1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fans allowed back

Discussion in 'Gillingham' started by gioblues, Nov 23, 2020.

1. gioblues

gioblues Well-Known Member

Well looks like fans will be allowed back from next Wed. Tier1 could allow 4000 Tier 2 allow 2000. Tier 3 None. Unfortunately we look like we will be tier 3 as Swale Thanet and Medway all been rising.

grumpygit, brb and alwaysright like this.
  2. alwaysright

alwaysright @ Very Angry Camel

I fail to see how it is 'safer' now - to reopen stadiums, ( with new infections rising by about 18500+ per day ), compared with the time when stadiums were closed because infection rates had 'reached' 1,000.
    I don't expect that Kent will be in Tier 2 until probably near the end of January ((( and that's only if people don't engage in drunken 'French' kissing under the mistletoe ))).
    Tier 2 rules will allow Priestfield to permit 2,000 fans.... probably only enough for season ticket holders...... I'd be surprised if Mr. Scally will bother to reopen the ground until we at least get back into Tier 1 ----- otherwise, the Club would incur much extra expense - for (extra) stewards and sanitising etc - without getting any appreciable new money - and no revenue from ticket sales.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2020
    grumpygit and brb like this.
  3. brb

brb CR250

The whole thing is becoming a joke in my eyes, and an annoying joke at that. We have just been in another lockdown and they are talking about opening stadiums, yet we aint even out of the lockdown yet.

The hospitals are struggling to cope, and as per we get our priorities all wrong, no wonder some people won't take this seriously.

I'm getting fed up with hearing about the whole thing, whether it be tier one, two or three, I'm just finding the whole thing frustrating, ever since March, the next piece information seems to contradict the previous bit of information.

Even referees aren't this blind.

Like I've said before, I will protect myself and leave the lunatics running the asylum to get on with it.

please log in to view this image

Resurgam, grumpygit and alwaysright like this.
  4. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

5. alwaysright

grumpygit -- I just want to keep pressing the 'Like' button....
    The only thing wrong with the video is that it wasn't at least 30 minutes long------- actually - it's as well that it wasn't - I would have ended up in hospital - unable to stop laughing.

grumpygit likes this.
  6. The Gills PegLeg

The Gills PegLeg Up yer Harris

Positive that fans may be allowed back in shortly but I don't think Gills fans will be able to get to Priestfield just yet. Swale has highest number of cases in the country with Thanet close behind in fifth. Add to that Gravesham & Medway also make the top 30 I imagine most if not all will be Tier 3. That then pretty much covers the majority of locations that our fans reside (@alwaysright excluded on this occasion).

Last edited: Nov 25, 2020
    grumpygit likes this.
  7. alwaysright

Pegleg -- brb will tell you that I live in a World of my own !

The Gills PegLeg and grumpygit like this.
  8. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

Many have tried to exclude always without success. :emoticon-0140-rofl:

The Gills PegLeg and alwaysright like this.
  9. alwaysright

Whilst the issue of fans returning may be 'academic' for a while yet.... I have just discovered that, under the present rules, clubs won't be getting any revenue from catering -- because ---- consumption would have to be outside the ground ! .... Why ?**

With the increased costs - of extra marshals, stewards, sanitising etc, and the likelihood of no 'new' money from ticket sales, the financial 'viability' is questionable... Non league clubs are threatening to refuse to play matches - without fans and revenue from the bar and catering. It makes even less sense to allow fans to return until each club can have at least 50% of its' ground capacity - this sort of figure should make it reasonably viable for most lower league clubs to open - and not making it lose even more money by doing so.

** What difference does it make to the threat or spread of infection if I obtain refreshments and then not consume them until I leave the stadium ?

brb likes this.
  10. brb

brb CR250

Medway Stand is a completely enclosed space, no windows, only the exits/fire exits and narrow in places. I think you could argue your point more for the Rainham End, but no chance in the MS. Unless you use the lower exit catering, but then you would have safety issues with congregation around a main entrance/exit in a small area.

11. alwaysright

OK - it looks like I'll have to be the 'bad' guy........ you was supposed to say that there'd be more of a risk from consuming anything purchased from inside the ground - than from catching Coronavirus.......... I'll get my coat !

brb likes this.
  12. alwaysright

And on a more serious point..... you mention the 'congestion' at the exit points --- and, as you know, that's where the idea of allowing any fans into the ground ( until next season ), falls down -- there may be ''stewarding / marshalling into the ground - but not before people arrive or when people leave - people just won't want to take an eternity to get out of a stadium - especially if the game hasn't gone well ! R R R

brb likes this.
  13. alwaysright

On today's showing, I would bet good money that we won't get the 2,000 that we'd be allowed to have on Boxing Day! .... and THAT would be more embarrassing than losing to Brackley ----- at least they made a good game of it against Tranmere........ oh well - there's always next year ( if we don't go bankrupt - for the sake of the want of £25,000.)

brb likes this.
  14. gioblues

So Charlton are allowed 2000 supporters tonight. They have been given times to enter the stadium. Some as early as 6pm for a 7:45 ko. Madness in these freezing conditions. Think there will be a lot of people getting a cold. Don't know if allowed to bring any food and drink or just not able to buy any.

15. gioblues

Also Gills can get 2000 (not likely anytime soon ) but if they were to get 4000 will they have to open the brian moore stand to social distance.

16. grumpygit

grumpygit les misérable

As long as ifollow continues to show matches, then, much as I miss my football, I won't go back until I have the vaccine.

alwaysright likes this.
  17. alwaysright

It will be unlikely that fans will be allowed to bring in their own refreshments - (( '' because of the risk of 'contaminated' packaging etc etc - jobsworth - hi viz bla bla bla ! )) ---- and -- not forgetting that fans are expected to NOT go to the toilets - especially at half time or at the end of the match !! -- as you say gioblues ; madness --- do they expect me to tie a knot in it ? -- I reckon at the Exeter game, I might have just urinated in the stands - less damage than the excrement being dumped on the pitch.

grumpygit likes this.
  18. Resurgam

Resurgam Top Analyst
    Staff Member

If I went to any game in this cold weather, I wouldn't be able to find the ruddy thing to be able to tie a knot in it anyway

alwaysright likes this.
  19. gioblues

Bromley were allowed supporters in today as just about part of London. They were charging £25 for the game. This worry's me as how much will league clubs charge with all the extra costs involved to stage a game.

brb likes this.
  20. brb

brb CR250