1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Feel Sorry for Ndong?

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by polyphemus, Oct 9, 2018.

1. polyphemus

polyphemus Well-Known Member

It's POSSIBLE that any potential new Club will reason that his current situation will have come as such a shock to his system that the player will bust a gut to succeed. He will have learned his lesson, the hard way and as a result, will be a good boy from now on.

Then he may well have to accept, at least initially, a relatively small wage.

In the unlikely event that his agent has any sort of conscience,:cheesy:, he may, even now, be trying to resurrect the deals that were declined in the Summer.

2. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Another reason NOT to sign him isn't it if the new club is going to have to pay it!!

Can't ever remember a club doing this! And I have to say I am proud of SAFC/Stewart Donald/Charlie Methven for standing up to a player/agent trying to bully us. Bodes well for the future IMO

LAMackem and Nacho like this.
  3. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

It does mate, I'm proud of them too. For standing up for themselves and for following through on their promise that the piss taking stops now, would have been empty words from some.

4. clockstander

clockstander Well-Known Member

A loan deal would have been our best bet but he even screwed that up. Doubt whether we will ever get any compensation worth talking about from anywhere, tbh.
    Sickening to think so much money has been thrown down the drain on scum like this, what a waste.

5. Vincemac

Vincemac Well-Known Member

Didier Ndong will have to pay Sunderland €4m when he signs for new club after being sacked by Black Cats
    Complete waste of space
    We have lost millions
    Good riddance

6. clockstander

Haven't seen that Vince, but I would take that any day of the week, better than a dead loss which I was honestly expecting.

7. Vincemac

Yeh it’s something better than nowt

clockstander likes this.
  8. marcusblackcat

marcusblackcat SAFC Sheriff
    Forum Moderator

Nit sure we’ve lost millions though. The original numbers quoted were down to a number of clauses. From what I understand we haven’t paid anywhere near that 13m as he hasn’t met the clauses. Again I’m going from what mates who work in and around the club have said. No idea how true it is mind

9. Nacho

Nacho Well-Known Member

Last I heard we'd paid about 8 and not necessarily any more so if that's true it's not too bad in the grand scheme of things. I think the 4 mil will be going to Short anyway.

10. polyphemus

We are talking about Football Clubs and how they operate, so logic need not be our guiding principle.

IF some Club senses a bargain in this there could well be interest.

There is potential in the Player and any potential purchaser could well assume that because of his current predicament, he will have well and truly learned a lesson.
    It is also likely that he will not be expecting the sort of salary that he's been used to.
    A new employer might EXPECT that the player will be desperate to re-establish himself as a player and will therefor be prepared to work till he drops to show that he's worth 'the big time and the big bucks'.

As for the reported £4mil this would be the equivalent of a transfer fee.
    No doubt there will be scope for any 'buying Club' to negotiate, if only by spreading the payments and inserting a 'good conduct clause'.

However far fetched this might seem I reckon we have a slightly better than 50/50 chance of getting some ££'s back with this one.

clockstander likes this.

11. Vincemac

According to the report N’Dong has to pay Sunderland £4 mill
    When he gets a new club
    Not the club he is joining ???????

12. E.T. Fairfax

E.T. Fairfax Well-Known Member

If thats true it'll be payed in instalments no doubt, a percentage of his wages maybe.

13. clockstander

However it works out, we should get something, and that is good news in-itself, sorties at this level with expensive mercenaries and their "agents" are for the time being a thing of the past. And if and when we are operating in these waters again, hopefully under the current owners and management, we should be far better prepared, and much wiser, than the serial failures of Short's (ten year) tenure, <double>

14. MackemInTheMiddle

MackemInTheMiddle Well-Known Member

or out of any signing on fee he tries to screw out of any new employer! As for the OP question, he's made his bed he can lie in it.

15. polyphemus

I wonder how much his Agent will charge him for finding him a new Club!!!!

:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm:emoticon-0102-bigsm

16. Teessidemackem

Teessidemackem Well-Known Member

17. hettonist

hettonist Active Member

Can I just say we all make mistakes but what an absolute idiot this lad is! Hope he sorts himself out, we get a few quid and he gets on with his life in decent fashion having learnt many lessons. Don't want to see anyones life ruined at such a young age, regardless of opprtunities squandered, but if he gets another chance he better take it or that'll be it. 4M be useful too if he can sort that and repay his debt, fortune in this league so fingers crossed

Burly Hurley likes this.
  18. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

I don't feel sorry for the guy at all. He's been banking seriously good money every week and if he never played again I'm guessing he'd still be fine.

At the same time I don't blame him either. Like all young players he's put his career and his life in the hands of an agent.

I blame his agent full square on. 100%.

LAMackem and hettonist like this.
  19. hettonist

hettonist Active Member

Burly, think he's just a daft knacker like, but if it's true he's borrowing a couple off hundred of his team mates to stay afloat and has wasted all his crazy earnings then that is sad to me. Plenty with nowt that never had his opprotunity of course but reckon that would weigh heavy for evermore if say for example on benefits thereafter and knowing for decades you've totally ****ed it up. Not sure why I care but just seems very sad all ways up. Best thing he gets his new deal and we get some compo from him and things move on. Agents do have a lot to answer for but personal responsibility can't be put away for ever. If he ****s up again, he can't at all say I didn't know and was just doing what the agent told me, now he knows, hopefully he can mve n and do something useful

clockstander likes this.
  20. Burly Hurley

Burly Hurley Well-Known Member

Didn't know he was borrowing money from team mates.

So where's all his money gone? I bet his agent was suddenly distracted and busy when he needed a few quid.