1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Famous people you have met.

Discussion in 'Hull City' started by Chazz Rheinhold, Sep 2, 2011.

1. andy payton's mullet

andy payton's mullet Well-Known Member

Does anyone else remember Donna Air(head) interviewing the Corrs and her first question was "so, how did you all meet"?

<doh>

2. Fat Southern Tiger

Fat Southern Tiger New Member

Met Peter Sallis (Cleggy from Last of the Summer Wine) - he was taking a piss in the urinal next to the one I was using, on a campsite near Harrogate... and no I wasnt cottaging (it wasnt Brighton)...

3. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

Sorry sweetheart I'm not a left-footer, but keep looking. I'm sure there's someone out there for you.:emoticon-0153-broke

4. AndaluzTiger

AndaluzTiger Member

I know for a fact that Pyrenean Tiger grabbed Steve McClarens throat and put him up against a wall in Granby, Hessle for saying something derogatory about his girlfriend in the early eighties. Does that count as meeting them?

5. Nick HCAFC

Nick HCAFC Active Member

Not that I can remember, Plato did crash out right in front of me just after I met him though!

6. andy payton's mullet

No doubt he blamed you. It's never his fault haha

7. TIGERGURL_KnowsMoreAboutFootballThanMen

Mark King Level 42 bass player @ Fulhams Craven Cottage Ground a few years ago, Tico Torez drummer with Bon Jovi, Elton Johns driver @ the kc gig, Brian Noble @ Odsal a while back, Got close to Roman Abramavicz when Chelsea played an FA Cup tie @ Scarboro a few years back.

8. andy payton's mullet

Does he have a famous driver? :emoticon-0102-bigsm

9. TIGERGURL_KnowsMoreAboutFootballThanMen

well its the closest i got to meeting Elton John. he must be famous as he is Elton Johns driver ? :emoticon-0105-wink:

10. Spanner82

Spanner82 Well-Known Member

I've met Roland Gift, Lee Sharpe and Steve Bruce

but most famous person i've met was Patrick Stewart

11. Jobboshinpad

Jobboshinpad Active Member

On honeymoon me and the missus were in the same hotel as Jimmy Quinn (reading manager at the time) and his wife. We became very friendly and spent most days by the pool mostly with
    Jimmy telling joke after joke, absolutely lovely bloke offered us free passes if we were ever up at any reading game.

Same holiday got chatting with Jim Magilton, liked a drink. Met him again in the players bar at Southampton after he'd scored the winner against Kevin Keegans Newcastle. Also met Shaka Hislop and Matt le Tissier same afternoon. The guy who I was with played tennis with Matt so was introduced, all were very nice people.

12. Jobboshinpad

Been next to (at dinner) with Frank Stapleton and Norman
    Whiteside. On another occasion Duncan McKenzie and Steve Kinsella (ex Wolves and Huddersfield striker)

Also met Natt Lofthouse after a gentlemens dinner at Huddersfield, absolute gentlemen!

Shared flights with Ian Rush, Bryan Robson and Graham
    Souness.

13. kirkellatiger

kirkellatiger Well-Known Member

I've met Bobby Charlton, Norman Whiteside, Wilf McGuiness, Steve Mclaren, Jimmy Bullard :/ and various other footballers. Last year Gary Pallister was in The Star in Willerby which was a really nice suprise!
    I've interviewed Jon McClure from Reverend and The Makers. I've still got his number in my phone and he was a bit of a dick in honesty, various other bands members. Met Jarvis Cocker in my local in sheffield last year, was part of a news story involving the mother (MILF) of a member of One Direction who got into a live radio argument with X Factor reject Steve Brookstein. I produced it and it got into MTV, Heat, Metro which was pretty funny really. BBC Snooker team in Sheffield. Met Laura Whitmore (MTV presenter) when I worked there. I've also interviewed our very own Burnsy! I've had quite a few run-ins with celebrities thinking about it.

14. Oregon Tiger

Oregon Tiger Well-Known Member

I've met quite a few over the years. Funniest was at a Yorkshire v Middlesex cricket game at Scarborough. My wife - quite new to the country - whispered "I know that fat bloke sitting behind us". I turned around to see Mike Gatting who was in the England team at the time but not playing in the county match.

True to stereotype he was part way through a sandwich.

15. Jobboshinpad

Oh was sat in Betty's in York, after England failed to Qualify for world cup, Steve Mclaren and his family came and sat on the next table, didn't feel
    Like speaking to him, just punching his teeth in!

16. Horsham_Tiger

Horsham_Tiger Well-Known Member

Back in 2001 I was working in Oman when they sent the bombers over to Afghanistan. As a precaution we were given the day off so a gang of us went down to one of the local swanky hotels for the day.

A couple of us spent the afternoon enjoying the company of the girls from Steps (they were out entertaining the troops and they were sunbathing next to us).

All three were a good laugh and nothing like their public image. We gave them lots of tips about the local area.

Faye was definitely the best (she won the swearing competition).

Sports people: Gareth Edwards (the uncle of one of my mates, he was at the wedding. I'm sure I was the usual drunk idiot he must get loads of); had a good laugh on a pub crawl with Andy Rammell earlier this year top bloke (he's the brother of someone I used to work with and he played in a 5-a-side football team I started, but I'd left by the time he started playing!)

17. Craigo

Craigo Well-Known Member

I'll swap my drunken Andrea Corr for your sunbathing Claire from Steps.:emoticon-0141-whew:

18. Chazz Rheinhold

Chazz Rheinhold Well-Known Member

I met Clyde Best the old West Ham player in Los Angeles years ago. Top bloke. I was supposed to play against Rod Stewart in a game but he couldnt make it i was gutted as i was told he brought his mrs and a load of hangers on (spare clunge) when he did play.

19. atigerfan

atigerfan Active Member

I met Sven, Trevor Brooking, David Beckham at a function in Whitehall 2006. Also chatted to Tony Blair, Gordon Brown, Mrs Thatcher and Presidents Clinton and Bush senior and a load of MPs including John Prescott when they visited Downing Street. Also met David Carradine ( Kung Fu ) in the west end about 20 years ago. I played golf with Norman Collier at Springhead Park about 30 years ago. He wasn't funny at all.

20. Hessle Tiger

Hessle Tiger Member

I met Jet from Gladiators at Beverley Racecourse, some of the blokes were there too, but they werent important! ;)

Deano turned up at one of my bands gigs at Springhead after England played USA in the World Cup, turns out he mates with our lead singer. Also met Nick Barmby at a party we played at, had a right good chat with him, theres a picture of us on our website! Met Bullard in the Weir after the Chelsea game we lost 3-0, contrary to common belief he wasnt drinking and actually seemed a nice bloke :/. Met Ash in the Bear in South Cave back when we were in Div 3. I ended up back at a house party in Brough one night and Marc Joseph was there, he sat and talked to me for hours and I had no idea who he was until we started talking footy haha!
    Paul Robinson once presented me with a player of the year award.
    Ive also met John Charles, Peter Lorimer, Dickie Bird and Michael Vaughan. Theres probably more but my heads starting to hurt now trying to remember!