1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fair play Stoke

Discussion in 'Liverpool' started by Klopp's Mannschaft, Jul 19, 2013.

1. Klopp's Mannschaft

Klopp's Mannschaft Well-Known Member

FOOTBALL

Stoke City will offer their supporters free coach travel to all of their Premier League games in the 2013-14 season, the club has announced today.

It is believed to be the first time any side in England's top four divisions has undertaken such a bold initiative for an entire campaign.

The Club is introducing the initiative on the back of the increase in their income delivered by the new TV deals, in a bid to try and ease the financial burden on fans who follow City on their travels.

Chief executive Tony Scholes said: "As a Club we are conscious that following football can be an expensive business, especially at a time when so many people are feeling the squeeze financially."

Fair play to them for using their money to give something back to the supporters. Doubt many other clubs will be doing this. Wonder how much it'll cost them over the whole season and if that'll detract from improving the squad though

2. BBFs Unpopular View

BBFs Unpopular View Well-Known Member

Nice to see more money generated by a club goes to reducing costs for fans rather than all of it paying higher wages to players.

It's the well off clubs that should be doing this though, Stoke have shamed the ****ing lot!

3. astro

astro Well-Known Member

4. The artist JerryChristmas

The artist JerryChristmas "Massive old member"

Nice touch <ok> good to see certain clubs looking after their fans not just treating us match goers as cash cows. Wish I could say the same for Liverpool but the days of my club looking after its own are long, long gone unfortunately.

5. SJD

SJD Well-Known Member

Fair play to Stoke, nice touch <ok>

6. Magic Ted

Magic Ted Talulah

Nice touch, that's exactly how fans should be rewarded. <applause>

7. Jimmy Squarefoot

Jimmy Squarefoot Well-Known Member

Rarely have anything nice to say about Stoke but fair play. Touch of class and I hope the rest follow suit.

8. moreinjuredthanowen

ermmmm does this just benefit the clubs who now sell more tickets? it doens't benefit stoke much when they appoint hughes as manager.

How long til someone's legs get broken but this dirty manc's tctics?

9. The artist JerryChristmas

It benefits those who go to games MITO. The people who most Prem clubs forget about (until they stop going). Whatever you think of the manager/tactics is hardly relevent to what is a nice gesture in a world of money obssessed, greedy owners.

10. moreinjuredthanowen

ok let me rephrase. I know its great for the stoke away fan. thats fine and all that but i am talking about the club itself. it really doesn't benefit it much if at all. good will is all. I'm just wondering if some clubs round the country and laughing all the way to the bank at the thought of a few hundred extra tickets... it would have doubled wigans attendance ;)

It like oh you guys come along and cheer for this lot but would stoke fans not rather a decent manager and not this clown?

11. Noblelox

Noblelox Well-Known Member

Time of the Month MITO, me old lesbo?

12. The artist JerryChristmas

Ask them <ok>

Good will is all it is. Better to have some good will than none at all and having travelled to some ****ing ****ty away performances in my time I would have appreciated some good will....in fact I think we should all have got free season tickets for paying out our hard earned to watch us under Woy <laugh>

13. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

I don't dislike stoke as a club. I disliked Pulis. They have great fans and I hope to see them play better football in the future.

14. moreinjuredthanowen

Indeed. and stoke fans frnakly were sick of pulis being really negative on the road so perhaps its the club trying to give away fans something to travel again... they were amaing a couple years back at anfield... this last season i don't remember them being as good... who knows.

15. Zingy

Zingy #ziggywould

Someone should compensate MFG for him having to watch us under Rodgers. <ok>