1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FC Zurich vs Arsenal - Matchday Thread

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by BrunelGunner, Sep 6, 2022.

1. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

thought we were decent enough without being right on top of our game. A few changes in the line up is always going to disrupt the momentum too. That's the first time Vieria and Marquinhos have played together and it's clear we've got two top quality players there. Good game for Sambi too, he's gradually growing in stature at this club and we need him to be pushing Partey for a starting place, because the latter does look injury prone.

Good result in the end, and no complaints about going away from home and winning our first game back in a European comp <ok>

2. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Marquinhos looks quality - I can already see him giving Arteta a real selection headache soon.

3. PINKIE

PINKIE Wurzel Gummidge

He could be a brilliant option to bring on as a sub in PL games with 25 mins to go. He's defo a ****ing handful that's for sure and one of those players who could cause big problems for a tiring defence

4. BrunelGunner

BrunelGunner Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

We need to be careful about the pressure we put on him because it's his 1st year in a new country and people are already talking about him as Saka 2.0. I think he's a very talented player and looks like he has the right mindset, but I want him to flourish naturally and not have unhealthy expectations placed on him which could ruin him.

I'm not saying that you're doing this btw, but just in general.