in Enford village on a tractor was at the age of eight. We used to live out in the wilds up Allington lane I think it was called. My mum was bad so I got on the tractor and drove to the village shop (also a chemist) to get some medicine not realising you had to get a prescription first. However they got the doc to come out, it turned out she had pneumonia........The bobby drove the tractor back and got back to the village with the doc!! A village life nothing like it.... I think the bobby tried so many times to stop me driving the tractor but gave up in the end.......Today I would have ended in prison or similar......no sense of adventure now though.

19. SaintStu

Yeah my sig say born and bred St.Marys because I was. I use to live in Golden Grove and went to St Marys School then onto The Deanery and then Richard Taunton College.
    Went off to University and then came back before work took me to my job in Exeter.

Probably a big clue to my age in that answer...oh well.