1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 2020 SEASON: NEWS - RUMOURS

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by ched999uk, Oct 25, 2019.

1. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

I hope you don't mind but I thought I'd have a go. I'm no expert though. About 90 minutes of trial & error with GIMP...

upload_2020-4-9_21-37-26.png

2. eddie_squidd

eddie_squidd Well-Known Member

palps2web.jpg OK You made me do it!!!!!

3. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

4. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

Yours was a far better attempt than I could ever have managed !

Justjazz likes this.
  5. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

If squidd & I are never heard from again, you'll all know that Darth Marko monitors the forum.

Justjazz and Number 1 Jasper like this.
  6. Number 1 Jasper

Number 1 Jasper Well-Known Member

<laugh>

7. eddie_squidd

Mine wasn’t Photoshop. It was a photo I took when Marko turned up at my house warning me not to make a Photoshop.

8. Mr.B

Mr.B Well-Known Member

<laugh>

9. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

Seems like Todt is blaming Ferrari for the FIA not being allowed to release the info on the agreement that was reached about 2019's PU!!!
    How can a team tell the sports governing body what it can do????
    I know FIA usd to be known as Ferrari International Assistance but when did Ferrari make the rules? OK so they have their veto but surely they were not allowed to use that in this case????

10. Justjazz

Justjazz Well-Known Member

I suspect the agreement/settlement is tacit acceptance that they did behave inappropriately which the other teams would jump on demanding disqualification from multiple races. Perhaps instead Ferrari give up 100m and everyone stays silent. While there is noise Ferrari maintain their image.

ched999uk likes this.

11. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

A bombshell but at the same time perhaps inevitable.

Vettel to leave Ferrari at the end of 2020.
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/formula1/52612216

It's been a harsh fall from grace. From the youngest world champion, on course to break Michael's records to an enforced early retirement (unless he fancies a stay in the midfield), but you have to say its been coming.

Hamilton has completely overshadowed him and now with the new generation emerging he's found himself as the 4th or 5th best driver in a sport that only has enough competitive teams for three no1s.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
  12. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Shame that article is written by the biggest bald headed twat, he is so biased to certain drivers its sad. Vettel will probably retire though can't see him going to a midfield car unless Mclaren get good again with Mercedes engines.

13. TopClass

TopClass Well-Known Member

Seb leaving!

Reading between the lines I think the guy is walking away from the sport.

Where else could he go? I doubt Merc would pair him with Lewis, Red Bull would be a brilliant fit for them to strengthen their Constructors title aspirations, but of course they are built around Max.

He wouldn’t fancy Renault or McLaren would he?

So- who are you pairing up with LeClerc then ladies and gents?

14. eddie_squidd

Well the rumours have been that he'd do a swap with either Sainz or Ricciardo.

Personally I am desperate for Ricciardo to go to Ferrari. It seems a fairytale fit, although I'm not sure how he'd deal with being potentially a number 2 to Leclerc.

Also, I'd rather see Sainz stay at McLaren as they are building something wonderful there with those two young drivers and a dynamic team on the up.

Also if Vettel went to McLaren he would go through further embarrassment getting his ass kicked by Norris.

Last edited: May 12, 2020
    ched999uk likes this.
  15. Justjazz

I haven't read the article but I suspect this is Seb's own decision and I respect him for making it. The fun must surely have gone out of the sport for him. He and Leclerc clashed because Seb could not allow himself to be beaten but lacked the finesse to challenge cleanly, in any dual with whatever car. He has made the right decision and there is more beyond F1. I think his reaction times dropped and consequently the mistakes followed, I guess he has been told that. He will be OK, he has his family, and what little respect he commands remains in place this way.
    As for his replacement, I would love to see Ricciardo go there. No 1/2, just each to respect the other.
    As good as Lewis is, his reaction times are going to come down at some point. This F1 pause may not be good for him, depends what he is doing to stay sharp mentally.

16. Viva_Giggsy

Viva_Giggsy Well-Known Member

Some people are lucky, Schumacher reactions were top notch till the end of he's Ferrari days but could see he's reactions had dropped loads on he's comeback and he's dodgy neck. Vettel would still batter Norris if he went to Mclaren, Norris and that gimp at Williams are nothing special.

17. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

It would be good to see Riccy at Ferrari. Might give Charles some competition and experience plus he speaks Italian, I think. I might be biased as I like to see Lando and Carlos 'working' together.
    Not sure if Vettel should carry on at all as I think he has just lost his edge, maybe he never had one just managed to have better 'management' at times? I have never really rated him that much. The crash with Webber, him side swiping Hamilton behind safety car, to name but a couple of events where his judgement was suspect.
    That said I do respect almost every driver who makes it to F1 even with the help of lots of money. They are very very good drivers you just have to look at the accuracy of their driving on track lap after lap they hit their marks within millimetres.

I can't see how Vettel can leave F1 on a high so may as well go at the end of this season, if we have one. His failure to sign a contract at Ferrari will open up the driver market even before a wheel has turned in a race. Will be interesting to see where it goes.

Hopefully we will see some real racing soon. I think Pole position will be more valuable than ever before with so many drivers so rusty...

Justjazz likes this.
  18. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

Surely the logical thing would be to whack Vettel in the Merc, and Hamilton see out his remaining years at the Scuderia. That could be tasty. :)

19. Justjazz

Even Bottas would beat Vettel.
    Quite interesting to ponder the strategy of Ferrari. If they had signed Vettel for 1 year, who would have been available at the end of 2021 who is an established driver. None of merit as far as I can see except Ocon perhaps. So, was the strategy really about giving Le Clerc the support for him to establish himself a consistent winner and contract a logical no 2 who would be happy with that status in 2022. Neither of the two obvious availables for 2021 would accept a number 2 status and not sure Ferrari want Le Clerc challenged. Vettel was right to reject the need for team orders (assumed on my part). Not convinced the blindingly obvious from a fans perspective is going to happen re the second driver in 2021. Could be a young'un/newbie. Bottas maybe? Alex Albon, he won't be allowed to challenge Max.

ched999uk likes this.
  20. BrightLampShade

BrightLampShade Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Goes to Williams, wins the 2021 WDC. Everyone be like what?

Big Ern and ched999uk like this.