1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FFP - City get off, is it now a dead duck?

Discussion in 'The Premier League' started by Tobes, Jul 13, 2020.

1. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Are you seriously denying that being able to instantly go to AFTV YouTube when Arsenal concede and watch their collective despair unfold in real time (they're on a ~two minute delay so you can just load when the notification comes through) isn't a far better experience than waiting for an hour for their individual videos to come out?

Lovearsenalcock and gooner4ever like this.
  2. gooner4ever

gooner4ever once a Gooner always a Gooner
    Forum Moderator

^^ ****chops

TBF they are funny, it’s like watching Piskie post on the Matchday thread when his stream is behind the reality and a Spurs have ****ing equalised

3. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't equate match going experience to watching other club's fans mate. I know this might come as a surprise to you but fans go to a game usually to watch their team play.

Fwiw I watched AFTV yesterday, the 4 sat in the front are proper premier league plastics. The 3 sat at the back including the host probably look at them 4 and cringe at what their fanbase is becoming. I dare say that 4 at the front make up the modern day streamers who haven't a fcking clue what a supporter is.

In that sense I'd much rather listen to a Claude rant from the heart outside the ground after a game than some fake plastic **** in front of a tv screen jumping around like a mong.

4. Tel (they/them)

Tel (they/them) Sucky’s Bailiff

The owners just need to establish a holding company which pays the wages and overheads of the club, and invoices the club a maximum of its revenue to safeguard any club from going under. The FA/PL need to recognise the companies as non-third-party and that way the risk sits with the owner.

If any owner refuses then they don’t have the club’s best interests at heart and should be shot in the face with a grenade launcher.

JakartaToon, gooner4ever and PINKIE like this.
  5. Dr Nickilas Van Helsing

Dr Nickilas Van Helsing Well-Known Member

6. pieguts

pieguts Mentor

Have a read up on Charlton’s off field woes. The EFL have shown that they are completely toothless when it comes to football governance. They can impose as many transfer embargo’s as they want, it will not stop football clubs being traded and effectively plundered by any spiv with the front to do it.

BobbyD, Tobes and Archers Road like this.
  7. I cannot impress upon you enough how much I wanted to be there when that happened.

The wumming would have been brutal.

8. I have to confess that, when it comes to watching the fallout following an Arsenal defeat, I take pleasure in watching the mongos as well as the real supporters.

9. astro

astro Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Football with stadium fans will inevitably return for financial reasons anyway. Probably the tyranny of the 3pm blackout too. All we can do is enjoy this golden age of broadcast football while it lasts.

Welshie likes this.
  10. Welshie

Welshie Chavcunt fanboy dickhead

Can't believe such obvious wumming gets to people Astro.

Your skills are incredible.

Solid_Air 2 likes this.

11. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

Or you could try an actual game..

Oh hang on, maybe not.

These daft ideas are swayed in your favour, and the millions off other ****ing plastics..

For all i care, pack ya ****ing bags and **** off...Footy will be better of without the super rich..

Let them go play together.

12. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I think they already do Comm tbf.

13. Commachio

Commachio Rambo 2021

I wonder what fans of clubs like City, Utd, Pool, Chelsea think about it..

Guess some will be in favour, but i'd be shocked if most weren't.

14. Treble

Treble Keyser Söze

I don't think many fans would either.

City fans can't even make it to their own stadium, no fcking chance they'll be hiking all over Europe every couple of weeks.

Prince Knut likes this.
  15. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

please log in to view this image

Archers Road and Munson. like this.
  16. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

When they get tired of a hollow competition with no fans they would I believe have to rejoin the Pyramid at National League level, providing of course the National League would accept them
    Let the BIG SIX go and form their title Euro League with Real and Barca and PSG and anyone else from Europe
    and see how long football fans want to see a season of pre season friendlies with nothing to gain from being first and nothing to lose from being last

Schlem Boogerman and gooner4ever like this.
  17. duggie2000

duggie2000 Well-Known Member

BUT it would be Astros ultimate wet dream

18. Prince Knut

Prince Knut GC Thread Terminator

I agree, and I don't want a super league, BUT- Astro has a point, in that elite football has somewhat demonstrated that it doesn't need to rely on gates to survive. There is a model available whereby a European Super League would be more lucrative on a PPV, Box Office model. Don't get me wrong - we're not buying anyone this season because we rely on our home fans' season ticket sales for our budget. We would have bought Werner for sure, even to be an understudy to our front three, but now £50m to us is unthinkable for what would be an additional marquee player.

I think of the current top six, ourselves, Spurs and Arsenal would struggle to compete with the oil clubs and United's debt sustaining ability. However, if this Super League went global, then maybe I'd think again - look at the crowds United, Liverpool and Arsenal, in particular, generate worldwide. Point is though is that any new super league would be based on broadcasting, not fans. We've probably been drifting here since 1992 but this is the awful truth - elite, top level football would love fans and broadcasting - but it only needs broadcasting, not fans. Money has won.

19. Prince Knut

?

20. Prince Knut

I have to say, I'd still love to see City win the CL this year. They're a magnificent football team(s), flawed at the back for sure, and De Bruyne is worth the entrance fee (or NoW TV day pass) any day of the week. That they should be for the trillions invested in them is beyond doubt, but I'll watch this tournament like I usually watch the World Cup, with a detached interest and just looking at it from a football perspective. Think I'll choose the option of crowd noise on though.