1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Famous people you have met.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 2, 2011.

1. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Jodie at Peterborough dog track. Trap 1 obviously. 1 and 6 reverse forecast for me.
    Edit- didnt see you done the joke Thomsen.

2. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Did I mention there was some topless sunbathing too? I think we spent 3 - 4 hours in their company, in and out of the pool. One of the perks of living someone like that was you could tip people off as to what to see.

Geri Haliwell was there around the same time but she was too much of a diva, I bumped into her coming out the loos, it was at

http://muscat.grand.hyatt.com/hyatt/hotels/index.jsp?null

so no chavs there to annoy the "stars". Which is why it was so annoying that Halliwell was so rude, she didn't look at all good: stick thin.

3. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Rick from T4.

4. tiger d

tiger d Active Member

It was a film called "six Bend Trap" . It also featured a few genuine gangsters from London's East End which created quite an intimidating atmosphere.

5. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Always think with films they should do things like that to give a bit of authenticity, that's what made the Sopranos good, real life ex- mafioso like Paulie Walnuts with leading roles

6. carmen newell

carmen newell Active Member

In a previous life I worked in nightclubs and also the leisure industry so I got to meet many famous people. An awful lot of comedians but the funniest was Sach the Italian D.J. The one with the most impressive presence was Howard Donald from Take That.(met the wife while having a drink with Howard). The best bloke of all was Joe Brown(cockney singer from the sixties). He was booked at a theme weekend and did his act. As a rule the main acts stayed at a different hotel to were they performed. Joe phoned me at midnight and asked if he could come back to the hotel for a drink. He came and sat with his fans for 5 hours, buying them drinks and sitting with them, playing all there favourite songs and singing with them. Imagine that these days, wouldn't happen. I also met Donna Air and let's just say that the question she asked the coors was quite a surprise as I thought she wasn't that intelligent!

7. Davies Headband

Davies Headband Well-Known Member

Met two of the guys from the new Gladiators series, both absolutely huge.

Met Aaron McLean's brother in the SU at Huddersfield Uni just stood chilling on the touchie!

Bullard, Ash, Deano, Aaron McLean, Cooper and Devitt in Sugar Mill after Pompey away last season (before Bullard and Ash went I think), and Bullard was drinking water all night. McLean was also a really nice bloke, spoke to him for about half an hour about football.

Also met Devitt the night before Ipswich away this season but he was a little worse for wear so it was just a hello, how are you conversation!

8. TONY_WARNERS_FACE.

TONY_WARNERS_FACE. Well-Known Member

Think that's all you'd be able to get from Devitt anyway tbh.

If we're going on City players, there's at least two who live nearby to me, either that or they just hang around in Leeds city centre constantly.

9. Kempton

Kempton Well-Known Member

Deano when he had that black eye, with Mike Turner and Bryan Hughes,The Jam. Our lasses step dad met John Lennon and George Harrison.

10. pock tiger 64

pock tiger 64 Member

trevor francis at stoke two years back chatted for half hour true gent and football fan

11. From Boothferry to Wembley

Geoffrey from 'Rainbow'

12. Budapest_Tiger

I'm afraid I'm somewhat responsible for Bulgaria's pathetic showing last night after once managing Lothar Mattheus. He clearly learnt nothing from me.

When Lothar was manager of the Hungarian national team I was teaching his then step-daughter, Diane, from his third wife, the delightful Marijana (far too good for the German, in my opinion). I was also running a local team of teachers, parents, friends and anyone with two legs. At the start of every lesson, I used to ask Diane when "dad" was going to turn out for us. After about six months of pestering, rumours were that he was going to turn up at our next match (a bottom of the table slugfest). And sure enough, in cruised the Merc and out jumped Lothar, complete with family.

After finding a shirt small enough for him (he really is quite short), threatening to start him on the subs bench and inculcating him with our football philosophy ("kick the ball, score goals", that sort of thing), I found a space for him in our talented, multi-national midfield. He was quite good, once stroking the ball in from 25 yards when none of our strikers had the energy to make an intelligent run into space. We were 5-0 up at half-time. During the oranges, the heavens opened, lightening struck around the pitch and we waited. Except Lothar didn't. He went home. We played out the second half when the ball could hardly move across the grass because of standing water.

I wrote a letter to Lothar for Diane to take home from school. I suggested that he showed a bit of promise and that he could cement a place in our team should he wish to turn out again in the future. I also reminded him that he wasn't a professional anymore and that he had forgotten to pay his subs before he left. These amounted to 400 forints (about a quid) but given that he had only played a half, he could pay 200 Ft. The next day, Diane brought the money in, saying that "my dad wasn't happy paying." Who said the Germans lack a sense of humour? He never played for us again. But there were no hard feelings on parents' evening.

13. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

Not knowing how to handle Star players, AP will like you!! Great story by the way.

14. charles stokell

charles stokell Active Member

I looked in a mirror once and was very impressed with what I saw

15. TigerMarv

TigerMarv Well-Known Member

Only once you poor sod, Im impressed with what I see every time I look in the mirror

16. Febbos

Febbos Well-Known Member

17. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

Prepare to be impressed .

In the space of 18 crazy months I saw Nanette Newman at Kings Cross train station, approximately ten minutes after being offered a nosh off by some skanky crack whore.Offer declined.

Low and behold I couldn't believe my luck when ,within two years ,I saw Pauline Collins at Doncaster train station.

Never mind Jerry Garcia and Patti Smith this is pure rock and roll .

I just wish I'd had the courage to have spoken to them .

I do have a lengthy and not overly amusing story of a Suede back stage party but that can wait for another day .

18. DJBlackandamberarmy(No4)

DJBlackandamberarmy(No4) Well-Known Member

ha ha, like it <ok>

19. smidgen

smidgen Active Member

Can't help it mate....Title is Famous people etc, and I did meet 'em.

Still, I'm overwhelmed by your rejection of the 'crack whore'. Bonza!

20. Carmine Galante.

Carmine Galante. Well-Known Member

I'm not doubting you for one second pal . I'm just a bit light on the meeting famous people front and that's the best I could do .

As for the crack whore , no no no . She looked like that Asha Mohammed tom that's always in the HDM .
    If you don't know what she looks like imagine a cross between Golum , Yoda and old man Steptoe .

Pure ming .