1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Failed WWE Idea's

Discussion in 'Wrestling' started by Lummiepie, Aug 30, 2011.

1. Lummiepie

Lummiepie Member

I was watching UFC: Rio last night and chuckled to myself when I remembered the WWE's brief attempt to marry Sports Entertainment and MMA. The Brawl for All was a legitamate fight between the daftest guys in the WWF.

I have just watched the final on YouTube and enjoyed seeing "The Wrestling God" JBL get his clock cleaned by tag wrestler at best Bart "The Machine" Gunn.

I cant find many video's of the other matches but remember watching Steve Blackman take all the fun out of it by repeatedly taking down someone like Albert and winning on points without there being any real punches thrown.

I aslo seem to reme,ber one of the LOD having their nose blown apart.

I think the winner took home a real cash prize of $50k, and the promise of a decent run as the Brawl for All winner.

any other random memorys of daft concepts from back in the day?

World Bodybuilding Federation? Xtreme Football? Kennel from Hell?

2. RinoGattuso

RinoGattuso Active Member

Vince gets blown up.

3. humanbeingincroydon

humanbeingincroydon Well-Known Member

Smackdown Records lasted all of a fortnight, whilst WWF/E New York went bust within three years - in other words, Vince, you;re a wrestling promoter. Deal with it.

As for failed ideas, the obvious one is the Invasion, as Vince proves to the world that he can make a can't fail idea crash and burn like the R101.

4. pompeymeowth

pompeymeowth Prepare for trouble x
    Staff Member

I think the stupidist idea, outside of wrestling, VM ever had was the WBF. Then XFL.