1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA to clamp down on Player behaviour

Discussion in 'Sunderland' started by mmickey1, Apr 1, 2011.

1. mmickey1

mmickey1 Member

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has announced a crackdown on the "unacceptable" behaviour by players and managers towards referees

Great I endorse this whole heartedly but:

Doesn't he realise that a large contribution towards this unnacceptable behaviour is the competency (or lack of competency) of the referees.

Week in and week out managers and players are frustrated by obvious wrong decisions going against them, unfair decisions losing them games and in certain cases blatant bias towards one or the other of opposing teams.

Surely Mr Scudamore should be getting his own house in order first.

2. HorsleyHillCat

HorsleyHillCat Well-Known Member

Is this another April fool's joke?

3. safc73

safc73 Active Member

mm...... i'd love to see it.
    as for the ref's i recon you cannot have ago until we have reinstalled some respect for them and taken some of the pressure of them........... once done by all means have a go

not saying they don’t get it in order but that manager and players need to get their houses in order first

4. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

If it is, I'm sure he could have done better

5. One Chance Asamoah

seen the interview on ssn yesterday, Didnt they not have the respect campaign 2 years ago which has went out the window though?

6. mackem911

mackem911 Member

The respect campaign is not worth a ball of blue.The punishment must always be greater than the crime.Sad but true.

We trail light-years behind most other professional sports,will not allow technology to assist referees and our appeal proceedures are worthless.This will never change as long as corruption is the norm. Again sad but true.

7. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

I wrote a piece on BBC606 a long time ago about referees, asking why they didn't answer reasonable questions on their decision making.
    Why they couldn't come out after a game and explain their decision making.
    Why they decide whether they are right or wrong among themselves.
    Too many times they make horrendous decisions and still wont hold their hands up and say they made a mistake.
    As long as this continues they will never get full respect from players managers and fans.

By the way, after some good responses none inflammatory or derogatory the thread was pulled, no explanation no right of asking why. BBC mods as bad as Refs only answerable to themselves.

8. MackemsRule

MackemsRule Well-Known Member

Oh! and they are ****ing LINESMEN not assistant referees!!!!!

9. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

Premier League chief executive Richard Scudamore has announced a crackdown on the "unacceptable" behaviour by players and managers towards referees

Great I endorse this whole heartedly but:

Doesn't he realise that a large contribution towards this unnacceptable behaviour is the competency (or lack of competency) of the referees.

Week in and week out managers and players are frustrated by obvious wrong decisions going against them, unfair decisions losing them games and in certain cases blatant bias towards one or the other of opposing teams.

Surely Mr Scudamore should be getting his own house in order first.
    ....................................................................................................

A good article with good points and questions, but I cant see scudamore agreeing with you, he is becoming to football, what the EEC is to the UK. overbearing and pompous, trying to take power at every turn. I think the power brokers within football, should sit down with fans, players, managers etc, and sort this shambles out once and for all, but good article nevertheless.

10. Shameless

Shameless Well hung member

There lies the solution - we are lead by backward thinking Luddites in this regard, the technology is easily implemented and the delay in reaching a decision would be less time than 11 Manure players mobbing the referee

11. Erik

Erik Well-Known Member

What they mean is they'll extend bans by an extra game or two, but that won't change the fact they never charge Man United at all.

12. billofengland

billofengland Well-Known Member

White rose, was and I hope still is a good boozer in Luxembourg.