1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Match Day Thread FA Cup versus Stevenage

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by sensiblegreeny, Nov 7, 2018.

1. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

no they are competition specific=no ban.

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Good...I thought so.....didn't we have this conversation a few weeks back after another cup game about Carey and a ban ?

3. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

The radio commentators, including our mate Rory Fallon again, remarked on the gulf in class between the two sides. This season hasn't exactly started well but I suppose we should recognise how far we've come.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

4. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Only eleven league positions separate us.

5. notDistantGreen

notDistantGreen Well-Known Member

In 2 different leagues.

Mcgeady, who scored both against us last week allegedly earns more in s month than any of ours does in a year. That's what we're up against.

Sent from my mobile phone - E&OE

6. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

As long as the premiership hangover exists for Sunderland they are always going to have players on mega wages compared to others in this league. Doubt it will be the same next season for them although I suspect it will be Championship wages then.

There was only ever going to be one winner yesterday despite it only being a 1 - 0 score line and the 94th minute. I can't really remember Stevenage threatening once to be honest. Can't be a poor side if they are 8th in their league but they were nowhere near the class of Argyle players.

7. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

One or two league one clubs seem to have struggled a bit this weekend with lower opposition. Have we improved or have they just got crapier...........

8. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

My local team Bromley took a 1-0 lead just before H/T against Peterborough....and then managed to get a player red carded and give away an equalizer before the interval.

Peterborough eventually won 3-1 against the ten men of Bromley....but as a National League side they did quite well....the gap does seem to be getting smaller at this level with experienced lower league players filtering down the pyramid.....Salford City (owned by Man U past stars) seem to have more money than some teams above them in Div 1/2 and have acquired a couple of good strikers....and are definitely in the mix for promotion to Div 2.

PS.....Don't forget 2nd round draw tonight on BBC2 at 7pm.