1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Famous people you have met.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 2, 2011.

1. The FRENCH TICKLER

The FRENCH TICKLER Well-Known Member

well for one most recently, John Parkin in his flip flops after the Scun thorpe Brentford game yesterday. He was still shaking his head and cursing the miss of the season. He hit bar from 4 yards out......<yikes> :emoticon-0116-evilg

2. Fez

Fez Well-Known Member

Played for Peter Osgood when he flirted with management at Windsor & Eton (always on the piss at the Union &#8211; a pub he totally ****ed up)

Had breakfast on a train with Kevin Keegan (When he was England Manager &#8211; great guy) and dinner on a train with Glen McCrory (another great guy)

Got pissed in a lock-in with Niall Quinn, sang lots of Irish and Nat King Cole songs, his favourite (Cracking bloke) Shared a pint with many a footballer over the years &#8211; some good guys and some arsholes.

Partied with Eartha Kitt after her show at Blazers &#8211; incredible woman (Anyone remember the advert in the HDM asking for the loan of a Chaise Longue?); also Clodagh Rodgers, fabulous figure, **** complexion!

Shared a pitcher of vodka and orange with Freddie Starr in his garden (Barmpot!); I was running past on a very hot day when he shouted me over and offered me a glass of orange, I had just done about six miles and was gagging so I jumped at the chance &#8211; he never told me it was half vodka, it nearly floored me!

Blocked Rod Stewart&#8217;s Rolls Royce outside a Deli; he had parked like a knob &#8211; he got in a right old strop; funny as it gets!

Oh and I had a cup of tea with the Queen &#8211; my youngest daughter was about six and she presented a bouquet to her and when she made her courtesy she noticed that one of the Queens stockings had dropped and wrinkled, she looked up to her mum and said &#8220;Mum, the Queen&#8217;s got Nora Batty stockings on&#8221; &#8211; she was amused!

3. originallambrettaman

originallambrettaman Mod Moderator
    Staff Member

I once spent a week on holiday with Thomas Lang, who I bet barely anyone on here has heard of, he got a record deal back in the 80's and had a signing on party with Seal, who was rather more successful. He went away on his own for a week to write his new album and ended up hanging out with me and my missus, I don't think he actually wrote much, we mainly got pissed and ended up singing this in the hotel bar every night...

[video=youtube;a932BzheE1c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a932BzheE1c[/video]

He still appears regularly at Ronnie Scott's, and he definitely sounds better singing this on his own. <laugh>

4. Amin Yapusi

Amin Yapusi Well-Known Member

I met where's wally when I was a kid

5. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

No i dont know Mike Pearlman but would like to know other City fans in Melbourne etc.

6. Melbournetiger

Melbournetiger Well-Known Member

I meant to say Peter i think i remember you from the old days from Bunkers etc, did you use to wear denim a lot.Not being rude but remember you or someone similar always smiling, did you used to go on East Yorkshie buses to away games etc?Happy days

7. tigercity

tigercity Well-Known Member

I once got in golfer Colin Montgomerie's way at The Belfry, apparently I walked right across his path and my mate who was behind me said he had to stop and muttered something of a complaint! Had a chat with lesser known players Peter Mitchell, Gary Evans & Aussie Brett Ogle

Had a drink and long chat with The Saints' Chris Bailey after a gig here, my mate knew him when working as a roadie.

Was inspected by Prince Charles in 1987 as it was Hull TH School's 200th anniversary, he passed right in front of me, didn't talk though..

Bumped into Jimmy White near the Assembly rooms whilst a student at Derby & saw Brian Clough on the same street going into an offy.. his family owned it.

met an ex Turkish player who played for Goztepe vs Atletico Madrid & Cardiff City in the Fairs Cup.. he said he'd played against John Charles..

8. MikeHull

MikeHull Member

i met slayer and derren brown. our lass met bryan mcfadden :)

9. The Omega Man

The Omega Man Well-Known Member

Fez forgot to mention that he has also met me!

10. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

Yes, I wore denim a lot and I was happy most the time so I supposed I smiled a lot. I don't think I ever went on East Yorkshire to City games. Most the coaches I got were with George (don't remember his surname).

I'll send you Mike Pearlman's address.

11. adamisme

adamisme Member

mostly non-sport stars, but too many too count

12. eruth

eruth Member

I wonder if that Mike Pearlman is a relative of my Dad - he has family that went 'down under' from Hull in the '50s...

Anyway back ont he famous people thing....

I saw Amir Khan having his photo taken outside the Reebok Stadium, we were sat working inside.

I used to drink with the cast of Casualty when I lived in Bristol.

13. chantstiger

chantstiger Member

saw marlon dingle in beverley town centre yesturday. Also bumped in to amy winehouse outside of the lyceum theatre in london a couple of years back

14. petersaxton

petersaxton Well-Known Member

Mike Pearlman went to Australia about 1990.

15. BillyBobBallbag

BillyBobBallbag Well-Known Member

Famous people are no better than non famous people and I don't understand the fascination with them, why would anyone want their name scribbled on a bit of paper is beyond me.