1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Eze In Trouble

Discussion in 'Queens Park Rangers' started by Rodney, Jan 11, 2021.

1. Rodney

Rodney Well-Known Member

From the Times today:

"Mark Warburton has admitted Queens Park Rangers were wrong to allow Eberechi Eze to attend Saturday’s FA Cup game against Fulham.

The QPR manager revealed that the Crystal Palace forward, 22, has attended three of his former club’s games this season after the FA opened an investigation last night into his presence.

Warburton said he understood the angry public reaction after both club and player appeared to break Covid-19 guidelines as the population has been told to stay at home in a third national lockdown. “Yes, absolutely, I understand why there is [anger], because we know the situation society is facing in this country,” he said. “We are all very aware of it.

“QPR as a club have stringent protocols in place that we apply very, very strongly to every single player and staff member.

“On this occasion, we should have declined the request, simple as that. We made the error and know that. Eberechi is an outstanding character. I cannot speak highly enough of Eberechi Eze in terms of his character.

“I believe he was at a game in October, at a game back in August. He’s very close to several members of the squad and staff, such is his character. But, on this occasion, I had no idea.“He made the request. We should have said no. On this rare occasion, we have made the mistake. It’s as plain and simple as that. We should have politely rejected the request for obvious reasons. That mistake was made, it will not happen again.“Other than that, the protocols are stringently applied as they have to be right now. Our record among the playing squad is exemplary in terms of testing, what we do here and the results as well.
    “So a lot of work here has been done but, on this occasion, it was a mistake from the club.

”Reports on Saturday suggested the FA had approved Eze’s visit but these were confirmed to be false last night. The FA is looking into the circumstances around Eze’s visit, during which he was pictured without a mask and failing to follow social-distancing protocols."

I posted an online comment saying that as a punishment he should be made to come back to QPR and be forced to play for us.:emoticon-0116-evilg

Last edited: Jan 11, 2021
  2. awjm

awjm Well-Known Member

This is ****ing stupid and utterly perplexing. What the hell were they thinking?

3. sb_73

sb_73 Well-Known Member

I think we are in trouble, as well as Eze. And rightly so.

4. jeffranger

jeffranger Well-Known Member

Silly boy

5. QPR Oslo

QPR Oslo Well-Known Member

Tut tut. Wear the mask Ebere and keep 5 meters distance.

6. ELLERS

ELLERS Well-Known Member

He should just tell them he was testing his eyes?

7. Ciarrai_Abu

Ciarrai_Abu Well-Known Member

Pity the guy is taking such flak for going to see his ex team play. Are people not allowed to make mistakes anymore without the world and its mother coming down so hard on them?

8. QPR Oslo

Same goes for Kakay who I think it was sitting next to Eze, with an empty seat between them. Also whowver it was sitting 2 seats from Kakay.

qprbeth and ELLERS like this.
  9. NigsyHoops

NigsyHoops Well-Known Member

Oslo, I normally am wrong. But if you are sitting down do you still have to wear a mask. I agree though that we and Eze are in trouble.

10. QPR Oslo

I'm not familiar with details of the rules in London mate, but I've never heard of what position you are in as being relevant to mask wearing, or not. Only that you can spread it further if you are breathing hard, running, cycling etc.

If you are breathing you can spread and catch virus. I suppose if you can keep burying your head in the sand, and coming up for air, it might help a while!

kiwiqpr likes this.

11. bunmahon_ranger

bunmahon_ranger Well-Known Member

To be honest he should get a medal for having to watch...

12. Eamon Holmes

Eamon Holmes Well-Known Member

What is the betting we are docked 5 or 10 points for this?
    Sort of thing they like to do to "set an example".
    Div 1 here we come.

13. rangercol

rangercol Well-Known Member

He's young and has made a silly mistake.
    The club have been stupid too.

Both will get a hammering.

All easily avoided.

14. WBA2_QPR3

WBA2_QPR3 Well-Known Member

I think it could be SLF in the cap

QPR Oslo likes this.
  15. QPR Oslo

No, it was another young bloke in the clips I saw.

16. Didley Squat

Didley Squat Well-Known Member

Not condoning what he’s done but it’s not as if he was out partying like other club players.
    Have they been punished or is it only us who get made an example of?

Frome-Ranger, kiwiqpr and Hoop-Leif like this.
  17. finglasqpr

finglasqpr Well-Known Member

Badly run club?

You better believe it.

Silly, brainless thing to do by whoever invited him along.

sb_73 likes this.
  18. Rangers Til I Die

Rangers Til I Die Well-Known Member

They are allowed - unless they get caught. After that, no mercy! Not my personal stance and considerably fuelled by those bastions of moral character - journalists.

19. kiwiqpr

kiwiqpr Barnsie Mod

Eze fined for Covid-19 breach, Celtic chief apologises for team’s Dubai trip
    • Crystal Palace playmaker will be free to face Arsenal
    • Peter Lawwell says sorry to Celtic fans for ‘regrettable’ trip
    PA Media
    Wed 13 Jan 2021 14.41 EST
    Roy Hodgson believes Eberechi Eze showed “naivety” when he became the latest footballer to breach coronavirus protocols but the Crystal Palace playmaker is free to face Arsenal on Thursday after being fined.

The 22-year-old attended his former club QPR’s FA Cup tie with Fulham on Saturday and failed to wear a mask at all times. Eze was also pictured with only one seat between him and another person in the directors’ box at Loftus Road.

Footballers deserve respect, not to be treated by ministers as punchbags | Paul MacInnes
    “When he realised what he did – naively I must point out and without any malice – he was full of remorse, regret and wanted to take responsibility and apologise to everybody,” Hodgson said.

“Do I think the foolish thing Eberechi did merits that he should be left out of the team and punished in that way? I don’t. I don’t think what he did would merit that type of punishment, but it does merit a fine because a slap on the wrist isn’t really enough.”

Palace were unaware Eze planned to attend the match and QPR have conceded they made an error in accepting Eze’s request to watch.

“We are very upset and a bit disappointed too he wasn’t stopped from going and I know QPR have done well in that respect,” Palace’s manager said. “They have taken responsibility because had we known he planned to do that we would have stopped it. He has apologised and will learn a harsh lesson from it.”

The incident occurred a week after the Palace captain, Luka Milivojevic, was fined for mixing with Aleksandar Mitrovic and the Fulham player’s family on New Year’s Eve.

QPR Oslo likes this.
  20. qprbeth

qprbeth Wicked Witch of West12
    Forum Moderator

Probably not in too much trouble. He played the full match tonight