1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fergie quoted as saying Harry changed the fortunes of all the clubs he has been at

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Surrey_Saint, Feb 11, 2012.

1. Surrey_Saint

Surrey_Saint Well-Known Member

Never thought I would say this but for once I agree with Fergie. Harry certainly HAS changed the fortunes of all the clubs he managed and for us it was relegation. I agree that Harry came in to manage a struggling team with a not particularly strong squad but he knew that when he came in. The thing that grates on me most is the way he then left and went straight back to Pompey. I have found it really hard to forgive him for that and what he did could be comparable to him walking out on Spurs for Arsenal, relegating them and then heading back to Spurs. Does anyone else still struggle with him doing this?

2. Beef

Beef Well-Known Member

He changed the fortunes by spending **** loads off their money <laugh>

3. pass the football

pass the football Well-Known Member

Yeah every team he's managed has ended up in administration. It will be some feat if he can achieve the same at spurs.

4. TheSecondStain

TheSecondStain Needs an early night

Let's look at it this way... if Redknapp had not been in charge when Saints were relegated, Lowe and Co just may have got someone else in instead, who might have kept Saints up.

And then we would be looking at the prospect of Saints being owned by Lowe, Askham, etc... with no money, no prospects and perrenial struggling in the PL. Nicola and Markus would never have come to call and we wouldn't have Nigel Adkins, Rickie, et al.

Personally, I forgave Bagpuss ages ago, for effectively removing Askham, Lowe and Co, and leaving them with little to show for their lack of investment. And indirectly helping to bring Nicola and Markus to us.