1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FFP - as I understand it

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rollercoaster Ranger, Oct 19, 2017.

1. QPRski

QPRski Well-Known Member

Very true.

2. Rollercoaster Ranger

Rollercoaster Ranger Well-Known Member

A lot of clubs, including Manchester City, have suffered as a result of falling foul of the FFP rules, but none, to my recollection, have taken them to court. Perhaps it just need one to take that step?

Personally I find EPPP more objectionable than FFP.

3. Sooperhoop

Sooperhoop Well-Known Member

Isn't there a rule that forbids clubs going to court in matters against UEFA or League Governing bodies? As you say there needs to be a club brave enough to take them on as this is clearly restrictive trade practice. Man City and Chelsea benefited from rich benefactors to become what they are today, FFP prevents any other clubs from following suit. It's almost akin to obtaining a corporate 'Bosman' ruling, if clubs can cover their losses what's the problem? If they can't then they get whatever sanction is fit up to expulsion from the League.

It will be interesting to see what happens if Leicester or Bournemouth end up relegated this season as both broke FFP in their promotion seasons, Leicester's being in the same year we went up and both did it by a big margin. Will they do deals behind closed doors as well? That's what stinks about our situation, nobody appears to be giving any indication of what the penalty is...