1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 2015 Season: Lineup's - Rumours - News

Discussion in 'Formula 1' started by EternalMSC, Jan 24, 2014.

1. nh-f1

nh-f1 Member

Didn't Bernie say something a couple of years ago about trying to get a race in Azerbaijan?

2. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

@TheSpeedTracker: Qualifying may get points from 2015: 8 points for pole, reducing scale; may be just for final six rounds of a season http://t.co/a7NG6t09lG

3. Julius Caesar

Julius Caesar Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Seems 2014 may be my last season of watching this "sport".

4. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

What a farce. Just, wow.

5. SgtBhaji

SgtBhaji Well-Known Member

I can see having bonus points for qualifying 1st, fastest lap and most laps led... But having a whole scoring system for qualifying and only at certain rounds is just daft.

Why are they feeling the need to mess with the scoring system anyway? It's not the scoring system that's broken.

6. EternalMSC

EternalMSC Well-Known Member

It's like someone has let a group of kids loose to change the rules.

7. ched999uk

ched999uk Well-Known Member

It's all mad. Is there a fundamental problem with existing points? Bernie is trying to mess with the system to boost the viewing figures at the end of the season. To me the most difficult races are the ones at the beginning of the season. Some years not much changes but times like this year the team who have done the best should be rewarded. The teams who do badly at the beginning of the season go on to copy the designs of the best teams. So reward winning at the beginning of the season more than the end would be better.

The whole point of qualifying is that getting closer to the front of the grid is the advantage!!!

But it's all about Bernie maximising his income and stuff the fans!

8. EternalMSC

I wouldn't be surprised if they did an F1 happy meal in conjunction with Mcdonalds, or an F1 cartoon on Cbeebies. FFS.

9. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

from 2016 whoever does the fastest 2nd pit stop between lap 39 and 43 in the last race will be awarded the WDC. The team with the fastest rear left tyre removal average over the course of the season wil be WCC, that way everyone has a chance.

10. SgtBhaji

In the future, they may decide the title with the top 4 contenders battling it out with a game of Twister after the final race.

11. El_Bando

El_Bando Can't remember, where was I?
    Forum Moderator

Get Bernie out now!!!

12. 51LV3R8RR04

51LV3R8RR04 Well-Known Member

If points in qualifying was for the whole season I wouldn't mind as it will screw over certain teams like Ferrari who always focus on the race and give no challenge to the likes of Red Bull, McLaren and Mercedes in qualifying. Many Saturday drivers careers would of lasted much longer if their skills were properly rewarded as I believe just being "at the front on a Sunday" isn't reward enough for the guys who are better qualifiers to the likes of Button and Alonso who don't seem to care much where they qualify as it means nothing to the world title and doesn't punish them enough for their lack of ability in which I think is wrong.

13. DHCanary

DHCanary Very Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Whether qualifying should carry points is worthy of debate, it's the making the end of the season more important that really annoys me. How many other sports feel the need to do this? It's completely unfair on the smaller teams, as Ched says. Any innovative idea teams might have early on will just be copied, and those that can't keep up with the development race will finish bottom. Bernie's ruining F1 as a sport in trying to make it a spectacle.

14. SgtBhaji

I'm not for it... Simply because it will remove another opportunity to run a different strategy if every driver has to compete for qualifying points.

15. Smithers

Smithers Well-Known Member
    Forum Moderator

Not only that but the fastest quali car/driver is normally the fastest race car which would normally win the race - so the WDC would be over quicker. The only way it would work would be if they could choose their start fuel and we had in race refuelling!

16. SgtBhaji

Almost always... But do you really think Bernie considered this at all? He's lost it completely. His medal idea, faux wet races, double points, points tables for qualifying... He's totally off his mash.

I'm just counting down the days until he gets the chop from F1, so maybe we can get an ounce of common sense.

17. Big Ern

Big Ern Lord, Master, Guru & Emperor

heres hoping the judge and jury on his bribery case are log standing F1 fans

18. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Have you noticed Bernie has introduced a lot of strange rules that have been proven very unpopular by the mass fans ever since his court case?

My theory is he knows he is going down and will lose his job so he is attempting to ruin F1. He will then launch a new racing series (GP1) and have all the power.

19. EternalMSC

I think you are probably not far off there, it makes sense, a clinical and very cruel breakdown of F1.

20. El_Bando

Forum Moderator

Just read news that Marrussia are nolonger making cars and also nolonger own the F1 team.

So Marrusia is now Irish?