1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fat Mike sells Gallowgate Land

Discussion in 'Newcastle United' started by Albert's Chip Shop, Feb 8, 2019.

1. GeordieHalfbreed

GeordieHalfbreed Well-Known Member

I bet a few landed on you though.

And I wouldn’t worry about getting served at the Earl, Chippy. You won’t catch students paying full price for a pint in the pub. Paying rent on a “safe space” doesn’t come cheap, you know.

2. jimileysbaldhead

jimileysbaldhead Well-Known Member

Yeah.....and when he did reach puberty, what did he do?

Ate them all.

3. G4rdToonArmy

G4rdToonArmy Well-Known Member

Pretty disgraceful really stifling the potential for the club when he's supposedly selling the club...yeah right!

Be interesting to see if the sale money gets added to the accounts this year, although we probably won't know for over 12 months!

4. mickeybnufc

mickeybnufc Well-Known Member

I reckon that there's more student accommodation than there are students,got to be, their chucking them up all owa

Albert's Chip Shop likes this.
  5. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

I have it on good authority there is not enough

the council 'master plan from 25 year ago was "to reclaim the streets" that was to build and provide enough student accomodation for all students,
    during the time that they study and reclaim the likes of Heaton, Jesmond, Gosforth etc back from the student Landlords and to get "families"
    back into housing around these areas, where students have been making life hell for residents for a number of years

that plan might of all changed now, but I doubt it, as the council wouldn't give planning permission if there were more than enough accomodation

6. Warmir Pouchov

Warmir Pouchov Better than JPF

Massive shortage of student accomodation in the North East. Durham, Sunderland, Boro and Newcastle all have significant shortfall. The popular choice is still to rent a flat or house. However companies like Unite provide purpose built fully managed student digs which is the preferred choice of the councils for the reasons HDQ notes. These purpose built things are very popular with the chinese population who arrive in Durham and Newcastle in significant numbers, increasing by the year.

Mind as a contractor I would agree there is a massive shortage :biggrin::emoticon-0164-cash:

7. Hung Drawn and Quartered

Hung Drawn and Quartered Well-Known Member

hence why I'm keeping hold of my city centre property at the moment --- unless someone has a load of money :emoticon-0150-hands ca-ching :1980_boogie_down:

mind you the student accomodation near me is not chinese but 90% Malaysian
    I know because I get a lot of their bloody mail through my letter box
    when will the post man read the bloody name on the letter/parcel to see Mr Wang Fang does not
    work at my address :headbang:

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
  8. Hugh Briss

Hugh Briss Well-Known Member

Ashley will look to sell the Sports Direct Arena to developers and create a groundshare with Sunderland.

It really wouldn't surprise me.