1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

F1 2013 Xbox/PS3

Discussion in 'F1 Off Topic' started by allsaintchris., Dec 4, 2013.

1. allsaintchris.

allsaintchris. Well-Known Member

How's everyone getting on with this?

My last F1 purchase was 2010 (I don't get the update every year) and I think 2013 is a massive improvement.

The cars are less darty to control, the pitlane and punctures glitches seem to be all but removed and the AI is much better so other drivers will actually try to defend their lines from you. And in-game saves FTW!

Only gripe is the interface is a bit slow to load between scenarios and the pit-lane screen options aren't as intuitive to navigate.

The classic races are a bit of a laugh. I don't have the full classic game, just the taster you get with the normal version. Just a shame Dingle Dell at Brands Hatch is formatted in its current guise as a corner, rather than the quick chicance it used to be.

2. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

If you're in it just for single player, go right ahead, it's great! But if you're racing in a league or just simply online it's a stressful piece of crap as it just doesn't have the feel of the career mode and the penalty system is still terrible.

3. allsaintchris.

Not ventured out to multi-player yet. Still scrubbing up on set-ups and lines!

4. di Fredsta!

di Fredsta! Well-Known Member

It's definitely their best game yet for sure, I just think they should have put another month or so into it and get rid of all the small problems (There's nothing majorly wrong with it, just little things like certain curbs flinging you into a spin for no reason, the mclaren being fastest in Bahrain because it has higher gearing etc etc). Especially with the PS4 and X1 coming out I think they could have made one for both systems, even though I run in a semi serious league I just feel like I can't be bothered to play it anymore because of the little things.

5. allsaintchris.

My main bug with 2010 was the holding in pit stops whilst the entire field went past you, then a 90% chance of a puncture within a lap of pitting. Ruined race after race. With those gone the acutal races are playable again. Until I get a wheel and pedals I can only go so far, the controller is too difficult if you have the tc & abs switched off.