1. Log in now to remove adverts - no adverts at all to registered members!

Expiring Contracts

Discussion in 'Arsenal' started by PleaseNotPoll, Mar 26, 2017.

1. lazarus20000

lazarus20000 Well-Known Member

On Jack Wilshere:

But the news conference started with him reacting to the broken leg suffered by midfielder Jack Wilshere, who has been out on loan at Bournemouth.

"I've not spoken to Jack recently," he said. "They think it’s a simple fracture, but he doesn't need any surgery. He'll be back in July for normal training. It's a simple fracture of the fibula. The rehab will be made here.

"His loan spell ends at the end of the season. I felt sad when he was injured again. Jack is a great football player with a great football brain. His career has been stopped by many injuries. The game is of such an intensity it takes a while to get the confidence back. A great career doesn't stop and go - you have to be consistent. Cristiano Ronaldo, who plays 50 games a year, has luck.

"This injury has nothing to do with extension of Jack's contract. We havent entered negotiations with Jack. In all of these cases with one year to go - we'll discuss during the break."

So no negotiations started on Wilshere, but Wenger comes out with a hidden gem in bold. Good grief give me strength, we've got another 2 years of this tripe to listen to.

2. yossarian

yossarian Well-Known Member

3. winifred122

winifred122 Well-Known Member

seems fair to me.......am I missing something?

TheBear likes this.
  4. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Well. In my opinion, firstly at no point has Wilshere had a great career. He's always been mediocre. And secondly the but about luck is just embarrassing.

5. winifred122

I guess it's all down to how you read it. To me he wasn't saying Wilshere had had a great career, you could read it as though he was saying he hadn't had a great career because of the ups and downs he has suffered. As for the luck bit- well, anybody in a successful career has some luck. It's what you make of it that is important.

6. lazarus20000

He was saying that Ronaldo was lucky that he consistently plays 50 games a season and that Wilshere has been out injured for most of his career because he is unlucky. This is a complete sack of sh1t on so many levels and takes away any blame from him, the player or the club. Ronaldo is talented but he works damn hard on his fitness, practices constantly and is gifted with athleticism and strength, but his club also doesn't kill him with injurious training methods. There is a time when you have to look at the player, is his body up to it, are our training methods at fault and is he doing enough as a player. We've been guilty of causing injuries to players but Wenger has been very slow in changing things. This is just one of many mistakes that he's made over the years which he doesn't admit to and stubbornly continues to make.

BrunelGooner likes this.
  7. winifred122

Don't worry, I'm sure that your continual posts pointing out errors will help him see sense. Keep going my son

TheBear likes this.
  8. TheBear

TheBear Well-Known Member

Arsene was a great manager. He isn't anymore. But it's hilarious that some fans seem to think he has no abilities left at all.
    You dont finish in the Champions League places for 20 Seasons (in this league) without having some exceptional qualities.

This is why I would bet money on him finishing top four next Season - its the safe bet. People want to think there's a sudden collapse happening but that's jus the media stirring **** up. We've had a poor poor Season but it was statistically bound to happen at some point.
    Even Mourinho/Klopp and Guardiola have had Seasons where they lost the dressing room and things went south. It happens - Wengers not elite, he's annoyingly repetitive but he's still good enough to finish in the top four year after year.

Also too much has been made of Tottenham, Liverpool and Chelsea this year. None are anywhere near the best in Europe. The league just isn't that strong - for the media to make out we have some kind of mountain to climb to get back is laughable. Leicester City won the league last year FFS.

9. lazarus20000

I will thanks. I dislike arrogant hypocrites like him that pretend he does no wrong. Even if he showed one iota of humility I would give it a break, but his latest behaviour of dragging on his announcement just shows how little he thinks of the fanbase.

He was once everything that was good about Arsenal in the early days, but now it's everything that is wrong with the club.

10. cini65

cini65 Well-Known Member

Dude, drop the stats stuff as you don't seem to know how stats works.