1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FIFA Generation Idiots

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by luvgonzo, Sep 18, 2017.

1. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I followed my oldest lad through his footy career, the games at all levels where similar to what I remembered and I enjoyed watching the football. My son has similar views to me on how the game should be played and we can chat about footy and have a laugh, he's now 18 years old we watch games together and win or lose we talk about it and have a beer or two.

Then there's my youngest, he started late and wasn't really into footy until he was about 8 years old. So I started watching mini football and he started watching footy with me.

At the mini footy they are all a bunch of horrible little ****s who either want to run the pitch or really hurt the opposition, the biggest point of interest is to score so that they can copy the Ronaldo celebration. They argue and seem to dislike each other and have no interest in what the coaches say.

Then there's watching footy, Liverpool should just win every game 5-0 or there are tantrums and the throwing of the shirt.
    I thought taking him to the game may help (thanks for this Palace) thinking the togetherness would make him understand. I had to drag him away (9 years old) from Palace fans as he was looking to get into it with them.

It seems to me that there's a new generation of fans who have completely different values. I've spoken to my youngest and his mates and if you mention anyone other than the big stars they are not interested and find it laughable that anyone with a **** FIFA rating might be a good player, every team is **** other than the usual top teams. It's quite frightening.

Anyone else had an experience of this bunch of horrible FIFA kids?

Last edited: Sep 18, 2017
  2. Tobes

Tobes Warden
    Forum Moderator

I know, the internet is full of them.

I remember seeing one sad **** get in such a massive huff after seeing his side get beaten that he opened a sulking forum..........

3. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

<laugh>

At least I went quietly.

PleaseNotPoll, BobbyD and Tobes like this.
  4. BobbyD

BobbyD President

talking about me? I'm upset at conte for drawing against the whipping boys of Arsenal. The italiana **** has only won as a PL but he made stupid team selections against Arsenal who got smacked by a ****ty red team up north

5. Bwood_Ranger

Bwood_Ranger 2023 Funniest Poster

Kids are ****s, basically.

6. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Definitely some of the above described on this board <whistle>
    But yeah, I can't stand people who think football doesn't exist outside the top few clubs and players.

7. Bwood_Ranger

I do a bit of maths tutoring on the side. Kid in the group was wearing a Chelsea kit (fake) so asked him who his favourite player was. Said he was a United fan but his mum had bought him the kit. When I was that age I was seeing us get stuffed at places like Port Vale.

BobbyD and JohnTheFox like this.
  8. PleaseNotPoll

PleaseNotPoll Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

It's very annoying. It seems to have bled into the English game from other countries, where it's basically true.
    The constant turnover of teams in the Premier League makes it more interesting, to me.
    Having a new club like Huddersfield breaking into the top flight keeps it fresh.

9. JohnTheFox

JohnTheFox Well-Known Member

Exactly. And Bournemouth to add which was nice. It's the same reason that everybody seemed to enjoy our title win and had we not been in that position and it was Spurs against the big boys I'd have wanted you to win for the same reason. What do people gain from glory supporting? Part of being a true supporter is to experience it all, relegation, promotion, play off heartbreak and titles. Given so few clubs have the privilege to win trophies, if everyone were like these kids then we may as well fold all clubs other than 6 or 7!

PleaseNotPoll likes this.
  10. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

As well as their attitude to watching the game they way they play also got to me, there's no team spirit they are just in it for themselves and the glory of hitting one in the top corner. If they lose a game they lay into each other calling their team mates **** and stuff like that. I'm shocked at how it has changed.

11. BobbyD

BobbyD President

You must have hated Stevie Me. He's definitely an Fifa type player that greedy diving cant

12. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

I bet his FIFA ratings were better than that chunky midfielder you had.

BobbyD likes this.
  13. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

I think that this is down to the TV coverage and the media saying stupid **** all the time.
    If Matt Le Tissier turned up at Southampton now, then they'd be creating stories about him every week.
    You can't have good players if they're not at the top, top clubs. It's not allowed.

luvgonzo likes this.
  14. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

please log in to view this image

please log in to view this image

15. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

What years are they from? NYC Lampard v unrealistically quick Gerrard?

16. luvgonzo

luvgonzo Pisshead

Didn't say I was going to be fair about it, I just looked for the worst Lampard card I could find. The Pace Lampard has there is funny though I think it might be his stats right now.

17. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

Should've looked for his Nandos black card. I bet he's absolutely knackered that.

luvgonzo likes this.
  18. BobbyD

BobbyD President

Interesting....

upload_2017-9-18_15-24-59.png

upload_2017-9-18_15-25-9.png

19. Bwood_Ranger

How does Lampard get a 58 for defending when his one job was to hang around the edge of the box waiting to smash one in off a defender?

luvgonzo and BobbyD like this.
  20. PleaseNotPoll

Forum Moderator

If you pick Lampard and Gerrard together in FIFA, do all of their rating drop by about 50?

Lovearsenalcock and luvgonzo like this.