1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Fa cup draw

Discussion in 'Plymouth' started by Greenarmyjoe, Oct 27, 2014.

1. Greenarmyjoe

Greenarmyjoe Well-Known Member

A home tie for a change.

Plymouth v AFC Fylde

2. Plymborn

Plymborn Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

AFC Fylde are top of Conference North........that's level six I believe........should win this one.....but they can play a bit by their league position.

3. sensiblegreeny

sensiblegreeny Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

I was hoping Argyle would firstly get a home tie. Job done. Secondly that they would draw the lowest team left in the competition. Not quite job done but good enough.

The rational for the above is I want them to get through the first round. Then draw the next lowest side left in the second round and win that. After that a tie against the biggest club left in away from home for the New Year. All in all making us somewhere in the region of £300k plus or more.

4. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I've just been reading comments on pasoti regarding this draw and have to say the signs of over confidence are out in force. You would think from some of them that we have some tremendous record in cup competitions which in our case is rare rather than the rule. Thankfully there are also people out there with their feet more firmly planted. Whilst it is the sort of draw I was looking for our record over the last 5 years or so still makes me a wee bit nervous. This is the best we have been doing for a long while league wise and form wise but no need to believe this is a walk over because their league results and position says that isn't the case. Form book says we should win but games are never played on form books are they.

5. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Just watched Exeter hit the dirt at Warrington. What can one say but Oh dear!!!!! Not quite sure how they lost it but if that is the extent of the upsets for this weekend then I'll be a happy man. Will be at Home Park tomorrow with great expectations and a few bits crossed.

6. Greenarmyjoe

What a nice start to the FA cup!

7. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

2nd round PAFC V WARRINGTON would be nice (and prob would be on TV too)

8. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Warrington think so Joe they just made about £80k out of that match and are in for another payday in the next round. That sort of money must be huge to a club like that. There was me hoping for a local derby in the next round and they go and let the side down. Tut Tut!!!!! You can't trust them to get anything right can you.

9. Greenarmyjoe

We could do with a pay day or two like that! Excretia needed the money as well. What a shame. Hope fully we progress to the next round and then to the 3rd round a nice big club abd a nice pay day.. about time we had some luck. Nice cup tie weather today!

10. Greenarmyjoe

The Warrington Manager had a spell with his Brother at Argyle i believe? will await the news desk (Plym) to put that right..

11. hp_bedoboy

hp_bedoboy Active Member

Job done but believe they had their fair share of the match.....roll on Sat. <ok>

12. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

I think your right Joe......had him scouting up north I believe.......:emoticon-0139-bow:.

13. Plymjools

Plymjools Active Member
    Forum Moderator

I've just got back from the match and what can I say ..... I've had more fun watching paint dry, it was a very flat match and Luke yet again saved us !

14. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Jools........I didn't think you went near Home Park these days.......it wasn't to throw eggs at your friend Mr Wrathall was it ?

15. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

Please see match report by lyndhurst. Mrs Jools is right. But, job done so onwards we go. For me next match Warrington at Home Park. They could hardly walk after 70 minutes last night so 90 on the Home Park pitch would kill them. I don't care who it is as long as they are a minnow side and it's a home match. We probably got about £35k out of today. Another soft payday would be ok and save the big one for the 3rd round or fourth or fifth even.

16. EssexPilgrim

EssexPilgrim Member

A home draw against anyone for me, as long as we make the third round. I've never been one for hoping to draw a football giant though, i know it makes sense financially but I'd rather we went as far as possible 1984 style, great memories.

17. sensiblegreeny

Forum Moderator

I'm with you on that one Essex. The smallest team left in the competition at all stages with us drawn at home will do me fine. Giants are for the last round at a full Wembley. Whoever we play we get paid more and more as the competition goes on so who needs an exit.

18. Plymborn

Forum Moderator

Crewe or Sheff U v Argyle.

19. lyndhurstgreen

lyndhurstgreen Active Member

Not the most inspiring but there is every chance of forcing a draw away and bringing them back to 'fortress' home park.

20. Greenarmyjoe

That is very winnable..