1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fat Scottish ****er

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by brb, Oct 3, 2017.

1. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

Pegleg - I ' m sorry - the system only permits me to award you ONE 'like' for your previous post.

brb and The Gills PegLeg like this.
  2. Waldogills

Waldogills New Member

In what ways has he insulted Gills fans ? As I remember it he said we celebrated beating Crawley as if we'd won the FA Cup. Frankly that sounds more like a compliment than an insult. How many would actually be alienated if we started winning games ? I don't expect there were many chants of 'Evans Out' at Crawley and Rotherham when they were winning their promotions. He did have money at Crawley but not at Rotherham. As I said before, some will find reasons to reject any manager irrespective of the success they might bring.

3. brb

brb CR250

I like you Waldogills. He did get supporters arrested, tbh i don't think Evans would be on my friends list if he tried to get me nicked by the old bill but all water under the bridge to me personally, banter and insults is a trademark of football, just a shame Evans the airbag forgot that at the time, which in turn created a typical british footballing hostility, don't think we can be surprised by that, nor should we change it.

Although i had forgotten about us winning the FA Cup, i'm sure i did a write up on it, i must go find it.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  4. brb

brb CR250

I did find some reports I have wrote about Crawley back during and after Steve Evans reign, but this was an article written by twohundredpercent and I found highlighted at the time on not606.

http://twohundredpercent.net/evans-crawley-town-very-little-season-of-goodwill/

Quote;
    It is worth remembering, when we consider the words and behaviour of Steve Evans as Crawley Town continues its ascent through the lower divisions, the words of Jim Sturman QC, who defended Evans at his trial for tax offences during his involvement at Boston United:

If your honour sends Steve Evans to prison today he will lose his job again. It has already cost him £140,000 in legal fees, fines from the FA and loss of income. I ask for tempering justice with mercy. Is it worth sending Steve Evans to overcrowded prisons? He is terrified of spending one day in prison… There has been the stress and anxiety over four years. He has not slept. His family have not slept. He is terrified.
    There are plenty of people who would continue to argue that Evans should have received a custodial sentence for his crimes, and that others that would argue that he should not have been allowed anywhere near a football club for the rest of his life. The pity in all of this is that Crawley Town supporters have to live with his behaviour, every single day.

If you really want to get deep into the dealing of Evans and Boston United, read here;

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/fo...es-behind-the-shaming-of-a-football-club.html

Quote;
    "The sad thing about this whole story," Bean said, "is that at the greatest moment in Boston's history, one man did so much to damage the club's reputation. In everything that went wrong at the club, Steve Evans was the common denominator."

Although we don't own the links above if you lift the links can you please give us at not606 some credit for our research and raising the articles to life again if only out of courtesy - thanks brb

Last edited: Oct 4, 2017
  5. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Waldo you don't give us enough credit. This is a forum for users with a wide range of opinions but always keep a level headedness. We don't look to point the finger at someone else because they have a different opinion to yourself, after all opinions are opinions and everyone is entitled to their own.

Your argument does have merit. If he comes in and wins games then who cares? Unfortunately for many of us we do not want that particular person in charge of our football club. A man who has been a convicted criminal and has received numerous touchline (and sometimes even stadium) bans by the F.A for his actions. Somebody who manages to unite the Rainham End in a general loathing for his personality, a man who whose actions directly linked to two of our fans being arrested and accusing our own hierarchy at the time of racial abuse which the Police found nothing in to charge.

Our forum often has varied views on who management appointments and what not but once they are appointed, we all unite and support them. Evans however is a character that I for one and also others on this board cannot support for his previous actions and for that reason alone. You will find the same on the vitalgills also which I know you're a member of.

On a side note, Rotherham did have additional financial backing at the time which is why they managed to get a new stadium and further research shows Boston had a takeover during his 2nd spell which helped secure the players to get them promoted.

brb likes this.