1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

FA Cup Semi arrangements

Discussion in 'Southampton' started by Le Saint, Mar 18, 2018.

1. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

When do we find out? Wonder if it will make general sale

2. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Here are the three ways Saints could announce it:

Press release from Les Reed:
    "We are fully committed to letting you know as soon as we can when these tickets are available. We have had positive talks with the FA and are confident that we will get what both parties want after a long season. We remain as a club fully committed to letting you all know when they are available.

Press release from Ralph:
    "The Southampton Saints are in the Football Association Semiiiiii - Cup final at Wembley Stadium in London, England on Saturday April 21st. Blah, blah, blah blah x 100"

What should happen:
    "Chelsea v Saints 21st April. Tickets available from Friday to all season ticket holders"

3. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

Ooh, decisions, decisions... I could make it up and back by train on the same day - just. Eek!

4. Libby

Libby 9-0

Imagine it'd be this week, can't take that long surely? Longer the better for me though as I'm skint until the end of the month <laugh>

It won't go to a proper general sale regardless, I'm hopeful of a ticket but I'm relying on some sth's not fancying it, depends on allocation too.

As I've said all yeart this is where using someone elses st comes back to bite me <wah>

5. Whiteley Saint

Whiteley Saint Well-Known Member

It's written in the stars :emoticon-0103-cool:

6. Missing Lambo

Missing Lambo Well-Known Member

After we beat Liverpool at Anfield, a few of us more senior fans were walking across to Stanley Park and some young 'uns (i.e under 60's) started a conversation about the final. My cousin said to one
    "Sod the final. I'll think about that later. I'm just relishing this."

That's how I feel. The fact that, unlike with last year's final, I can't get to this game or, should we win, the final is making me slightly sick with envy, but I am just enjoying the feeling of the Saints winning a match and playing in the second half more like the way we know they can.

Libby likes this.
  7. SaintFletch

SaintFletch Member

Whoever gets the Sunday game is in for a pain in the arse of a busy day. It’s the same day as the London Marathon!

With that going on I would suspect it will be a later in the day kick-off, 4pm or later. Given that, I’d suspect they wouldn’t want to leave United fans with a late trip back to Manchester (or Surrey) on a Sunday. Would make more sense for us to be a later Sunday KO given the shorter distance to travel.

8. Archers Road

Archers Road Urban Spaceman

Yes if making sense, or showing consideration for fans, were ideas the FA were ever likely to entertain.

9. thereisonlyoneno7

thereisonlyoneno7 Well-Known Member

Just checked Saturday or Sunday Coach from Bmth £18 return (though set coaches). Anytime train (with my railcard) £35

:)

10. Libby

Libby 9-0

Or the TV companies <ok>

Archers Road likes this.

11. BassettSaint

BassettSaint Active Member

From the OS:

Southampton will face Chelsea in the Emirates FA Cup semi-finals on Sunday 22nd April, at 3pm BST, the Football Association has confirmed.
    The sides will meet at Wembley Stadium for a place in the final, with the match being broadcast live on BT Sport.

The winner will advance to the final, against either Manchester United or Tottenham Hotspur, who will face each other on Saturday 21st April.

Ticket details for the clash with Chelsea are set to be announced at 2pm GMT today.

Please note that the date clashes with the Southampton Marathon, which will involve a number of road closures in the city.

The club is aware this will affect the St Mary’s area and would like to assure supporters that alternative pick-up arrangements for Official Coach Travel are being made.

Full details of these will be communicated to fans as soon as possible.

The London Marathon also takes place on the same day, with supporters advised to take the event into consideration when arranging travel plans in the city.

Libby likes this.
  12. Libby

Libby 9-0

Was just wondering if we'd get news today...

13. Libby

Libby 9-0

Sooo 2pm, reckon theyll do just home games again? With a similar allocation I expect they'll do it almost exactly the same way.

14. Libby

Libby 9-0

Remember season ticket holders, you could always give this one a miss in favour of the final and watch it on BT <whistle>

Lff likes this.
  15. Saint Helen

Saint Helen Well-Known Member

Aarrggghhhh! Why couldn't it be the Saturday? :mad: This member may be able to get a ticket for someone if they're desperate, though I don't have a purchase history this season...

16. thebronze14

thebronze14 Well-Known Member

Absolutely buzzing it's the Sunday as I know am able to go! Train booked from Manchester return for 46 quid...Now to get a ticket is the next matter in hand

17. jacksk1

jacksk1 Well-Known Member

We have received an allocation of 33,411 tickets in the West end of Wembley Stadium for our Emirates FA Cup semi-final tie against Chelsea, which takes place on Sunday 22nd April at 3pm BST.

TICKET PRICES
    • Category 1 – Adults £80, Concessions* £70
    • Category 2 – Adults £65, Concessions* £55
    • Category 3 – Adults £45, Concessions* £35
    • Category 4 – Adults £30, Concessions* £20
    *Concessions are defined as Over-65s, 18-21 year olds and Under-18s.

SEASON TICKET HOLDERS
    All 2017/18 Season Ticket Holders are guaranteed a ticket providing that they purchase them in one of the four Season Ticket windows detailed below.

The criteria for this fixture has been set taking into account all competitive first team fixtures played that are not included in your Season Ticket. For the avoidance of doubt, this totals 19 fixtures (every Premier League away game up to and including Newcastle United, away Emirates FA Cup ties at Fulham, West Bromwich Albion and Wigan Athletic, and the two home cup ties against Wolverhampton Wanderers and Watford).

• Tuesday 27th March (9am) – Season Ticket holders who have recorded AT LEAST FOUR of the qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    • Wednesday 28th March (9am) - Season Ticket holders who have recorded AT LEAST TWO of the qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    • Thursday 29th March (9am) - Season Ticket holders who have recorded AT LEAST ONE of the qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    • Tuesday 3rd April (9am) – Season Ticket holders who have not recorded any of the qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    Tickets will go off sale at 8.30am each day, and the ticketing website will close at this point to allow for the next sale to be prepared in time for 9am.

We have used the above criteria to reduce queuing times online for Season Ticket holders, however please remember that at the time of going on sale, it will be very busy and a lengthy queue is to be expected. Please use all the time allowed to purchase your ticket, as all Season Ticket holders are guaranteed a ticket providing they purchase within the timeframes detailed above.

Season Ticket holders who require accessible seating will follow the same purchase criteria as above. For full information on how to purchase when you qualify, please see the section below entitled ‘Accessible Seating’.

Tickets are limited to one per eligible Supporter Number, and a maximum of EIGHT tickets can be bought in any one transaction. No amendments can be made to tickets once purchased under any circumstances, so please thoroughly check which tickets you are about to purchase before confirming your order as there will be no opportunity to alter tickets once the purchase has been completed.

All tickets will be sent out via Royal Mail, and tickets bought by supporters based in the United Kingdom will NOT be available for collection. We will e-mail supporters once their tickets have been dispatched, however no tickets will be sent before Thursday 5th April. All tickets bought by supporters outside of the United Kingdom will need to be collected from the Ticket Office at Wembley Stadium on the day of the game – full details will be communicated via e-mail closer to the time.

OFFICIAL MEMBERS
    Following the sale to Season Ticket holders, tickets will go on sale to Official Members, based on how many qualifying fixtures they have purchased in the 2017/18 season. Priority will in the first instance be given to Official Members who purchased their Membership before the Wigan Athletic fixture on Sunday 18th March. All home Premier League fixtures up to and including Stoke City, all Emirates FA Cup games from this season (both home and away) and the Carabao Cup fixture vs Wolverhampton Wanderers count towards the criteria, meaning that there are a total of 21games which can be used to qualify in this sale. Please remember that tickets bought against someone else’s Supporter Number cannot be transferred to your own.

• Thursday 5th April (9am) – Official Members who bought their Membership BEFORE Sunday 18th March and have purchased AT LEAST THREE qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    • Friday 6th April (9am) - Official Members who bought their Membership BEFORE Sunday 18th March and have purchased AT LEAST TWO qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    • Monday 9th April (9am) - Official Members who bought their Membership BEFORE Sunday 18th March and have purchased AT LEAST ONE qualifying fixture against their Supporter Number.
    Once this sale has been completed, tickets will go on sale to Official Members who purchased their Membership AFTER Sunday 18th March, based on how many qualifying fixtures they have purchased in the 2017/18 season.

• Tuesday 10th April (9am) – Official Members who bought their Membership AFTER Sunday 18th March and have purchased AT LEAST THREE qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number.
    • Wednesday 11th April (9am) – Official Members who bought their Membership AFTER Sunday 18th March and have purchased AT LEAST ONE qualifying fixture against their Supporter Number.
    Tickets will go off sale at 8.30am each day, and the ticketing website will close at this point to allow for the next sale to be prepared in time for 9am.

Official Members who require accessible seating will follow the same purchase criteria as above. For full information on how to purchase when you qualify, please see the section below entitled ‘Accessible Seating’.

Tickets are limited to one per eligible Supporter Number, and a maximum of EIGHT tickets can be bought in any one transaction. No amendments can be made to tickets once purchased.

NON SEASON TICKET HOLDERS/MEMBERS
    Subject to availability, following the sale to Official Members, tickets will then go on sale to supporters without a Season Ticket or Official Membership, based on how many qualifying fixtures they have purchased in the 2017/18 season. All home Premier League fixtures up to and including Stoke City, all Emirates FA Cup games from this season (both home and away) and the Carabao Cup fixture vs Wolverhampton Wanderers count towards the criteria, meaning that there are a total of 21 games which can be used to qualify in this sale. Please remember that tickets bought against someone else’s Supporter Number cannot be transferred to your own.

Please note that no guarantee can be given that any tickets will remain at this point, and if tickets are available it is likely that the choice of seating will be extremely limited.

Any tickets remaining will go on sale in the following order...

• Thursday 12th April (9am) – Supporters who have purchased AT LEAST THREE qualifying fixtures against their Supporter Number OR Official Members without a purchase history.
    • Friday 13th April (9am) – Supporters who have purchased AT LEAST ONE qualifying fixture against their Supporter Number.

Should there still be tickets remaining after this sale, a further announcement as to ticket sales will be made in the afternoon of Friday 13th April.

Supporters who require accessible seating will follow the same purchase criteria as above. For full information on how to purchase when you qualify, please see the section below entitled ‘Accessible Seating’.

Tickets are limited to one per eligible Supporter Number, and a maximum of EIGHT tickets can be bought in any one transaction. No amendments can be made to tickets once purchased.

Lambertissier likes this.
  18. Libby

Libby 9-0

Seems a very low starting point for members to me. Assuming that's a combination of less members and sth's than last season.

They're still allowing late membership purchases but those who bought before wigan get priority. Good.

More confident than I was this morning.

19. Saintmagic

Saintmagic Well-Known Member

Oh well I have no chance then, will just have to go in club Wembley like I did for the League Cup final.

20. Libby

Libby 9-0

Same end as last year too.