1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

"Fire Sale III - Return of the Cash Collectors"

Discussion in 'Swansea City' started by Mono, May 5, 2019.

1. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Matthew Bound Still Lurks Well-Known Member

Free entry free for the game would have been a small gesture which I'm sure would have been appreciated , not sure what costs would been associated with the day , no tickets therefore no turnstile operators, a sprinkling of stewards if at all, no flood lights etc , the Cups are paid for by the players via their contributions to the junior league .There are two games on U15's then U16's so potentially no more than a couple of hundred spectators in one stand but potentially a loss of goodwill towards the Club .

2. Taffvalerowdy

Taffvalerowdy Well-Known Member

Health and safety rules would require a certain number of stewards, medically trained staff etc.

That said, the relatively small cost should have been borne by the club as a gesture of goodwill.

You reap what you sow!

3. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

The Club are trying to save money not give it away..<laugh> I Would have said £5 would have been better but they have to charge something by law. It does not matter what level of football will be played there even pub games ,school finals or whatever there is a cost involved like police, standby Ambulance and other costs. And There are insurance issues also that needs to be covered.......I dont know how the club gets around this when they say that Kids get in for free but saying that it was changed to Kids get in for a quid and that is probably for insurance purposes..........

4. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

What law exactly specifies that the Club have to charge an entry fee ? ,( note the question mark , it means there is an expectation of a reply ) You can go and watch the Academy teams at Landore throughout the season with no charge and there are stewards and St Johns Ambulance in attendance for each match
    I remember the open day training sessions being held very recently at the stadium with no charge and what police presence is required , you expecting a riot .? The trouble with you is you have a very faint grasp on reality which is superseded by an overwhelming desire to spout bullshit .<laugh>

5. DragonPhilljack

DragonPhilljack Well-Known Member

Spouting bullshit is by far his greatest asset!!!............................<laugh>

6. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

All the finals including the u15's and 16's are run by the Swansea senior league not Swansea junior league. The money charged for entry to be fair is not charged by the club but by the Swansea Senior league I am led to believe, I was told this when my son played in the final a few years ago. To the extent we had to pay the league the entry fee for our 5 year old mascot as we were only allowed 16 players and 2 coaches free entry.

7. Taffvalerowdy

But I understand the Senior League is charged by the Liberty Stadium (SSMC) - as is the West Wales FA if they want to hold their finals at the Liberty <cheers>

8. trundles left foot

trundles left foot Well-Known Member

I don't know to what level if any and will try and find out, that may be true, but what I am saying is the entrance fee is set by the league not the club. then that I suppose is based on what they have to recoup. Knowing the people running the league they would still be charging to much even if they get it for nothing.

The one thing I did know as a coach at these games, you are made to feel less than welcome.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  9. swanseaandproud

swanseaandproud Well-Known Member

When you grow up you muppet get back to me.....Ask the club what the law is and you will see i am 100% right so all your groovy gang idiots that will give you a like if you said black was white start eating humble pie for not knowing the Law <doh>

10. Taffvalerowdy

Doesn’t ECB allow free entry on the final day of a Test Match if they believe that the game will only last an over or two?

Suspect that if you investigate you will discover that there is an onus on knowing how many spectators are in the ground for H&S reasons but charging, there is no such legal requirement.

Last edited: May 16, 2019
    DragonPhilljack likes this.

11. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

Cheers for clearing that up, I remember you being less than complimentary about the way your club was treated at Landore a couple of seasons ago before and after a Cup game

12. Matthew Bound Still Lurks

I'm asking you or don't you know ?

13. PGFWhite

PGFWhite Well-Known Member

Dai is right. I found it on the internet:

Requirements for football stadiums
    Nowadays, the following conditions must be adhered to by all football stadiums throughout the country:

• Premiership and Championship stadiums must be all-seated;
    • there must be appropriate segregation of rival sets of supporters;
    • there must be appropriate amounts of stewards in specific areas of the stadiums;
    • there must be adequate car-parking at or near the ground;
    • access for emergency services should be provided;
    • there should be adequate toilet facilities;
    • all clubs must provide first aid equipment at their ground;
    • all dressing rooms for players and match officials must be secure and suitable for purpose;
    • all exits must be clearly signposted and where fixed exit points are provided, there must be sufficient to ensure the safe evacuation of the ground if necessary;
    • the smoking ban extends to all areas of a football stadium – Smoke-free (Premises and Enforcement) Regulation 2006;
    • no alcohol can be drunk in sight of the pitch.
    • An entry fee to stadiums must be paid for all football matches held in Penclawdd. An additional fee is payable for those wanting to park their combine harvester in the car park.<laugh>

14. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

Bournemouth have just signed Bristol City player Lloyd Kelly for 13 Million.

How can Dan James be worth only 15 Million in this market ????

15. Taffvalerowdy

Because Bristol City is owned by a 'real' billionaire - the Robins could play hard ball when it came to extracting full value.

However, our owners have intimated and demonstrated by their actions that they have no intention of putting their hands in their own pockets, and would rather sell the clubs assets. Other clubs recognise that and so we tend to (at best) optimise rather than maximise value.

Of course, Dai claims that we are owned by billionaires .....

16. neveroffsidereff

neveroffsidereff Well-Known Member

Billionaires my arse!!

17. Mono

Mono Well-Known Member

I must say though.... Dai is not the enemy in all this - he's just wrong about a lot of stuff.

18. Taffvalerowdy

Agree 100% <cheers>

19. 55282

55282 Well-Known Member

I await his thoughts.

Taffvalerowdy likes this.
  20. Taffvalerowdy

So do I <cheers>