1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Final games...

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Apr 23, 2022.

1. brb

brb CR250

that could impact the Gills...

Tuesday
    • Fleetwood Town19:45Sheffield Wednesday - we need Sheff Wed to win
      • Sunderland19:45Rotherham United - we need Rotherham to win, so they can relax against us on the final day - also so that Sunderland need to smash Morecambe on the final day

Saturday
        • AFC Wimbledon12:30Accrington Stanley - Wimbledon no threat to us IF they draw or we draw
          • Bolton Wanderers12:30Fleetwood Town - we need Bolton to win
            • Gillingham12:30Rotherham United - we need to pray

2. brb

brb CR250

Please feel free to add your own permutations, as my brain aches from all the possible outcomes.

3. Saf

Saf Not606 Godfather+NOT606 Poster of the year 2023

I think we beat Rotherham, mate. We are in double figures for our unbeaten run and are playing better every game. If we beat Rotherham, we go into the last game with an outside chance of automatic promotion, so we'll need to smash Morecambe then as it could go to goal difference. If we lose, we'll need to beat Morecambe to be certain of the play-offs. If Rotherham lose, they'll be in the same position of needing a win in their last game.

You don't want to see a draw in our game.

brb likes this.
  4. brb

brb CR250

Not sure a draw would work for us between Sunderland v Rotherham, because MK can still get 89 points and steal the place from Rotherham, which would mean Rotherham would still need to beat us on the last day.

Even if Sunderland kindly smash Morecambe for us, we would still need to beat Rotherham at our place on the final day, next Saturday.

Hopefully after the games on Tuesday, my lot will have a clearer picture of what will be required, other than us helping ourselves and beating Rotherham, who of late have shown they can be beat.

There is still as you say an outside chance, your boys can get autos, but that would require MK and Rotherham to lose all their remaining games, and good score against Morecambe to make up the GD. I see MK are away at Plymouth, that will be a difficult game for MK, so it could happen, especially as Rotherham will be in Sunderland hands on Tuesday.

5. brb

brb CR250

Our problem is worsened by Fleetwood having that Tuesday game in hand.

6. brb

brb CR250

Not sure if anyone else has seen this, but the joker in the following clip, is the one that gifted Fleetwood an 88th minute goal scoring chance today...

7. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Omg. If Fleetwood stay up because of that he should get freedom of the town:emoticon-0104-surpr

brb likes this.
  8. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

9. brb

brb CR250

10. JAMES THE GILLS MAN

JAMES THE GILLS MAN Active Member

With Brexit causing me grief and hassle in France (got my residence permit in the end and a case of Covid and a never ending to do list been not my usual self

brb likes this.

11. brb

brb CR250

Pleased to hear you managed to get your permit sorted out, and that you are on the mend from covid. As for that to do list, life before pleasure, especially when it comes to GFC footie which involves very little pleasure. Good to see you are about, hopefully whatever our destiny come Saturday, if Neil Harris would kindly stick around, L2 might not seem too bad, if he can reproduce the previous happy events of when we were last in L2 under Martin Allen.

12. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

brb - if you want to go backwards 10 years - you know where I'll lead you ( February 2012 ?)

brb likes this.
  13. brb

brb CR250

please log in to view this image

alwaysright likes this.
  14. alwaysright

Let's face facts
    Gills need an ABSOLUTE minimum of one point v Rotherham...... Don't expect us to score - we've only done that 13 times at home this season.

Even with one point, Gills have to hope that Fleetwood lose their 2 remaining games.... If Fleetwood get a point from either - Gills are down.
    Even if Fleetwood lose those games, with Gills losing next Saturday - AND a win for Wimbledon ( Home to Accrington ), it would put Gills in 22nd on goal difference.....
    And if we complicate the situation even further, with the lack of goals 'scored', it wouldn't surprise me if Gills get relegated because of that statistic --

The way I see it - Gills are DOWN....... and it aint going to get much better next season -- we need a massive clear out.. There's only about 2 or 3 that I'd keep (( with Tucker going -- if he's got any sense )) -- the rest of the defence can continue their current 'walkabout'. As for a striker - I reckon that Arthur Scargill might have done a better job !
    .......... can't wait - Carlisle ( Away ) on a freezing cold Tuesday night !

brb likes this.
  15. brb

brb CR250

I agree with your primary thoughts, but I'd like to believe that fate can play us a fairer hand than the one we are accustomed too, which is getting spanked by Wycombe on the last day of the season, to send us down on GD was it? (memory fades) - fate to avoid once again of seeing us lose in front of a sell out crowd.

Why do I want fate to deal a better card, and I'm optimistic for better this time round, is Neil Harris is a positive man, he believes in building, not reflecting on past woes. Scally even wrote as much in his report, about the Characteristics of NH.

The players need to believe, they need to come out for 90 mins and give all they have, Harris will be instilling that into the players, first thing Monday morning on the training ground, then the fans need to do their bit and suck them into the Rainham End goal.

0-0 after 90 mins.....the board indicates one minute extra time, 90 seconds has passed, the ref raises his right arm to place his whistle in his mouth, just as Oliver jumps above the Rotherham defence, GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL.....The Rainham End go mental, SKY broadcast the finale 90 seconds, Sunderland fans waiting on the Gills result for auto promotion, as Gills supporters sing, we are staying up. :emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music:emoticon-0159-music

I'll go and have a lay down now. :cheesy:

Last edited: Apr 24, 2022
    alwaysright likes this.
  16. gioblues

Yes please

brb likes this.
  17. alwaysright

brb likes this.
  18. gioblues

Wonder if we can get more fans than against Fleetwood.

brb likes this.